Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Fall of Stardust [Lunaria]

Started by Ethereal-Star, August 04, 2015, 04:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

@Lunaria

Light shone through the stained glass windows of the Temple of Epona, colorful rays cascading onto the marble floor inside. It was a fairly moderate-sized temple, not too large but not overly small either. An altar with ever burning candles lit on it danced a fiery warmth, their heated glow illuminating a certain unicorn who was praying at this altar.

Stardust prayed for a little girl she had met while visiting the mortal realm several layers down from this reality, her home plane of Kalona, the twilight realm. Lovely songbirds sang their tunes at these times, the periods of dusk and dawn. Moonflowers also only opened up their petals then, before closing back up once the morning or night rolled around in full. It was truly a beautiful, magical time then, these twilit hours, more so than usual. Magic was said to be strongest at these times of day, good magic that is. Prayers were more likely to be heard and answered then too.

The silver unicorn finished her praying and stood up on all fours, stretching out her limbs, tail swishing back and forth as she left an offering of a white gem, dropping it from her mouth in the basket by the base of the altar. Bowing her head at the statue of Epona, Stardust took her leave then and left the temple. She hoped the little girl would find a family to adopt her soon, as she had been an orphan at her birth. Emalu was her name, a sweet little human child of five years. She deserved a loving family, one who would both love and cherish her until the end of her mortal days.

A star blinked in the night sky then, along with the last notes of a songbird sounding as it was already dark when Stardust emerged from the temple. It was a sure sign her prayer was on its way to being answered and soon. The unicorn smiled and bowed at the twinkling star in gratitude before continuing on her way. She wished to travel again to the lands below, the world of Earth it was called. Stardust had been there many times before and she wanted to do so again, as well as see who else she could help to guide them forth to a better life.

Enacting her Plane-Walking ability, the unicorn soon faded from sight and reappeared next to a small pond with colorful flowers growing nearby it, a duck swimming in its not so still waters as its feathery movement rippled the smooth surface. This was one of her two favorite places to visit here, and so she settled down near the water and relaxed, just enjoying being. Tomorrow she would check on the little girl and see how things were going at the orphanage she stayed at. Stardust wished to give the little girl a blessing as she began a fresh start at her new home. For now, the unicorn of light would rest a bit.

Closing her eyes she began to drift off into a soft slumber, the night sky a black palette of celestial beauty with the many stars shining above, just like it was back home. It was a tranquil time for her and she was happy. Little did she know her world would soon shatter to pieces, taking her down a dark and dreary path from which she might not ever return from.

SilmeriaElemred

It was soon that the calm winds lay down. Only to blow into an opposite direction afterwards. A man approaced but when he saw Stardust he stopped. He looked weary and his clothes had seen better days. His skin a strange pale ish grey and eyes sunken away deep. Empty. He was not sick or dying. But something did seem to plague him. Right now he seemed broken.

He smiled at Stardust for a while and only the Gods knew what his smile meant back then. The winds then grew fiercer. ''No... not again...'' he said panicing. Looking around. The grass around him dried and died. The trees losing their leaves slowly too as if all life drained away from it. It was dark magic. A surely powerful one at that. He started to beg for it to stop but it did not work. Everything within five meters of his form was dead. ''Please... Help me...'' he begged to Stardust who was out of his range. ''It... it will not stop. Never does it stop...''

Ethereal-Star

Stardust awoke quickly as the taint of something dark assaulted her senses. Standing up, she looked around seeing all the dead life around her before her silver-white eyes then locked onto the sickly-looking elven man standing there, pleading. Pleading to make it stop. He couldn't help what he was doing, it wasn't his fault. And Stardust took it upon herself at that moment to do whatever she could to aid him.

Walking up to him as fast as her legs could manage, the unicorn's eyes were filled with such immense compassion as she gazed at him sadly, a pain in her heart. The sheer intensity of it present in Stardust's entire being spoke volumes of how much she wished to help lead him onto the correct path, and ease his struggles.

"There, there now. Everything's going to be alright. Tell me what I can do to be of service."

SilmeriaElemred

''My magic it... controls me. It destroys most of what I touch and see... magic blockers only made it worse'' he looked at his hands. I do not want to be a monster... I am a disgrace. I... need help to control this darkness running through my veins like poison...'' Erian replied.

''I could do it... at first but the power grew more and faster then I did...''

Ethereal-Star

"I can help you." Stardust told him softly, trying her best to make him feel better.

Gesturing with her horn to a spot near the pond, she beckoned him to sit with her for awhile. Trotting over there, she asked, "Can you tell me more about what plagues you? I'll do whatever I can to help." Of course, not having any sort of clue as to his actual motives behind the false facade he wore.

SilmeriaElemred

''Something once manifested itself so deeply into my very existence it can not be removed. I tried everything. But nothing worked. It takes life from all around me. From the flowers till animals... it is... even dangerous to be around you for sure...'' he spoke as he sat down and let his face rest in his hands. ''Even death just makes the effects worse. It draws everything from around me and adds it to my own wether I want to or not.''

It seemed true, he seemed a bit healthier then before. ''I do not know when it happened. At one time I was happy... was just wedded to a lovely woman. And then at the feast... the food started to rot and the guests died one by one. My wife too. I just... feel so... lost. I'm am abomation''

Ethereal-Star

Stardust listened to his words, her full attention on him and his plight. While the silver unicorn had dealt with exorcising possessions before in people, it had only been a handful of times. She concentrated a bit and enacted a protection spell in the form of a golden glow surrounding her being. It was a powerful spell, one that drew upon many divine forces in the universe, which included angelic magic, light magic, star magic, and the Golden Flower of Light all in one powerful, potent package. It would last only about five minutes or so, just enough to help the poor man out and protect herself in the process from any accidental harm.

Focusing on the half-elf before her, Stardust got a glimpse of the dark energies that swirled around and through him. They were strong indeed, but her magic should be stronger. Reciting a prayer of protection to weave around the both of them, its white pure energy added on to the previous spell's overall strength. The unicorn then got ready to do the next step, and she told the elven man exactly what she was going to do. This spell would only work on a possessed person, and it would take lots of effort to perform it.

"I am going to attempt to draw the malicious spirit out of you." she told him, looking him straight in the eye so he would not have any reason to distrust her. "All you need do is hold perfectly still, while I do my magic. The protections have already been placed around us, there is no need to fear. We are safe as long as the protections hold, and they will."

After the dark spirit had been captured in a bubble of binding light, Stardust would send it back to the void from which it came. She had done it before and would gladly do so again for the poor soul before her who desperately needed her help now. "Are you ready?" she asked him in a comforting voice. Once he gave the okay, she would perform the needed ritual.

SilmeriaElemred

The man looked up at her. ''You can do that?...'' he asked. He sounded amazed and grateful. And he smiled. ''I am ready'' he said and closed his eyes.

Of course, there was something to be removed. Something small and powerful but it was something he controlled rather then the other way around. It would get casted out. And then the fun was going to begin then.

Ethereal-Star

Nodding her head, the silver unicorn prepared to do the exorcism needed to drive away the evil force inside the poor man.

Chanting the needed words of power and gathering the energy required to accomplish the task at hand, Stardust was about halfway done with the ritual when a sudden unknown force knocked her completely on her back. Stunned at what could have happened as all the necessary precautions had been taken, she got up on all fours and tried to think of what could have gone wrong. Stardust other than being knocked back, suffered no ill effects from the failed exorcism. Her divine magics saw to that.

Shaking her head and mane in bewilderment, she looked at the elven man before her, concerned and afraid that something bad could have happened to him. Stardust still didn't know what to make of this, but she would continue to try. She had to.

SilmeriaElemred

''Are you alright?..'' He asked before he doubled over his hands on his chest. ''I... feel it... it is... scared'' blood dripped from his nose. ''It just wont... let go...'' he released an agonising grunt.

True, the thing he had in him was strong but his body would not be damaged to much.

''It is alright...many tried.'' he wiped his nose.

Ethereal-Star

"Never mind me. Are you alright?" Stardust was much more concerned with the man before her, as she had more protections surrounding her than he did at the moment, placing his safety above hers in importance. Although the five minutes were almost up, the protections were already starting to dwindle in their effectiveness.

Seeing his bloody nose and hearing his agonized grunts, she trotted back over to him and said to him, "Please, allow me to heal that for you. It is of no trouble." Her horn already began to glow with the healing magics contained within it.

"I will have to return home to try and figure out what the problem could have been. However do not despair, I will be back tomorrow on the morn. I give you my word as a unicorn that I shall." And Stardust had every intent to do exactly that, the virtuous and noble unicorn that she is. "Hopefully I will return with favorable news as well. Either way, I will be here tomorrow when the sun rises, just look for me here in this same spot. I will not let you down."

While Stardust would no doubt, hold up her end of the bargain, she had no idea as to the nefarious plans of the very one she was trying to help. The elf before her was really good at covering up his true colors, and when the time came for him to reveal himself as to what he actually was and wanted from her, Stardust would be in quite the predicament, that was for certain. That time was drawing ever so closer with each minute that passed.

SilmeriaElemred

''I... I thank you.'' Erian spoke. ''I would not blame you however if you bail... everyone else did. But... I will wait for you.'' he assured her.

''In the meantime I shall try to contain whatever is inside of me.''

Ethereal-Star

After healing him, the silver unicorn prepared to go back to her home plane of Kalona. Fading from sight, she ended up back at the temple, in order to peruse some heavy books that were on a shelf there. She browsed them all thoroughly, hoping to find something of use there. It would likely take her all night to do so. But Stardust didn't mind one bit. It was her duty after all to be of whatever aid she could.

SilmeriaElemred

'Erian that frikkin hurt.' a voice sounded in Erian's head.
'Likewise' Erian replied to the demon he spoke with.
'You truely think this is going to work? Just take a random unicorn or something.'
'A random one will not be good enough. Just let go tomorrow. You do your part, I do mine. You got your reward in advance for the most part.'
A deep sigh sounded in his head. 'Nothing is ever enough is it. You have mroe women that fit in your beds, various rare beasts and now this.' the voice and its source retreated.

Erian looked at the pond. If this all went well, he would have an addition to his collection. And Stardust would be his grand top piece.

He had planned this. Heard rumors and tales. And after searching he had finally found her and Gods she was a magnificent being.

Ethereal-Star

Blearily, Stardust closed the last book with a sigh. The books themselves were enchanted so her kind could browse them by simply expressing their desire, whether silently or aloud, the pages moving to do the rest. Yet there had been nothing she could find to indicate what the problem could have been. Still, the great unicorn refused to give up. Giving up was not her style. Not when it came to the life of someone who needed her help.

It was already morning out, birds chirped and a soft breeze blew, rustling some leaves outside in their multi-colored glory. In the twilight realm of Kalona, leaves could be found in any color, any time of the year. The same was true for the trees, flowers and animals that resided here too. Stardust was incredibly tired, yet she had made a promise. And she would uphold it, this promise taking precedence over her personal health and comfort level.

So with that in mind, she trudged onward, outside the temple before activating her Plane-Walking ability, to return back to the pond in the mortal plane. The silver unicorn looked around for the elven man, hoping he hadn't given up on her. She most certainly hadn't.

SilmeriaElemred

Erian was sleeping but away from the pond. He shivered and looked feverish and where he lay everything that had been alive was dead although in a less large radius then before. Other then feverish his body did look more healthy as it had taken in the life from around him. The animals were scared. A few had been to curious and lay dead and far decayed near him.

''Shh he is sleeping.'' Erian was not alone as a black shadow came out of him but still seemed attached. ''Nice excorsism. You dealt quite of a heavy blow. But I will not let go of this man. No. I have great plans for him. He already had dark magic since he was small and he controlled it. Not even using it. I thought it was a waste so I amplified it all.'' he said with a smile. The fiend had no real form but it was easy to say he was humanoid.

Ethereal-Star

When the black shadow appeared out of Erian's body, Stardust quickly enacted another divine spell, this time not just around her but around the whole area for a diameter of thirty feet. The shield of protection would also prevent the fiend from doing any kind of harm. At least while the spell lasted. Being tired, Stardust's energy was flagging and that included the strength of her magic so it may only last about half of what it did the last time. Two to three minutes or less. Any animals still alive within the sphere would also be safe during this time. However the silver unicorn of light told them to stay away from here, as danger was afoot. And they obliged and left the vicinity.

"You shall not have him. I will find a way to drive you out of him." Stardust held her head high, doing her best to be as prepared as she could for whatever else may occur.

SilmeriaElemred

The demon laughed. ''You are worn out already. I had not expected your strenght so I was a bit off guard last night but I would love to see you try. Fights between Light and Dark have been occuring since the universe started. Light may be able to cast away most of the darkness. But there is darkness that absorbs light as well. Let's make it a game. But I know this. Next time I will maybe give the man more then a nosebleed. I will not kill him of course. He is the prize. If you win he is yours. If I win, you're both mine. But I suppose I should let you rest for a bit. It is no fun if you try things at half strength. People or you could get hurt'' he have her a wave before fading again.

Ethereal-Star

Staring at where the shadowy fiend had been, Stardust regained her composure soon enough. Already the magics around the area were fading. In another minute they would be gone completely. Of course the unicorn would not play its game. Too much was at stake here, and everyone knew one did not ever trust a demon.

Stardust gazed at the sleeping man as he lay there resting, a temporary reprieve from his conscious worries. She cast another spell on him so that no nightmares would trouble him as he slept, a dreamless slumber he would have for the time being. While she would like to help him further, her tiredness was indeed catching up to her, and deciding there was nothing else to do at this time, Stardust allowed herself to sit down and close her eyes for a few moments.

Soon she was asleep too, her back slowly rising and falling as her energies slowly restored themselves back to full strength. Dreams of home soon permeated her consciousness, a peaceful expression on her silvery equine features.

SilmeriaElemred

Several hours after Stardust had her interaction with the demon, Erian woke up. He was tired but at the least the demon had its mouth shut. It was nice and all. Playing this game but the game was not free. Not his soul however. This demon wanted something else. But if it all worked the price was very much worth it.

He had slept without dreams which was something new to him and he figured that the silver unicorn was behind it. He sat up and closed his eyes again. Thinking of all the steps he now would have to take. He had never dealt with a being this pure before after all.

Tags: