Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Matron's Bridge is Falling Down... [M]

Started by visualspice, November 07, 2015, 11:13:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Soon the ships were docked and soldiers pouring out, moving the conflict towards the river bank rather than the river. But it was an uphill battle for the Grand Duke's men, and only a few remained back on the boats to protect them- and use the canons when needed.

It would be then, as the boat was clearing out, that she'd feel a strong, warm hand grabbing her and yanking her from the wall.
"Come on, 'Lily. The fun's started without us."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Sunnivas heart skipped a beat and she held the hand tight. She hated what his touch did to her - even if it was just her hand. Still she followed where he took her and stayed close whike she could.

visualspice

The battle had only just begun, but the rush of men and swords had already began to paint the river bank red. Krah was quick to observe to area, only to notice an area left unguarded, unseen. He tightened his grip on Sunniva's hand and pulled her down into the thigh high waters of the river's shore and began to drag her along, westward.

"These men have no tactics," he growled, and tried to keep himself as elusive as he could. "They're both leaving their flanks open." He sneered. "Head on battles are for idiots and the dead. Come on, Lily. Let's show them how to win a war."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Ooo the water was cold.

Sunniva sucked in a breath and tightened her grip on Krahs hand, following blindly - pun not intended. His talking was at least an indicator of what he wanted to do and for a few moments she felt... Bad that he had to babysit her.

"Alright," came her hushed voice. Sunniva tried to keep as close behind him as she could, her free hand lingering on his side while they moved.

visualspice

Plan or not, it wouldn't be easy. Thankfully Krah had on his armor, cause a stray arrow bounced off his shoulder plate. Gritting his teeth, he set to move faster, eyes cleaving the area when he noticed a few men from the other side heading their way.

"Stealth was never really my forte," he went on with a crack of his neck and shoved Sunniva aside while he drew out his blade. He was before her and before the three men with a cocky ass grin. Expecting the battle to last but a few moments, he swung heavily and found himself nearly losing his head when one of the men with a slimmer sword moved swifter than he.

He found a boot to his belly, but he was quick to push back as he slapped his blade across the other man's face, sending him reeling before he noticed the other two were rounding him and heading straight for the girl.

Draconian

The shove cane unexpectedly and she gave a gasp of surprise and stumbled to the side. A frown and she turned her head around. Flashes of sight. Flashes of her. "What are you??" Was he really going to try and take that many on?

They were going to die.

And Sunniva threw up her hands and the two other soldiers that had rounded him to get to her flew back like they'd been thrown. Frightened still Sunniva gave a little moan of fear before she pressed her hands to her face. "Krah, this was a bad idea," because whike the two soldiers had been thrown back, it didnt kill them and if anythjng they were just a little more keen on getting the Lily now.

visualspice

And just as the men were knocked back, Krah didn't give them much time to retaliate as he was lunging at both of them like a savage dog, and slammed his blade into one, their the other's bodies. He drew out his blade from their dying body, and turned to Sunniva.

"Don't just stand there. We gotta move."

Draconian

A few hesitant steps before her hand found Krahs arm, holding onto it with a vicelike grip. Heart pounding. "Where are we going?"

visualspice

"On dry land. It makes for a difficult battle to fight off an army in the river."
The booming of the canons were still near deafening this close to the ships. But eventually the pair were able to make it on land and most of the canon fire was called off as the remaining men had rushed up the shore and were now fighting sword to sword.

Draconian

Sunniva pillaged a sword from a dead soldier and frowned at the strangeness of the weight. It wasn't like a mace, but it would have to do. Just in case.

"Alright," she said simply to Krah, following as close behind him as she could. Confused. Frowning. A little scared. Sunniva kept quiet and tried to calm herself. "There are archers, over there," She nodded her head in the general direction, just behind a raise. Just waited for the group of the soldiers to get within the arch of their arrows.

visualspice

"Oh? Am I to trust your eye sight?" Came Krah's crass remark. They were in a battle! Though she had surprised him enough times with how blindness still suited her- even still, he wasn't about to risk his neck on some blind woman's hunch! So he continued to stalk forward, looking for these supposed archers but not seeing a single damn one of em.

Draconian

"It's not my eyesight, it's theirs." She hissed, grabbing his arm and trying to hold him back, "If you don't trust me, at least don't go first." Sunniva's voice turned a little frantic, fingers clutching at his clothing, heels digging into the ground. Longbows. Range. Unless Krah was much higher up he'd never see the archers, poised behind a small hill, arrows drawn, waiting for the signal that let them know the bulk of the invading armor was within range. Soon.

It would be very soon.

visualspice

"Don't go first?" he laughed and pushed her aside. "You don't give orders to a General, Lily."

Draconian

The push hurt. Not physically but...

Why didn't he trust her? Sunniva snarled and grabbed the back of his shirt, angry now. Furious even. Irritated. Shouldn't he trust her a little? Just a little? Sunniva ignored the weird tightness in her chest and after a moment of hesitation she let him go and took a step back. "Fine! Go die like a dog with the rest of them, enjoy your after life in Hell you Prick."

visualspice

And that's when he paused to turn to her, his grin wild as an animal's as he gave her a nod and salute.
"I will, Lily."
And she might see it coming, or she might not-
the sudden string of arrows- with one aiming right at his head.

Draconian

There was the signal.

Was he worth it? Sunniva reacted without thinking, did she care for him? Perhaps in some manner. Some manner unknown to even her. Some... Primal kinship from what she'd shared with him. The clench in her gut had her move before she realized it and she was in front of him as heavy a push as she could muster. The strength of Ansgar helping her the gifts he'd blessed her with giving her too much stretch to knock Krah down and from harms way.

Well, most of the harm.

Luckly, being on the outskirts meant there were much fewer arrows and the one that didn't plunge through her shoulder and into Krah's side from proximity alone to her laying on his front thunked harmlessly into the ground beside them. Cries from other soldiers being impaled

A pained noise, "I just wanted you to trust me," Her voice was small and broken, full of pain, though she didn't move, "Why couldn't you just trust me?"

visualspice

The arrows sliced like fire, but it was his pride that was bruised as he lay there in the dirt. He looked at her, a fire in his eyes.
"There is no trust in War, Lily," he told her, voice filled with disdain. He looked her over. How fucking perfect. The damned Lily he had to protect to save his own neck was now bleeding out from the quills of arrows she threw herself before.

He wrenched a fist onto her armor and yanked her to her feet and glared right into her eye sockets as if she could see him.

"You see an arrow you don't throw yourself at it like some sack of shit. You cut it down with your weapons. We're not here to eat dirt, but blood."
He was so riled up, so pissed off now. Why did the damn blind little whore even care? They owed nothing to one another, and as far as he cared, they could both die in this battle. But he was not about to have his death trumped by some spirited bullshit from her.

Draconian

"You didn't see any arrows!" She snapped back, reaching to the arrow and giving it a good tug. A squelch of blood dripped from the wound but she was angry enough to not care. It burned but she was glad for a few moments, that it was her shield arm.

Because she had no shield anyway.

Kicking her feet to find the sword she'd pilfered, Sunniva picked it up and tightened her hand around the handle before she frowned, "I pushed you on your ass and unless you eat with that, you didn't eat dirt." Frowning, "You're so dramatic."

visualspice

"As if you could see how I fell!" he growled in her face. "Youre a Goddamn no eyed freak whose protected by the fake Gods these people worship! And if you don't watch yourself-" but his harsh words were cut off by the sudden roaring attack of opposing soldiers that nearly caught the General off guard.

Draconian

"Like i've never heard that before!" She snapped back, about to say more. Though the cries had her head snap up and she rose her sword, ready. The soldiers werent playing nice. The throat cutters, to kill the soldiers that had been struck by arrows.

"Better do the only thing you're good for," she snapped at him, " though try not to fuck their corpses."