Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Put Up Your Dukes! [M]

Started by visualspice, November 06, 2015, 12:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Leif stared at her, hard. It wasn't that they weren't unaware that this could happen, but before they were treading water.. and simply waiting to see.

"So you're showing signs of a potential pregnancy." He set his jaw and mused over the presented information carefully. "You'd only be under a month along." Still eight more months to go.. and she wouldn't be showing for another two or three months easily. Unless she was unfortunate enough to have twins.

He regarded her as she stood.

"So why are you just standing there?" Was that all she really wanted to say? That was a huge rock to swallow, and at the moment, what else much could he say? She was only here because of this possibility. At least their time butting heads was not in vein.

"You should sit down and we should talk."
Because if what she said was true, this wasn't something that could just be dismissed.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Winifred gave pause.

A glance over her shoulder to Leif and she sighed heavily, weary already, before she returned to the table to sit down. "What is there to talk about?" She whispered, very much wanting to just push everything away and not deal with the situation at hand.

visualspice

Leif kept his glare hard, his eyes never leaving hers.
"For starters, our situation is less than ideal and the proposed facade may have to become an expedited reality."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Winifred closed her eyes and rested her hands on her hips. There was too much to think about. Too much to process. Currently, the only comfort she had was the fact she had pants on and if it weren't for her damnable breasts she'd look every part a beautiful man.

"I appreciate your help in all this, truly." Did she though? As Leif kept eye contact, Fred didn't waver. What possibly should have been intimidating felt comfortable. A lifeline. Here was the only other person in the whole world that knew. Maybe he didn't want to be a rock, but Fred was grasping at every metaphorical clump of grass and rock she could wrap her fingers around.

"In the end, no matter what, I'll be able to take care of myself. I've done so this long. Have a child. Go back. Be..." Fred sighed, looking down at herself. Tears of anger and anxiety welled up in her eyes and she moved her hands from her hips to her head, fingers pushing through the combed back hair. "My Lord," Fred said, moving a hand as if to rest on his shoulder before pulling it back and letting it drop to her side, "I am yours to command and you're my patient. So, let's check on your wound, off with the shirt."

visualspice

If Leif flinched at any of those ideas, he didn't show it. In fact, if anything, as the discussion continued, he just appeared to grow more annoyed.
"You need to be so thorough of a doctor?"
Was it a gripe? Perhaps, but he was tired, irritable- But then again, when was he not? He had a lot on his plate...

However, he knew this man- woman- long enough to know they wouldn't give up so easily- and he was a bit too exhausted to fight it. So he sighed, irritably, and began to unbutton his shirt before casting it into a heap upon the floor, exposing his body littered with scars- and most notably, the fresh new one. They gave his body character, marring other wise a perfect form from noble breeding- But he was a Duke after all..... the good looks, physique...
Perhaps even that arrogance too-
It all ran in the family, deep within his blood.

Blood...
Which was now seeping from what should have been healing wound-
It almost seemed as if he had opened it in front of her on purpose, but he said nothing, didn't even try to look at it as the blood warmed and dribbled down his skin.

Draconian

The comment made her bristle. "I'd be a bad one if I wasn't thorough," Fred frowned, hands resting on her hips while she impatiently tapped her fingers against the fabric of her pants while he unbuttoned his shirt. More bristling when it was on a heap on the floor and she quickly bent down to pick it up, folding it quickly on the way upright.

Of course he was bleeding.

There was a beat of silence before Fred simply sighed and pressed her hands to the unbloodied flesh around the wound. It wasn't hot, which was a good sign. It was open though, which means he hadn't been taking it easy at all.

"How do you manage to open a wound doing nothing," Her hands went to her pockets, finding a rolled up bit of cloth she could use as a bandage. As much as she would enjoy ruining Leif's shirt with his own stupidity, she resisted and instead placed the shirt off to the side and made-do with the bandage, pressing it to his wound to sop up the blood and put pressure on it.

"Hold this to it," She took one of his hands and pressed it against her own before slipping her hand away, "And follow me to my room. Do I need to put you on bed rest? Or perhaps you want to die from your wound being open and dirty?" Fred sneered over her shoulder while walking, "either way. Come along and get comfortable." While going through the hall, a maid eyed Fred up and down, dressed like the man she wanted to be able to hide as again, "Can you get me a bowl of hot water please? Your master has gotten himself an unfortunate cut from... Opening mail."

Fred continued, hand at Leif's elbow to drag him along, before she opened the door to her room and basically dragged him in, "No. Do you want to do this the hard way or the easy way?"

visualspice

His scowl never once faltered, but a sneer may have curled up along the edges as they walked. He held the make do bandage in place and kept quiet over her comment on how she told the maid he hurt himself.

If looks could kill...

But she was dragging him to her room, of all places, and he merely obliged because...
He wasn't sure. Probably because he was just tired. He took a chair and lifted the cloth to look at it.

"You know I can handle this myself."

Draconian

Ah, the statue spoke.

Winifred smirked at him before going over to her kit and collecting the various bits and bob she'd need to patch him up.

"of course you can handle it yourself," she said nonchalantly, like they were having a conversation about him putting his own sugar into a breakfast tea. "Look how well you've handled it so far," she fluttered her fingers at his current state, topless, sitting on a chair and bleeding.

The maid walked in with a small basin of steaming water and Fred motioned the girl to put it on an empty table not far from where Leif was seated. When the girl left, Fred closed the door.

"If you could handle it yourself you wouldn't even be in this state," was her final comment before she grabbed a cloth and dunked it into the water, hissing slightly at the pain from how hot the water was. Fred moved back over to Leif, moving his hands out of her way before she began to clean around the wound. Again.

After glancing at the door to make sure it was closed for sure, she gently cleaned the wound and examined it, "You know, for someone who can 'handle themselves' you sure do have a lot of scars."  Fred smiled brightly up at Leif, kneeling as she was to examine him better.

visualspice

Leif hadn't much stared at the woman as she went to work, just watching her here and there as she went to close the door. But then at her last comment, he lifted his eyes to her- a storm brewing within.

"I'm not dead, am I?"

Draconian

Fred chuckled, her hands gentle at his wound. As tempting as it was, it was against her nature to be malicious and hurtful on purpose.

"My dear, that is a very low bar." Not being dead. Pah.

"You should take better care of yourself," she said softly, standing up and putting the bloodied cloth beside the basin of hot water. Dipping her hands into it again to wash off any blood, she grabbed a padded cloth before dumping a salve onto it and grabbed another length of cloth.

The wound was awkward enough that stitches would be more a hindrance and he'd pop them and then require more medical aid. "Unless, of course, that's what your secret intentions are. Not being dead is an incredibly difficult thing to be sometimes." Fred worked silently, placing the cloth on his would before leaning forward and urging him to lean closer. She had to move close to wrap it around him properly, her breath was probably hot on his shoulder while she clinically wrapped him up.

visualspice

Leif all but rolled his eyes.
"Most of the Duchy would be happier without me. There's already a long line of vultures to take over once my body is fed to the crows."
He huffed. She was close enough that she too, might have felt his hot breath on her as well.

Draconian

The contact was nice. Inappropriate, but nice.

Fred leaned back, her hands resting on his sides while she examined her handiwork and made sure that the bandages were tight and the chances of there being another bloody mess were lessened.

"Is that how funerals work in your duchy? Be eaten by crows?" Fred asked, curious, her voice gentle and teasing.

visualspice

Leif's eyes seemed to grow daggers.
"Most would say that's too good of a funeral for me." He looked away, eyes restlessly finding a portrait on the wall. He frowned. Of course there was some fancy painting in here of his father. And he knew the wall behind him had one of his grandfather.

No walls would hold a painting of him. The few paintings that were of him were when he was younger. He didn't even care to remember what had become of those.

Draconian

There was a pause and Fred watched Leif for a moment.

"Why's that?" Genuine curiosity before she followed his gaze to the portrait of a man. "Leif, are you the black sheep of your family? Such a hostile gaze towards a painting."

visualspice

Leif looked her dead in the eyes at her comment. His look held much weight.
But then he spoke.
"Are we done here?"

Draconian

A wide grin and she stood up, crossing her arms over her chest and tilted her head to the side. A chunk of her bangs fall across her face and gave her a haphazard look that would befit a doctor that worked all night. Unfortunately, Fred was simply tired and stressed out. At least poking the hornets nest that was this gentleman added some fun into her day.

"I don't know. Are we? You could have left at any time, you are the lord here." Fred took a step back, eyebrows up and smiled.

visualspice

Leif let out a heated sigh.
"I remember a certain pushy doctor..." he went on, standing up and searching for his shirt. "Being pushy."

Draconian

There was a certain delight in irritating someone who quietly deserved it.

Fred rested her hands on her hips and moved to the table where she'd placed his shirt, holding it out to him to put back on. "Hm, I can't think of who that might have been. I'm the only doctor here." She said pointedly looking at his wound with her eyes flicking to his various other scars. "Good thing you followed their instructions though, hm? They seem like a very intelligent individual."

visualspice

His eyes kept to her as he buttoned up his shirt. Turning, he headed for the door. He wasn't about to announce he was headed for an Ansgar's forsaken bath..
And just some time to brood alone.

Draconian

Fred sighed and let her head duck down, feeling a little awkward all of a sudden.

"Have a good rest of your day my lord," she said gently, closing the door quietly when he finally left her room. Here was to hoping he had some sense to not reopen his wound.

It was unlikely though.