Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Put Up Your Dukes! [M]

Started by visualspice, November 06, 2015, 12:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

It hurt to open his eyes and his voice was raspy and barely there as he groaned. The world was dark. Or was he blind? Either way, any movement made shot pain throughout his entire body, which was soon followed by an attempt to sit up and a guttural groan.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

A cool hand pressed against his chest and she did her best to keep her voice soft and soothing. "Don't move, you've been hurt," Winifred pressed the back of her hand to his cheek to check his temperature before she smoothed a hand through his hair, "can you talk? You've had a bad fever, I've been doing my best to helo you be comfortable."

visualspice

His lips cracked into a snarl.
"A fever?" It felt far worse than that.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Winifred sighed and tilted her head.

"You were also wounded, quite badly," The words 'you're lucky to be alive' lingered on her tongue but she resisted. He wouldn't think so, she imagined, and it would just raise his ire. The man was already angry enough at a base level, no doubt anymore anger would just give him another fever or make his wounds bleed anew.

"Men on horses. They chased you here and left you for dead," She tilted her head, "Another scar to add to your collection." She licked her lips and pushed her hair from his face, shoulders slumped, "But you're awake and that's good news, are you thirsty? "

visualspice

Leif groaned through cracked lips before barring his teeth like an angered dog. Were he still not in such a state, it was clear he'd be after those men that did this. He moved, but soon bawked at the wounds and doubled over. He saw the patch work and swallowed back a growl. But the man was still seething.

"Attacked.." he repeated the words dryly as he closed his eyes. His mind flashed back to it. His hands tightened into fists.
But after a moment, he opened his eyes and turned to her- and despite the anger there, he spat out his concern.
"You... They didn't harm you, did they?" his gaze remained fixed on her, hardening into an almost lethal stare.

Draconian

A moment to open her mouth. Perhaps to explain how or whom attacked - or explain that she knew nothing. Had only been a bystander. No doubt they would have thought he'd bleed out before a doctor could attend to him. No doubt they'd expect news of Leif's death any day now. Would they be disappointed, she wondered.  The game of politics was dangerous, it seemed and Winifred reached forward to shush him and try to help him relax because moving was bad right now and...

His concern caught her off guard and she blinked at him with wide gold eyes.

"I... Me?" She pointed to herself, dumb founded. Of course he'd been concerned. She was here, wasn't she? Winifred chewed on her lower lip, not sure how to react to this. Not sure how to reply to his vocal concern. "I'm fine," She finally said, trying not to smile at least a little at how angrily he'd displayed his concern.

"I only got there in time for them to threaten me," She said simply, "I wouldn't be able to describe them to you, they were in front of the rising sun, it was quite bright." Winifred reached and grabbed a cup of water sitting on the bedside table and held it out to him, "Sip. I don't want you getting sick, it wouldn't feel nice and I don't think you want vomit on your blankets."

visualspice

Leif scowled and snatched the drink away, spilling some as he drank it before coughing over it. His throat was so dry, it was hard to get the water down. But after his spell, he tried again and finished the entire glass. Wincing, because even that short movement took a toll on him, he grimaced as he looked down at the bandages.

"Looks like they were going in for the kill."
And it would have worked. His eyes shifted to Winnie's.

"I take it you were my doctor."

Draconian

Clearly this man did things just to be a pain. All she did when he started to cough was sit back and fold her arms over her chest, giving him a smug, unamused look. Winifred gave a small nod when he made his claim that they had been trying to kill him. No doubt.

"Yes," She said, looking back at the bandage, "of course." A simple eyebrow raised, "I was a fine doctor before I wore a dress. Did you ever doubt my ability?"

visualspice

He looked at her with a bit of a scowl, but it was more out of irritation from the pain than her jab.
"It feels like you stitched me up with iron thread." the pain was pretty intense.

Draconian

Winifred gave a few small nods and tilted her head, giving him a slow blink.

"You do recall moving rather vigorously just now," She motioned to the glass, now empty. "But, I suppose, if you want me to take out the stitches I can." She licked her lips, rolled her shoulders and moved to stand up, "I just need to get some scissors and something to grab the thread with." She smiled then, reaching over to gently pat his arm, "You can stitch yourself up, clearly you do very clean work." The sarcasm was heavy, but the teasing smile on her face helped the lighten it.

visualspice

He had this instinct to want to punch her. But with held it. It wouldn't do either any good. She was being annoying-
Like a sister.
Which reminded him of his older sister and....
He wondered.. had he done the right thing with Attie? He sent her away, to be with a priest against mages no less, to someone working with the very people who had tortured her.... for safe keeping. He hated the idea of it but even he knew how close Attie and Merrick had been.

At least now she had the option to find her own freedom. but what of he?
And his stare, Fred might notice, grew rather serious and distant.

Draconian

Winifred noticed.

An unconscious, wholly feminine movement, Winifred went to tuck her hair behind her ear. A brief look of betrayal at her hand and a gentle frown to Leif. She found that she disliked how this man knew she was... A she. Winifred had never been a woman before. Not really. Never felt like one. This man made her conscious of that fact. Made her aware of the fact that she was... Entirely a woman.

It disturbed her that she was attracted to him.

Not because he was unattractive, but because she'd managed to go through her whole life without wanting to...

"Probably the dress," She muttered to herself, looking away. Then she looked back to Leif and she tilted her head, looking concerned.

"I'm not actually going to pull out the stitches, but Leif, you really shouldn't move too much. The stitches will just feel worse or they could rip," Winifred sighed, "If you weren't a mordecai I could have healed you in one go, but... You are so, you get stitches."

visualspice

He snorted.
"And you intend for me to just sit around?"

Draconian

Winifred looked confused.

"Yes. Actually, I do," her tone was no nonsense and she wished she was wearing a suit. People always took her more seriously in a suit. "We can bring any paperwork you need to do to you. At the very least don't move around much."

visualspice

She obviously didn't know him too well.
"Whoever it was that did this... they can't know I've suffered so harshly." He moved, grunting, as if going to stand. "I will not lay around idly and let them think they've won." Though winning, naturally, would have been to succeed in killing him. No, he'd rather get right up and let these men know he wasn't so easy to kill.

Draconian

Winifred frowned deeply and didnt hide rolling her eyes.

"You were stabbed and left for dead, Leif." She repeated, before she crossed her arms over her chest, "you being alive at all will be unexpected. Can't you just rest? Please?"

visualspice

He just glared at her and gave a cold, "No." And there he was, standing up and hobbling towards the door.

Draconian

Winifred's mouth hung open.

Did he just say no?

To her?!

Winifred stood up, moving in front of him, shoulders back. Chin out. "You're free to do whatever you like if you can move me. Without grunting."

visualspice

He cut her a glare, baring his teeth, which flashed white behind curling lips.
"Move aside."

Draconian

There was a moment and Winifred flashed her teeth back, chin up and glaring her golden glare. "Make me."