Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Wrong Side of the River

Started by visualspice, November 06, 2015, 01:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

His hand on hers and his proposal made her gape, and there her cheeks went, flushing pink again.
"Oh, but I don't want to inconvenience you any further!" Really, she didn't! Wouldn't his family miss him? Then again.. it didn't seem much like he would miss them.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

"It's really not an inconvenience." Robb said earnestly, looking at her flushing cheeks and unable to fully suppress the heat that it sent through him. Gods she was a beautiful woman. It made him feel bad for even thinking it. Such sweet ladies were not for him to covet. "Please, let me follow where you lead for a while. Keeping you safe, even for a short time, will make me feel better."

visualspice

For the longest moment she had no idea how to respond to that. He might as well have asked her to marry him! That's about where her mind was going, malfunctioning at it's highest point. Eventually she shook her head.

"But I'd still feel like an inconvenience," she pressed. "Not that you are!" she added quickly, resting her hand assuredly over his. "But you were heading home and I'd only feel I'd be a distraction."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

"I don't mind a distraction. It's not safe for a young woman alone on the road." Robb had just saved her from bandits, hadn't he? What if there was no one there next time to help her? "If we part ways I will worry for you. Near strangers we may be, but you have been sweet to me and I would hate to see you come to harm if I could stop it by just being with you."

visualspice

He had a point, but did he have to word it in such a way. She dropped her gaze.

"I.. I suppose it wouldn't hurt. For a little while."

Zero

Robb had no idea what he was saying wrong, but he could sort of see that he was making her uncomfortable again. Why did he have to be such a screw up at everything?

"It's...okay. If you don't want me to hang around any longer than necessary. I get it. I'm sorry for asking, or being pushy about it, I guess." He pulled his hands away and ran his fingers through his hair with a tired sigh. "I'm terrible company."

visualspice

Seeing his reaction made her feel even guiltier about her reply. She shook her head and looked at him,imploringly.
"No, it's not that. Please understand. I... I'm just not used to traveling with anyone else and I honestly feel like I'd be the burden."

Zero

"It's just traveling, right? How could you be a burden?" They'd just be going places, walking or riding down the roads to wherever she needed to go. Aside from his presence deterring most petty thieves, he wouldn't even be doing much aside from not going home. Unless they ran into some not so petty thieves, but as a knight it was his duty to put a stop to men like that anyway.

visualspice

He had a point. But it still didn't mean she didn't feel like an inconvenience. After all, had they never met, he'd be well off and on his way home. Though, she supposed it didn't appear as an inconvenience at all towards him as she peered at him curiously.

"I suppose you're right. And it might be nice to have someone to help me sort through my things."
Whatever was left of them. Now she worried.

Zero

"I'll do my best to not be a bother." Robb said, attempting to be a little teasing, although he wasn't really joking. He couldn't understand why she thought herself to be such a trouble. To him, she was a pleasant breath of fresh air on an otherwise lonely and miserable trip. And a very convenient excuse to avoid home and marriage just a little longer.

visualspice

She fidgeted, curling a piece of hair around one finger.
"When do you think we'd go to see about my things?"

Zero

"First thing in the morning." Robb had been drinking and his head was not in great shape. Waiting until morning by this point seemed like the best option.

visualspice

"Oh... I suppose that makes sense. Then they'll be daylight and we can see." she gave a soft, almost nervous laugh, but was still smiling. "I suppose I'm only asking since I'm anxious. But anyone would be. Especially after how things all came about. I don't suppose many can say they've lost all their belongings to thieves dropping them in rivers."

Zero

"Don't worry about it, Averella. The guards will have gotten it all, I'm sure. We'll get it back from them in the morning." He shrugged his shoulders, looking at her sheepishly. "I'm sorry, you're probably tired. Just...ignore me. Go get some rest. It'll all be better in the morning."

visualspice

She nodded, smiling and wishing she felt more reassured. Truth of it was, now she was more anxious than before, and kept nervously fidgeting, like idly picking at her finger nails, or chewing on her lower lip.

But as he went to apologize, she was quick to shake her head.
"Oh, I wouldn't just leave you if you feel you need the company!" she insisted. But it was getting late... Even still, as she studied his face, she pouted and felt the need to ask, "Are you sure you're alright?"

Zero

"As alright as I'm going to be. Really, it's late. You should be resting. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day." Robb gave her what he hoped was a reassuring smile and not a grimace. He felt like utter garbage for a number of reasons, but she didn't need to fret over him all night.

visualspice

She hesitated, for longer than she felt was appropriate. And she couldn't quite drag her feet to leave, something.... some feeling begging her to stay.
She enjoyed his company and thought back to their conversations of loneliness. It was true. She hadn't realized just how much she has been starved for attention, for kinship, in her life but to have someone offer it so...
And for it, she was hesitant to leave.

She stared at the drink. She wasn't much if a drinker, as Averella was an easy drunk. But she knew what the drags on the bottle meant,  and she knew Robb had initially requested her to stay...

But she ought to go. He told her to. The day would be long...

Funny how she didn't feel ready to leave his side,  even if it was to just leave to her own bed.

But he had to be exhausted after today's ordeal, a sobering reminder of how their meeting came to be.

She swallowed and awkwardly bowed her head and released a small, but empty laugh.

",You're right. And my being here is keeping you from resting." She eyed him as she rose before turning to face the door, but she paused as she opened it and smiled at him.

"Sleep well."
And she closed the door behind her.

Zero

"You too." Robb said quietly as he watched her close the door as she left.

He had been the one insisting on her going to rest, but Robb didn't follow his own advice. Instead he continued drinking until his head was good and fuzzy, only eventually passing out after finishing the bottle.

Tomorrow's hangover was a problem for future Robb. Present Robb was happy to leave it for future him to deal with.

Wouldn't be the first time, or the last.

visualspice

It took sometime for sleep to claim her, her rest fitful when it did. She eventually fell asleep and slept like the dead, her face half buried into her pillow, mouth persed open, creating a small puddle of drool. Her hair was in a tangle,  her make shift 'dress' falling off one shoulder and the bed sheets wound around one leg while the other was fully exposed, down to her bare feet.

Daylight spilled onto her form in golden stripes from the slats of the latched closed wooden shudders. She'd look like a sleeping beauty, if she, perhaps new how to tap into her actual beauty and press that into the will of her sleep.

As it were.. she slept like the dead, seemed not a sound no stirring could wake her. Oh. And she snored. A bit loudly.