Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Two fugititives

Started by Jelenis Tythe, October 17, 2015, 01:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jelenis Tythe

They emerged out into the sunlight and Talan felt like it almost blinded him after the gloom and darkness of the sewers.  They must stink to high heaven too which would keep people away from them for now.  At some point though he would want a bath and some clothes more appropriate to their endeavour.

"So what now?" He said to the Feari.

"We need money, I need clothes, and we need weapons...well I need a weapon at least."

People bustled all about them on their business, shopping in the market, touting drinks, touting prostitutes.  The scent of food was amazing, so many different types.

JackieCat

"I ssshall procure sssome money," the Feari said, shrugging off the cloak it had been wearing.  Then it dashed off.  The Feari ran to the nearest building and scaled it as easily as if it had been a ladder.  Once on top of the roof it looked down, scanning the street. Seeing where it needed to go, it ran along the top of the buildings, leaping from one to the other until it was parallel with the stand.  The stand was a jewelry sellers. The seller wore fine clothes and a fat pouch hung from his belt.  The Feari climbed headfirst down the side of teh building and crept up behind the man.

It deftly untied the pouch from the man's belt and then, gripping the purse in its tail, climbed back up the building.  It went back over to Talan and held out the bag.

"There you go," it hissed. "Now, you need sssome thingsss?"
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Jelenis Tythe

Talan grinned.

"Gods you are good at that!"

He took the pouch and looked inside, there were enough coins to get him supplied and clothing for the desert as well as getting them both some food.

"What would I need to traverse the desert....waterskins and such the like?"

JackieCat

The Feari shook it head. "I do not know," it said. "I do now know the needsss of humansss well, you ssshould asssk a generl ssstore keeper."

The Feari had only left Essyrn a few times, and while it could get across the desert without supplies, it knew human's needed things to bring with them.  Food, water, and such.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Jelenis Tythe

"General Merchant....you are right of course..." Talan said softly and looked about.

He headed down the street some ways and came across a shop with all manner of items outside.

"Stay here, out of sight." He said to the Feari.

Talan stepped inside the cavernous gloom of the shop and found the shopkeeper snoozing on a rug.

"Ho there...wake....I have coin to spend." He said imperiously.

The man jumped like a jack rabbit as he was addressed and he looked Talan up and down suspiciously.

"You like more like a slave than a man with coin!" He said stroking his beard.

Talan drew himself up and slammed the purse down.

"How I choose to dress and look is none of your concern....my coin however is....I am making a trip across the desert...I need supplies, either you will provide them or I will find a merchant that is more accommodating!"

JackieCat

The Feari nodded when Talan told it to hide.  It was a good idea, after all, Feari were generally frowned upon.  The Feari climbed up the sided of the building that Talan had went into and crouched on the roof, out of sight, but looking down so it could see when Talan came out.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Jelenis Tythe

Talan came out a short while later kitted in clothing more suited to desert travel making him look more like a nomad than a slave.  He carried empty waterskins and a pack of supplies, he glanced about to see if he could see the Feari, he knew it was about somewhere, that much he could feel, its eyes on him as he stood there looking about.

He was a step closer to seeking his lover out, he wondered what their reunion might be like, he knew what he hoped it would be like.  Hours spent it cool tumbled sheets seeking pleasure together as only they knew how.  He grinned to himself...now there was only a desert and some rogue called Threem between them.

JackieCat

The Feari leaped down from the building, landing next to Talan in a low crouch.  "We need water," it sad. "There isss a well not far from here."

It started away in the direction of the well.  The Feari knew almost every part of Essyrn, it had lived there its whole life, and, as it had no specific home, it had wandered the streets its whole life, a very effective way to memorize any place.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Jelenis Tythe

Talan nodded and pulled the hood up over his head to cover his face, and he followed the Feari towards the well.  They soon reached it and Talan filled the three waterskins to the brim and then drank long and deep himself.

"What food do you eat?" He asked the creature.

"I need to buy food for me and for you."

Jelenis Tythe

Talan waited and when the Feari did not answer he shrugged and started to walk away towards the nearest food outlet.

"Fine....no food for you." He said softly.

"However I am starving and I want to eat and buy some dried meat and fruit for the trip I will make across the desert."

The first stall he came to sold bread and cheese and he bought some of each and hunkered down by a wall and tore into the bread and took bites of the tangy cheese.

"Oh by the gods this tastes so good!" He said tearing more bread off.

Jelenis Tythe

The Feari had left him, so be it, the creature gave him the creeps anyway and it was obvious it had used him to escape the Colosseum. He should never have trusted the creature and should have done things his way.

He had everything he needed so now he would start the trek across the desert towards Adela to find Goldeneyes.

JackieCat

(OOC: Sorry about the long wait!)

The Feari, had, in fact, left Talan for the moment, it rushed off into the crowds as the human went to get some food.  The Feari was hungry, yes, it hadn't eaten in three weeks, but it knew that whatever the man was getting probably wouldn't fill it up.  So it went to its favorite spot to catch rats, and after fifteen minutes the Feai was full.  It was an excellent hunter, the rats didn't stand a chance.

Then it made it's way back to Talan.  It went to the spot where it had left him and followed his scent until it came to him.

"Are you ready?" it hissed. "Sssorry for leaving without a warning, but I went to get sssomething to eat."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Jelenis Tythe

Talan almost jumped out of his skin as the creature showed back up.

"By the Gods!" He cursed as he heard the hiss behind him.

"Yes I am ready I was about to leave without you!"

JackieCat

The Feari shook its head. "I would not leave you," it hissed. "Not when you are going to sssave one you love." The Feari looked away from Talan, embarrassed, almost, and its tone softened. "I do not know what love isss, exactly, but I would like to help you find your Goldeneyed one."

The Feari looked up then. "Besssidesss," it hissed, its voice back to normal, "you will need my help getting acrossss the desssert, I know the way, and there are many beassstsss that even with your magic you may not be able to fight alone."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Jelenis Tythe

Talan grinned at the hissed response.

"Why...that could be considered as caring about me almost!" He teased.

"Though you have not seen the full extent of my power yet Fea!" He said shortening the creature's name.

His mind drifted momentarily to Goldeneyes and what his poor love might be undergoing as they spoke.

"C'mon, let's go..tell me about these deserts beasts as we walk!"

JackieCat

"There are many," the Feari hissed, ignoring the first comment. "Many I do not even know about, but there are the sssand wolverinesss.  They are jusst huge wolverinesss.  They are exsstremely ssstrong and pain-resssissstant.  Then there are the Fire Wormsss. . ."

The Feari continued, telling Talan about many of the monsters it knew of.  Some were very dangerous, others, more often seen as prey than as predator.  As they walked through the city, the Feari got many a strange, and fearful, glance, but it ignored them.  It was used to being shunned.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Jelenis Tythe

These monsters did not sound so bad....and Fire Worms.....well he could be on equal terms with those.

He pulled out an apple and bit into it savouring the sweet juice, he had not eaten an apple in a long time.

"So you have spent much time in the desert then....when you are not being caught and forced to fight." He asked quietly.

JackieCat

"I have not ssspent a lot of time there, not like sssome of the adventurersss and caravansss, but I have traveled acrosss it a few timesss, but only a few," the Feari hissed. "And I have only been caught to fight four timesss in my ssseventeen yearsss, essscaping before I've even had to fight.  Excsssept for the firssst time.  Then, I fought, and won, easssily, but then I found a way to essscape and it hasss worked ever sssince."

The Feari shook its head. "You would think that after the firssst two timesss they would learn and guard that way out, but they are ssstupid, thankfully, and I hope that if I am ever captured again, that sssame essscape will work then asss well."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Jelenis Tythe

Talan shook his head.

"Don't bank on it....with two of us going they are going to seal that place up up tighter than a merchant's purse string!"

He ambled along eating the apple and wondering what Adela might be like...what would he find there? Would he be able to free Goldeneyes?

"So you ever been to Adela then?

JackieCat

"I have," the Feari said. "Though sssometimesss jussst passsing through.

"It isss much greener than it isss here, there are treesss and grasss and more water than here.  There are lakesss and sssmaller ssstreamsss, not jussst one large river.  I forget, did you sssay you had never left Esssyrn?  Or have you traveled?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor