Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Put Up Your Dukes! [M]

Started by visualspice, November 06, 2015, 12:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

He just continued his cold stare and attempted to shove clean past her. His shoudle rmight not have been injured, even if the rest of him wasn't. And he was no weak fool-
Perhaps a fool to challenge his injuries, but weak? He felt that was a state of mind. And he managed, at least to get to the door and grab the handle- swallowing back pain as the wounds protested at his every step.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

"What are you trying to prove?" Winifred growled, grabbing his wrist, "you're not even dressed, Leif. You... what. Plan on knocking on doors? Sending an angry letter? Two days of bedrest. Thats all I ask. Not as... some woman in your house but as someone who masquaraded as a man to be an actual doctor." Winifred shifted slightly to move in front of him, "you'll do more harm than good with the state you're in."

visualspice

His eyes cut her like a sword.
"You know not my enemies." Two days... they'd know it would take that long but if he were back on his feet just a day after the mortal attempts.... It would have his enemies second guessing just who, and what they were dealing with. After all, it was done in secret, and there was much power in a whisper.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Winifred sighed before taking a side step.

"Just... come to me every night. Please. " then she frowned,  flushing, "so that I can check on your wounds. I mean."

visualspice

Leif paused, tensing before casting her a glare.
"I'm not leaving this place," he seethed and looked back down the hall. "I am to be present, be active; but I'm not about to instigate them with unnecessary jabs." Just surviving was enough, and he did have work to  do- work he could at least do at home.
"Maybe that will make you less ill at ease." And he moved down the hall, towards his study.

Draconian

A sigh of relief.

"Good to know you aren't a complete idiot," Winifred muttered under her breath. On the cusp of loud enough to hear but quiet enough to be not quite sure if those were the words. Winifred watched him, shaking her head.

Man had a death wish. 

"That makes me much less worried of you ripping yourself open, yes." A bright smile and Winifred moved down the hall with him, keeping an eye on him. She supposed if he could pretend to be fine long enough to make it down the hall way then he could pretend to be fune enough to work.

"Do you always work in such a state of dress?"

visualspice

"Does it matter my state?" he grumbled, but he was wearing not much but his patches. "I can call for a servant. Simple clothing." he wasn't dumb enough to desire irritating his wounds.

Draconian

Winifred smirked.

"Just checking. Seems scandelous for a man to wander around shirtless." She watched his back, perhaps a little inappropriately enchanted by the way his muscled played on his back.

visualspice

He cut her a look.
"Seems scandalous for a woman to pretend to be a man."
A low jab, but even his ego felt injured, vulnerable.

Draconian

Winifred grinned wide and moved to walk beside Lief and give him a sidelong look. "I suppose we both have secret identities," she said softly, smile fading away, "though it seems I'm stuck in mine."

visualspice

Leif internally shivered at her remark. Not many knew about his mask. He kept his eyes averted.
"And I might never dawn mine again."

Draconian

Winifred had made sure that, at least the halls were clear before her comment, but she watched his face, curious. Perhaps angry. If he hadn't appeared, that night probably would have gone much more different and she took a deep breath before she gave a small nod. "Want to trade places?" She finally asked, meaning it in jest out loud but... Deep down, she'd give anything to go back to her little clinic. Pretend to be a man. Help the sick and the poor. The wounded.

visualspice

"You wouldn't know how to rule a duchy," he growled.

Draconian

The growl, for some reason, made her grin. Winifred decided that anger was a good emotion. It meant he wasn't apathetic, which would be dangerous to anyone. She herself was desperately trying to keep herself from being so, and if that meant being a bit of an antagonist... Well, her new friend would just have to suffer for it... Until he found out at least.

"I'm sure I could learn," A tilt of her head, "I know a lot about medicine, so, I'm hardly stupid. Didn't you see my library? You think there was a book in there I hadn't read?" Winifred smiled before it melted into a frown and she looked down and away, "I'm going to miss my library. Do you have one? I could probably just live in there if you did."

visualspice

"I do, and maybe you should," came his graveled reply.

Draconian

Winifred brightened, "You do? That's wonderful news, Lief." A look around, "You're doing well enough," She nodded to his wound, "We should get you drunk more, you're a little nicer full of alcohol, I think."

visualspice

He stopped, turned, and glared at her.
"My disposition has nothing to do with alcohol, or even your presence here." He gave her a look over before it appeared as if he was silently snorting at just her presence alone. She needed to know that. He was this way ever since he chose to be...
And despite the fact it was mostly to spite his own father and his father was now dead....
Some habits were hard ones to kill.

Draconian

Winifred met the glare head on, watching his face turn.

"So you're always a grump," Winifred gave a few nods, before smiling, "That's good. I'd be terribly bored if you eventually lightened up." A nod to the hallway, "Show me your study, Lief, I'm interested in seeing where you work." She looked to his scars after a moment, "And have you ever read up on any medicine, you have fairly good sewing work for doing it yourself."

visualspice

"Who said I worked in a study? Maybe I find peace and concentration in the family grave," was his cold reply, but even still, he continued to guide her, not too many more doors down before he walked into a broad room with two stories within, the second leading up to a library, one that began on the first floor walls and continued to the second. There were narrow, mahogany stair ways that lead to various sections. And the room itself, was warmly lit.

Draconian

Was that a job?

Winifred wasn't sure if that was a joke but she lifted both eyebrows and looked at Leif with surprise. Maybe a joke? Finally, when they were in study, golden eyes looked up with wonder and she did a quick twirl to take in everything. A surprised look to her patron and she blinked at him with wide eyes. Why did he ever want to leave this room? It was amazing.

"Well," Winifred said softly, wonder still on her face, "I'm jealous. May I come in here without you? To raid your library?"