Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Put Up Your Dukes! [M]

Started by visualspice, November 06, 2015, 12:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She was right on most accounts, but the riders had returned, the pair of them blocking her from getting back to Duke Arrant's keep.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Curse the damn mordecai.

Winifred looked over her shoulder at him and since she couldn't go forward the least she could do was protect what last moments she could of her... Not Friend. A dark look covered her features and she stood there in her nightgown and the borrowed fancy housecoat. "How may I help you, Gentlemen?" She spoke loudly - perhaps too loudly - and did her best not to look as scared as she felt.

visualspice

"Seems to me you're in the wrong place, miss," one of the men said with a sneer. "And are an unlucky bitch." The man drew out his crossbow, which he was beginning to load.  He aimed it at her. "You should have stayed inside."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Winifred nodded, "yeah, it looks that way. Do you intend to shoot or just wave it at me?" She smiled again, lifting her eyebrows up, "cant say if this will make my week worse but we can see."

visualspice

"Who are you?" the man demanded, keeping a firm grip on his weapon and his eyes never once left her form.

Draconian

Winifred frowned, "what do you care? Youre going to kill me anyway." A sneer and she moved closer, arms open, an annoyed look on her face.  "Who are you? Maybe then you'll get an answer."

visualspice

The man she addressed sneered. But he knew not knowing her identity could hurt their mission here.

"Leave her," the other man growled. "The Duke's as good as dead, and she'll have no where to hide come morning." And with a kick to his horse's side, the pair took off into the woods.

Draconian

"Its already morning, you idiot," she sneered, back straight, shoulders thrown back to make herself look bigger. Scarier. Bravado. Though the instant they were out of sight she collasped down beside Lief, breath coming out quickly.

"Why do you have to be a mordecai?" She whispered accusingly. She ripped at the hole the stab had left, gone to the hem of her night gown and ripped off a chunk of it to mop up the blood. She didnt have any tools.

"Help!" Winifred called, looking at the wound. All the blood. They must have hit a vein. She could fix that. She'd never done it blind before but... "you can't die. Not now. Please. Please?" Another glance around, more pressure on the wound, "Help! The duke is hurt!" The sound of feet and Winifred pointed to the maid that rushed out.

"You! Go to my room and fetch my bag, it should have everything i need," and the girl rushed off and Winifred could only stare at the pale man on the grass. Stare and watch as his blood stained her skin.

visualspice

A few more burlier servants appeared on sight, and were completely baffled by what they saw.
"I thought Duke Arrant was in his study!"

The other shook his head. "We can't tend to him here! We must get him inside!"

"I'll go fetch a plank of wood. There's a few in the barn." And the man rushed off, just as one of the women came back with Winifred's purse.

"Here," she panted, handing over the leather parcel. "Your.. your bag, my lady."

Draconian

Winifreds fingers were slippery with blood, shaking her head.

"Theres no time, I have to stop the bleeding," heart pounding she took various metal tools from her bag. Her magic lent her a much clearer image of how the body worked. It wasnt working now of course, but she'd been a doctor and healer for so long...

This was much worse than yesterday.

"Please," she breathed, "Leif," her voice was steady and she gave a relieved sigh when the men came rushing back. Maybe there was time. The servants moved the Duke onto the plank.

"I need him in the brightest room," she commanded and she put her slippery bloody tools away and rushed after them.

Things were situated, but he was going cold. The wound was still bleeding. Threading a needle she got cloths to soak up the blood, made the poor shaky pale made use metal tools to hold open the wound.

Winifred worked quietly and carefully stitching uo the hurts. It was enchanted. To promote healing and stave off infection but would it work? Would it even work? The final draw of stitching was down and Winifred covered the ragged looking wound.

His heart was still beating but it was slow. His flesh was cold and clammy. Winifred sat back, hands still wet, resting them on her legs. He could still pass. Without her magic to help him he could still pass. Go to his wife. Winifred took a careful little breath and wiped at her eyes with her forearm before going and quickly cleaning her hands.

"We should get him somewhere comfortable. I dont know if i was fast enough," because hes a damn mordecai. Why did he have to be a mordecai? The burley servants picked up the plank of wood gently and brought the duke to the nearest bedroom - she wasnt sure which, she just followed and placing him on the bed she watched him for a time. Listening to his breathing before she fell asleep, seated on a chair but her head and arms on the pillow beside his head.

visualspice

The day came and went, the castle unnaturally quiet. Despite their Duke's status of not being entirely loved by, well, just about anyone, it still felt as if there was a sense of mourning cast over all. But even when checked, the Duke did not stir. But he wasn't dead, that much was clear- and although his breathing was shallow, his skin felt hot, with fever.

Draconian

Winifred stayed by his side after she woke up, snapping up, eyes wide.

Her hand went to his forehead and she frowned at his fever. Wetting a cloth she went about bathing his neck and upper chest of sweat, leaving one on his forehead. Winifred fell asleep again beside him, waking up to check his temperature and cool the cloth down again. Check his wound for infection.

It was a few hours later that she began to hum the lullaby she and her sister knew. A gentle Adelan one. Winifred felt home sick. She wanted her sister. She wanted to meet her nephew.

"Please Mordecai," She whispered, cupping his cheek and smoothing her finger over his temple, "I can't do this alone."

visualspice

He trembled in his feverish state, waning in and out of consciousness. Most of what he mumbled was incomprehensible, but after a time, the words seemed to become more clear.

"Valentina.." he struggled, fitful as he sweat. "Valentina... Don't leave." He groaned, still delirious in his fit. "Please.. Valentina, I love you. Be safe..." He groaned. "Please... come home."

And tears rolled down his cheeks slowly, softly, subtly, as they bled into his sweat.

Draconian

Winifred sighed, looking pained. Her hand didnt move, stroking his cheek and temple. Changing the cloth to try and bring down the fever. Valentina. It was a beautiful name.

What made her leave? A sympathetic look to the man and she strokes her thumb along his temple, sighing gently. A few moments passed and Winifred wishing the same. She wanted his wife to come back. Take care of her husband.

"Fever dreams are always the worst," she said softly, " I'm sorry i cant fix you."

visualspice

"Never be sorry," he croaked through another dream.

Draconian

Winifred froze, blinking at him.

"I can be sorry for this," she whispered, shaking her head. Usually she left family members to stay with the fevered patients. All she needed to do was wait for the fever to break. Should she tell the servants to prepare a cold bath? A little while longer. If no change...  then. Cool bath.

visualspice

It seemed the Duke would not awake, and suffered more shivering spells. Though still heated, he appeared to be reacting as if he were cold, and his sleep- ever more fitful, with more grunts and groans and agonizing murmurs of the past, and fears yet to come.

Draconian

As the day grew on, Winifted grew worried and irate.

"Prepare a bath," she ordered, dont heat the water. Winifred went about stripping the duke - it wouldnt be worth getting his clothes wet. The tub was brought in and with the help of a servant they lowered Leif into the tub, Winifred behind him.

The water was a shock , a little colder than room temperature. And while the duke was naked - she'd ordered the other servants out - she was full dressed, still in the night gown. Just a few minutes of this. Then back in the bed.

visualspice

The water was cool enough that after a few moments soak, it was at room temperature, and so felt him. His breathing still remained, but his heart beat was strong. It seemed, for now, the fever had subsided.

Draconian

Winifred kept him in the water a few moments longer and she gently removed him from the tub. Anger helping her move the man to his bed where she dried him off and tuckes him in and it was irritation that led her to rifle through his closet to find a plain shirt and a loose pair of pants.

Hair fluffed up and damn, Fred waited, seated beside the bed. Irritated. Afraid. She wasnt about to let the person who saved her die or fall even more ill.