Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Vessel's Plight [Heretic King]

Started by Jounin64, September 27, 2015, 06:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jounin64

Celeben sat upon a dock in a small village, along with him was a fox anthro who he had helped do odd jobs for the village. As travelers they were of no worth to the village, just temporary tools. He never learned the fox's real name, he only knows him by his alias Blaze.

Celeben stood up and stretched, then that migraine pulsated, that horrible migraine that warns Celeben Grimoire is going to speak to him. "I haven't had the soul of an anthro in a long time, bring it to me now." Grimoire's voice rings through Celeben's head then slowly fades along with the migraine.

Disappointed, hoping that he could've met a friend he knew at one point this was going to happen. Celeben pretends to slip and falls off the dock. He reaches out to Blaze coincidentally dragging him in too. There underwater Celeben snaps Blaze's neck and surfaces watching his soul go into his necklace. Celeben climbs back onto the dock and walks away like nothing happened.

Medievarad

Yet he couldn't just walk away. A massive man, clad in steel was stood infront of him as Celeben crawled out. A grey tattered cape. His arms folded. His face hidden by a steel mask. Several streaks of crimson blood decorated the armor. The man was surrounded by an aura of entropy. A practicioner of darker arts. Such as Celeben. The man took a step back, merely looking at Celeben.

"Intruiging.." The man's voice sounded deep, cold. And filled with some kind of darker, yet powerful authority. "Yet quick to betray.." He added, quirking his eyebrow behind the mask.

Jounin64

"Who...who are y-" Celeben stops short in his sentence grasping his head in pain.

"Tread carefully vessel this being is no mere mortal...it is closer to what I am than to a being of flesh and has the strength to even kill me."

The migraine fades leaving Celeben trembling. That was the first time ever that he heard fear in Grimoire's voice. He's always feared Grimoire, but now there's someone right in front of him who stronger.

Medievarad

"You needn't fear me. Yet." The heretic king declared. "You have a gift.. Bestowed upon you by none but the lady of grey herself." He stepped forward, the steel armor sheening with a dark green energy. "Kneel." Was what he stated. The aura of pure entropy surrounding him only intensifying. "State your name." It wasn't a request. They way he said it. It was a command. Filled with incredible amounts of authority. No was not an answer.

A very intruiging character. Limadan saw his trembling. So the man immediatly recognised Limadan as a force dtronger than him. It was wise. Yet unwise to show the fear.

Jounin64

Celeben immediately knelt before him. "My name is Celeben Lavan, I am a traveling rune maker and have explored many ruins for if you seek anything from the past I will most likely know which ruin holds it and the truth of its affect." 

Medievarad

"A runescribe? Most intruiging. And said soulless husk sinking to the bottom of the docks? Is this through one of your runes?" A slow huff resounded from Limadan. "This village soon will be razed to the ground. Follow me if you wish. Or die as a fool who did not show gratitude. The choice is yours. Submit to Harmaa and the lady of grey or perish." The heretic king turned around. Soon, one of the houses caught fire. Lighting up as a beacon in the middle of the small coastal village. Others soon followed. Loud cries and pleas heard. Screams of fear and pain as his spectral minions set the houses on fire and killed anyone who stood in the way of their attrition.

The heretic king took several steps over the docks. Turning around to see if Celeben had decided. To join or to perish in the flames of his heresy.

Jounin64

There really wasn't much of a choice for him, from being controlled by Grimoire for so long hes become numb to death. Deep down he hoped that this being could kill Grimoire, but then he'd just go from one sadistic master to another.

Celeben slowly stands. "I killed him with my hands, I have become very adept in stealth killing. My runes are normally used for summons and defense. I can make attack runes though, if you'd like I'll be your personal runescribe." 

Medievarad

"Come, brother." Limadan said, his voice growing slightly lighter in sound. It seemed even the hulking menace was able to feel emotions that resembled some form of joy. He held his hand out, a gesture the king only extended to those worthy of his time. Worthy of his attention and even worthy of his respect. "The lady of grey awaits." A house crashed down behind him, yet he seemed unphased. Tested by the fires of war time and time again.

Jounin64

Celeben reached out and shook his hand. "Lead and I'll follow." Just then a swarm of souls from the dead villagers started gathering within Celeben's necklace, feeling Grimoire's power increase.

Medievarad

He noticed the sudden influx of souls being gathered, pulling the man closer, grabbing his face and looking at the necklace for a brief second. "Hmm." He merely mused, before letting go of Celeben. It seemed that either this necklace was cursed. Or it was used as a catalyst to gather the souls. An intruiging little trinket.

He nodded slowly, letting go of his hand and turning around to walk away, through the blazing village.

Jounin64

Celeben followed Limaden cringing with every cluster of souls he took in. "So may I ask you my lord, what is the name you go by?"

Medievarad

"Limadan of Harmaa. The Heretic King." He looked back at Celeben. Noting the amulet was constantly absorbing souls. It would rather be a weakness to him. This man would absorb souls faster that he would. "Can you control that magick?" Limadan asked, a woman unning up to the two and collapsing at Limadan's feet with hysterical crying.

He looked at Celeben, kicking the woman off of him with the steel boot. Breaking her nose. "End her." He stated as he stepped over the sobbing woman.

Jounin64

"Not quite." Celeben responds while taking out a rune and summoning his rope dart. "I usually kill people one at a time so the souls don't enter all at once like this." He steps back and looks the woman in the eyes at he whips the top dart into her throat.

He pulls it out watching a fountain of blood pour out of her jugulars until her eyes glaze over. "Sorry, nothing personal." He says while stashing his rune and catching up with Limaden.

Medievarad

"Hm. Then we shall force it into submission." He merely stated, matter of factly. "I am not killing.. I am merely setting an exemple. The world shall know our name. Fear Harmaa once more." He said, hearing a cry of fear and pain, followed by a splurt of blood. Confirming the kill.

He glanced to his side, seeing Celeben at his side once more. "Finished?"

Jounin64

Now trailing right behind, Celeben responds. "Yes master Limaden the deed is done." The w floats into his necklace, feeling relived that it wasn't mixed with a cluster. "So master Limaden where are we heading."

Medievarad

"Where?" He chuckled slowly. "We're wandering. Seeking people that wish for the teachings of Harmaa." He said as he walked away from the razing village. "We will find others. After that, we'll be able to worry about a home."

Jounin64

"I normally sleep in inns or ruins. If you don't mind I would like to do some research in ruins that bared followers of Harmaa. I have only heard that word a few times in my studies and would like to know more about it."

Medievarad

"And soon. You will sleep upon the carcasses of your foes." He replied with a slow chuckle. "And ask your questions. You will swear an oath to the lady of grey when the time is right."

Jounin64

Celeben fidgets awkwardly at that first comment and he senses the mixed emotions Grimoire is sending about Limaden. "Well I do suppose you are an quite erudite source on this subject. So could you please explain to me what is the exact definition of Harmaa and who is the lady of grey." 

Medievarad

"The teachings of Harmaa presented to us by the lady of grey.." He glanced over his shoulder. "Your necklace is such a gift of her." He let out a slow sigh, trudging onwards. "These are clear. Attain power at any cost to serve her. Serve none else. And cut down any opposition in your way." He let out a slow, amused chuckle. "The lady of grey is a greater diety. Only seeking to feed on souls of the damned. She barely meddles in any of our affairs. Yet, the mistress accepts all souls gifted to her."