Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Put Up Your Dukes! [M]

Started by visualspice, November 06, 2015, 12:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

He wasn't sure how long he stared at the wall, but he felt numb and the water- chilled. The bath had started off scalding, and despite the maids warnings not to get into the bath right away since she boiled it as he commanded, he stepped into the waters and just let it singe his flesh.

The pain, though not comfortable, was comforting enough. But he should bleed more, feel more pain than just the water redding his flesh.

He didn't bother with any soap- he wasn't here to bathe. And though the waters were high, he somehow kept most of his bandages from falling prey to too much of the steaming waters.

But how long could one simply stare at the walls? Stare at one block on the ceiling above? It was deeper night fall by the times the winds outside picked up, and the faint rumble of thunder could be heard. He closed his eyes a moment, opening them only when he thought he heard a stirring, and stared at the door as a flash of lightning illuminated a form....
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Fred spend the rest of the day restless. To go from being busy every day from dawn until to dusk to having... Time. The weight of pretending gone from her shoulders. Several times through the day she'd find books to read, she'd inquire about the Lord's whereabouts from the maids when dinner was brought by and finally when it started to get dark Fred found herself chewing on her lip and looking at the door.

While she was sure he was fine - a man grown, capable of taking care of himself - when she inquired yet again about the whereabouts of the lord of the house, they said he was still taking a bath. While they'd probably been good at following orders - to not bother him - Fred felt no such need to follow the instruction. There were really only two options.

One, being that he'd gone out again. Another that he'd falling asleep in the bath, likely ruining his bandages. Fred's hair was a fluffy mess from her running her fingers through the short locks all day, so she gathered the supplies to rebandage Leif or at least leave them out for him when he got back from his adventure.

Fred was tired, but a doctor. She'd found herself in the doorway, pushing it open and glaring into the room just as a flash of lightning flashed on her from, followed by a window shaking boom of thunder. Fred jumped, head snapping to the window before she sighed and walked into the room. It took a moment for her eyes to adjust but she spotted the lord and was surprised. "I expected you to be outside doing... " she wiggled her fingers at him, " things."

She put her bag down a little ways into the room and stood beside the bath, hands on her hips looking down, "Are you stuck? The water must be cold by now." A hand reached out, "come out now, no doubt I need to change your bandages."

visualspice

"Most others knock on closed doors out of propriety and respect," came his voice, tartly. He eyed the woman's form as he remained in the bath, giving a roll of his eyes at her orders. He didn't bother to fight or retort, simply rose from the bath, waters gushing down his form as he stepped from the tub.

He walked past her, enough some of his scented waters would have sprayed lightly on her as he moved as he hefted up a towel and began to rustle it through his hair.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

"Most others," Fred agreed, "but I imagine most others don't know some things about you. Sometimes you don't have time for propriety or respect." She gave him a once over while he walked, noticing scars and old wounds. Fred followed him, moving to stand in front of him and while he dried his hair her hands were poking and prodding at the bandages to see if they'd gotten wet or were bleeding through. Her hand rested close to the wounds to feel if they were overly warm.

"Have you been feeling sick at all?" Fred asked, her hand moving up to rest on his cheek before shoving it behind the towel to rest against his forehead, "too Warm? I wanted to check on you before I went to sleep. I'd hate for you to get an infection." Which wasn't obvious, because she was still fully dressed and didn't look like she'd been going to go to sleep at all.

visualspice

Leif had so many snide little retorts for his doctor but held his tongue. No doubt the gleam in his eyes would give him away.
But as she continued to inspect him, he frowned and began to dry off the rest of his body, uncaring he was more or less naked before her.
"I'm fine," came his heated reply, which then cooled as he sighed through his nose. "I mean I feel fine. " he paused before adding, "Irritated and sore."

Then he wrapped a towel around his waist for whatever modesty he probably should afford the other as he glanced away and towards the window.

Draconian

"Irritated as in the wounds or irritated as in emotionally," Fred said, hands still on his face before she decided he was a good temperature and let her hands down. Though her eyes were active and looking for bruises or cuts. The fact he was still naked from the bath wasnt lost on her, she'd just not cared.

Him standing in a towel made him seem more naked than standing in the nude. Fred cleared her throat and looked at his face before following his gaze and looking at the window. "I..." Fred took a step back, "am sure I'm the cause of the irritation. Aren't I." A sigh, and she took a breath, "is there something interesting going in outside?"

visualspice

He turned his gaze towards her and gave her a look, but when realization settled in, he shook his head.
"I'm anxious." The reply neither denying nor confirming her words.

Draconian

Fred nodded, understanding anxiety like it was a second skin. "Did you want to talk about it? It might make the anxiety palatable if its turned into words." Fred turned to look at Leif and gave him a sad little half smile, "you already know all mine. The fact that you havent been treating me any differently has helped me. Maybe I can do the same for you."

visualspice

Did he wish to talk?

No.

Atleast not now, not to them, and the more he didn't, the more there would be to say. And he hated talking. Atleast when he had to do it more than he wished. No.. there was too much to say.

Instead, he kept his gaze level at a wall.and sighed hotly through his nose. Fred's problems certainly added to his own, in an expeditious way, however...
It wasn't their fault and complaining about the number of problems on his plate would only serve to anger him further.

So, instead of saying nothing, which was a tempting reply, he simply growled. "Now isn't the time to talk about taxes.:

Draconian

Fred smiled, a quirk of her lips to the side and an eyebrow rose. "Taxes?" She said, moving a hand to her hip and leaning slightly in a comfortable stance. "Taxes have you in this sour of a mood?" Fred tapped at her lower lip for a moment, "more likely this is a normal mood." She sighed and reached to give whatever uninjured part of his arm was around to squeeze gently.

"I can read between the lines," she smiled, "so I'll let you be. For now. I'll come check on your bandages in the morning." Fred took a step back and gave a polite nod, "have a good nice and sleep well, Leif." And fred made her way to the door to go back to her bedroom.

visualspice

Before Winifred could leave, he had his back to her, eyes rolling before he closed them and snarled a little, "A drink.  A stiff drink will help me rest."

He moved to dress in a dark green robe and tied it loosely across his front.

"You should join me in getting drunk."

He didn't wait for a response as he brushed past her and towards the study.

Draconian

An invitation?

Fred looked over her shoulder and watched him breeze past her. A sipping whiskey at the end of the night sometimes after a rough day was her vice. She recalled the decanter beside her desk in Medina's sewing room. Fred reading and relaxing and Medina working on some design or another long into the night.

"It would be my pleasure, " Fred said, voice a little husky sounding at the memory. Fred quickly caught pace with Leif and reflected Duke a moment, entertainment flashing on her face. She was still fully dressed, the best over the loose fitting shirt tucked into pants and wearing well shined shoes. Fred was all business looking still, except for the fluffy short hair.

"You'll forgive me if I can't keep up, of course" she said, amused.

visualspice

Was that a snort? It was hard to tell.
"The night's young."
He pushed the door open to his study and made his way towards a long desk. He reached around and fetched a bottle from a drawer before producing two glasses, handing one to Winifred. He filled her cup first before his own abd raised it in a mild salute before knocking back the entire thing in a few great gulps.

Then he poured himself another.

Draconian

Fred held the glass and mulled over it for a moment, giving it a smell before taking a sip. And then knocking it back, licking her lips and holding out her own glass. "Not bad stuff," she said holding the glass out again. She could get rip roaring drunk. Maybe she'd finally sleep. "What's the occasion?"

visualspice

Leif poured more into both their glasses.  He lifted his without much emphasis and said, "We're still alive." He gestured towards her and knocked back drink number 2.

Draconian

Fred stared down at her glass, spinning it between her palms for a moment and watching how the liquid moved.

"Rather unfortunate, that." She quipped before knocking back the second glass. It was fire in her belly and made her jaw tingle and saliva fill her mouth, a sigh out and Winifred put down the glass as a silent indicator for more.

"You know, now that I think about it," Fred frowned and leaned with one hip against the desk, "I dont think I've been drunk before. I always stopped when I started to feel warm." Fred didn't mention she believed it was her natural healing magic that kept her from the worst of alcohol.

"Do you see the sunrise and wish you were dead?" Her voice was soft, contemplative and she traced the rim of her glass with her fingertip, "I do. I havent slept in days. Before that all I could do was sleep. When I wasnt working or tending to patients, I was tired and sleeping. " A sigh and she continued, unprompted but it was pouring out if her like fluff from an overstuffed pillow.

Fred didnt wait to be served the third glass, instead she grabbed Leif's hand to keep his glass steady to pour it into his cup and then poured her own, which was quickly swallowed. "Medina and I were going to raise her baby together. She was so excited. I'd be the doting uncle. We came up with an excuse on why there was no father. We were good at keeping out abilities secret and just being... normal." Fred sighed, looking down at herself, lower lip between her teeth. The pants that rested on long legs, the polished shoes, the loose fitting shirt tucked into pants.

"I have nothing now. I have no home. My sister is gone." Fred's hand tightened around the glass, "I lived the way I did for her and for what! So she can pretend I dont exist the second some man can give her an orgasm." Fred poured herself a fourth drink, "a man who wants her dead! How romantic."

"And you!" Fred turned her attention to Leif, "you're just an angry asshole who pretends to not be the complete bleeding heart you are. You dont smile. You dont laugh. You mope all the fucking time. You lash out at people who dont deserve it, which is me." Fred continued, another glass of drink, "you don't have the good grace to trust me! Me! My life is ruined because of you and you can't even let down the real mask. Even a little bit." Which stung. "What are you so afraid of by being my friend? I took you into my home despite your obviousness because you needed help. And look what happened. The least you can do is be fucking nice to me."

Fred grabbed Leifs glass and filled it again before pouring herself a fifth drink and swallowing that back.

visualspice

There was a quiet numbness to the air, one that stretched between the pair tangibly. The weighted atmosphere was strange, precarious and unseen, and Duke Arrant found himself without the grace of words.

To be fair, Fred was right. He hadn't been exactly trusting, but then again he never was. The stoneyness of his countenance had been so wrought to his form it was affixed to every part of his being. Sober or not, he wasn't a trusting man, nor gentle, nor outwardly gracious. If anything he was vicious and passionate and full of so much stocked heat.

He hadn't bothered to look at the other as he simply poured himself another drink, and knocked it back, swallowing thick and slow to pull on the burn. Then he went for another.

Draconian

No answer. No acknowledgement. Nothing.

Winifred frowned, her short hair falling into her eyes while she glared, and glared and glared. Like her amber eyes were molten gold and wanting to burn holes through Liefs skull.

Her palm shot out and she moved it to cover the rim of his cup when he put his glass down to pour more drink into it. "You dont get to pretend I dont exist, Leif. Look at me," Fred demanded, only a little wobbly from the alcohol. Wobbly and irrationally angry at being ignored.

visualspice

Fred didn't have to demand. The moment the alcohol was cut off fro mhim, Leif's eyes met to her's. His own heat smoldered, but so did something else- an open, broken echo to something deeper.. more brittle, something that was still bound up and knit tightly with hate.
Hurt. And the glint was deep, nearly hidden, but still very much there.

Draconian

Was this the first time they'd made eye contact?

Fred felt herself shift slightly, wanting to look away but unable to. It took a lot to unnerve her but she felt butterflies in her stomach and she had to force her gaze to remain. "What," she demanded, hand unmoving, "You have nothing to say? You get beat and brutalized and broken as some masked figure but you treat me like disguising myself as a man makes me worse than you."

Her nostrils flared and she moved her hand from his glass to his wrist where she squeezed, "you're just committing slow suicide, aren't you. I'm sorry, Leif, but its against every bone in my body to let you do that. You'll have to send me home if you want to continue with your collection."