Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Vessel's Plight [Heretic King]

Started by Jounin64, September 27, 2015, 06:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jounin64

Celeben suddenly experiences an epiphany. "Then that means...The lady of gray and Grimoire are similar beings...which means Limaden is just a vessel...just like me" Celeben mutters to himself. He looks up to Limaden. "Just one more inquiry for now. Has the lady of gray ever been seen? And does she ever speak to you?"

Medievarad

He turned around to the murmur. He had heard that. "So.. This is another being that controls this?" He asked, stepping forward. "And no.. I am no vessel to the lady of grey.. Though I am her primary agent.." He nodded slowly. "Very infrequently.. Only those deservant have seen her."

He chuckled darkly. "I for one, saw her during my rebirth.. After I killed my predecessor.."

Jounin64

All the color drains from Celeben's face once he realizes that Limaden heard him. "U-uh yes there is, that is who owns my necklace. They also demand much more for if I disobey them I will explode." Celeben hopes revealing this information won't kill him, but he also hope that if Limaden was truly reborn, which would fill in some piecing pieces if he was. Then he could possibly be reborn without the curse.   

Medievarad

"I see." He said, the glove around his left arm loosenint and dropping to the floor. Revealing a completrly black and corrupted hand. Green cracks in it. Sharp fingerd that resepbled claws more than anything. And so you are subjugated by this creature. You have to dominate it to unlock your full power," He said, before turning around and grabbing Celeben's face with the corrupted hand.

"You have to give an exemple of whom is the strongest." He said, Grimoire would feel Limadan's full power and potential. A power that dwarfed the sentient curse, able to crush the being's power underfoot. "And that is me!"

Jounin64

"Gaaaah!!" Celeben screams like a banshee as he ascends upwards and breaks Limaden's grip. His coat slips off and his wrapping unfurl revealing glowing runes covering every inch of skin.

Eyes now glowing a murky purple, Celeben speaks with a much different voice. "Fool! You gave me power, you cannot take my vessel away!" Grimoire demonstrates this by combusting the ground beneath him.

Medievarad

Limadan stepped back, snarling slowly. "So you decided to show your nature. I am not interedted in your vessel.." Limaean grinned underneath his mask, the flames licking at his feet. Yet, he didn't seem to mind. The green runes on his armor radiating brightly and warding the fire off. "I am interested in you. Created by the lady of grey."

He folded his arms. "All I ask is your loyality. You have seen my power and currently, it dwarfs yours."

Jounin64

"Know your place agent I wold rank higher than you if I still affiliated with her." Grimoire slowly floats down until his feet land amongst unscorched lands. Not wanting to admit that his power isn't strong enough to defeat he decides to negotiate.

"I cannot hold this form for much longer, but I will align with you if you show me your worth. There are three enemies I want eliminated. Morgaul a beast that lurks under the murky seas of the Serendipity coast, Ninring an elder dragon in the Thunderblacks, and Issomir an ettin demi-god in the tundra. You are the closest to Morgaul so I want it dead first. Do we have a deal?"

Medievarad

A dry huff resounded form this so called agent. Followed by a slow chuckle that transitioned into a manical laughter. "Agent?! Higher?! I am the Vanguard! Under my banner, the army of grey gathers!" His voice sounded coated in anger, green chains bursting from the corrupted left hand, slowly swaying and defying gravity.

"You are nothing! You do not allow to command me. This negotiation went as far as me offering to not take your power and being right now!" The green, ethereal chains seemed to grow thicker and longer. "So, I ask again. Do I have your loyality? Are you willing to honor your creator's way and follow the Vanguard?"

Jounin64

Grimoire crosses his arms. "I pledge my full allegiance only if you kills those monsters. They're targets for your master too, so it's a win win scenario, only a fool would turn it down." 

Medievarad

The Heretic King merely shook his head. "My mistress would ask this of me. And not send an infidel to tell me." Yet he smirked underneath his mask. "However. I and I alone will kill these creatures and reap their souls for myself and for the lady of grey."

Jounin64

Grimoire gives a small smirk. "Then we are rivals in the hunt. Once all three souls are reaped the loser shall be cursed with whatever the winner pleases. We cannot attack each other, but civilians are fair play." Grimoire chuckles "Civilians are so fair play."

Medievarad

Limadan merely snarled in response. "What are the terms of victory or defeat?"

Jounin64

Gromoire sighs. "I already explained this, but then again a brute must listen twice. Whoever is the victor can curse the other with whatever they please. Whoever is defeated must bare that curse."

He conjures a contract and quill. "So do we have a deal?"

Medievarad

"If you weren't the self-centered sack of shit you are, you would have understood my question." Limadan merely sighed, not even going to the extent or trouble of explaining the question. It was simple. There were three souls. Was it the one who got all three? The most souls? The first soul?

Green chains shot from the ground, circling around Grimoire and aiming to pull him down to the ground. "I have no time for weaklings such as you or your vessel," he sighed slowly, "you have lost my interest. Celeben. I advice you to kill yourself as soon as you can. This powerless filth will try and occupy your mind." He merely said as he turned around, the chains slowly dissipating again. Limadan merely walked away.

Jounin64

Grimoire only chuckled. "Tsk tsk, almighty hand of the lady in gray. It looks like this deal is going no where and my time is up." Celeben's eyes returned to normal and he collapses on his knees.  Faintly looking up he sees Limaden walking way. "Wait!" 

Medievarad

"Consider yourself lucky time has ran out." He merely answered, trudging onwards.

Yet Celeben's plea made him stop in his tracks. "Do you think you can subjugate him?" His question was simple. Yes would allow Limadan to have a powerful ally at his side. No would mean eliminiation and a less powerful ghastly addition to his army.

Jounin64

Celeben clenched his fists feeling the searing pain of his runes. Gulping before answering he says. "I can subjugate him with enough willpower." This was a shot in the dark. Celeben had no idea if he could but dying from that would certainly be a lot less likely then dying from saying no to Limaden.

Medievarad

"Good. Rise." He merely said, before walking onwards. "In time, we shall see if your words are true. If not, you will become part of my spectral army." He stated rather bluntly.

Jounin64

Celeben slowly stands nodding. He runs up to Limaden seeming to be back to square one with him. "So I acknowledge your intention is to spread the word of the lady in gray, but may I inquire that we should have distinct areas to works towards. We will discover higher masses with a plan."

Medievarad

"Hm. Do share your plans." He looked back at Celeben as he trudged onwards, a sickening aura of entropy still surrounding the enourmous man.