Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Ancient Spells and Hidden Treasures ( @Ranganok )

Started by Wild, November 15, 2015, 07:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wild

Sophie smiled when the boy spoke of having worse injuries than this, and in spite of that lived... mostly. "What do you mean you lived mostly?" she asked. "Either you are dead or you are alive. There is no thing in between, is there?"

She smiled when Michael asked what the tablet said, moving closer to him so she could study it properly. "Hmmm, it seems to describe a ritual to awaken an ancient God," she said. "Including the need of a full moon and the sacrifice of animals or humans. They are quite poetic too in the way they express themselves, like it is a poem or something...."

In the flickering light from the torches on the wall she started reading out loud, word for word the content of the tablet:

"Black is the sky, full is the moon, when we leave our huts to call on our God.
Our best animals, our fattest lambs have been sacrificed, their blood falling in the sacrificial bowl that will be offered to our God, the most powerful of them all.
The bowl of blood has been poured upon the icon of the God, as we call out the name of Ranganok!"

She shook her head and looked up at Michael when she stopped reading. "That is all the tablet says," she told him. "I am not certain of the name though. As you can see the tablet is a bit chipped there. I have never heard of a God named Ranganok though, so it may very well be I am mistaken... I have never been the religious type, I'm afraid..."

She smiled and looked over at Michal when he looked into her eyes with a flirting look and told her that she was interesting. "Why, thank you," she smiled back. "You aren't all too bad yourself, you know."

She pondered how he knew about her past, her parents and her blood... not to mention her group. She knew that she had been very careful to speak about Yyndrad here in the real world.

"What do you know about my past and my parents?" she asked. "And how? I am not the type to tell much about myself to anyone."

Ranganok

(OOC: First of all let me say one thing...YOUR POST WAS AWESOME! I really liked this post, how you put Ranganok's legend on that tabled...wasn't expecting that so was a nice surprise. And the best things is that all you wrote doesn't conflict with anything in Ranganok's lore. Good job.)

"What do you mean you lived mostly?" the woman asked. "Either you are dead or you are alive. There is no thing in between, is there?" Ranganok smiles at the woman, maybe she was still young and didn't reached that stage yet so with a smile on his face and a calm voice he answers: "Well...when you live a long time you start to notice and learn a few things. One thing is that there are many types of death, aside from the physical one which in time you will realize that it's not so bad. It's just a passage from a state of existence to another, that's all there is to it. Like wood which turns into smoke as a result of burning...changing it's state of existence from solid to gas. Nothing is lost, everything is transformed. As you advance in years you will learn about the other types of death...but let's hope you will never have to experience them."

Then the history lesson begins. Sophie starts to read the contents of the tablet out loud as Michael listens to it captivated and interested about the contents. And then it happens...the moment Sophie says Ranganok, the man's eyes open wide in surprise. Now everything connects in his brain like he just got his missing piece of the puzzle. Mountains, memory loss, cave worshiping his god self...whoever did this to him, it clearly knew who he truly was...which makes Ranganok worry. Now the question that arises is, what role does Sophie has in all this...the person who put Michael here was aware of her coming to this ruins, was she sent here by him...what does that person want to achieve. He wanted to leave it all behind...but it seems that his past, even if forgotten, has returned from oblivion to drag him back into the dark.

Then the woman says something about the tablet being chipped and not being sure that Ranganok is what's written here. Then, the boy tilting his head forwards, looks down with a grim expression as the shadow comes over his eyes covering them. "I really hope you are wrong." murmurs the boy with a very low voice. Even though he was carefree, detached from everything, felling very well(not so much physically though), all his disposition was broken by this bloody tablet. Due to this incident and his new mood, he lost all interest in flirting which resulted in his not paying attention to hers.

Ranganok started to close his eyes and breathe deeply, calming himself, accepting all that happend to him and thinking it's for the greater good. He then started to detach himself from everything, going into a state of serenity and tranquility. In the end he started to get into a state like if he woke from total amnesia, knowing nothing about him, nothing affecting him, letting go of everything so that new things could be received without prejudice or false expectations. This way he started to "recover" though he was in a more empty state right now.

The woman then puts an interesting question: "What do you know about my past and my parents? And how? I am not the type to tell much about myself to anyone." Michael looks up at the woman with a deadpan-smiling face which doesn't let anything to be read on his face and answers: "All will be revealed...in time" The truth was that everything he knew was because his divination talent. He was able to read into a person by looking at her or looking at something of that person, created by it, holding emotional value, a drawing of that person etc. The item must have a connection to that person somehow. Though there are a few exceptions sometimes...

Wild

(OOC: Thank you! I quite enjoyed writing this post. I am glad you liked it ^^ Your post was AWESOME as well! )

Sophie listened with interest when the man beside her explained that there were many types of death aside from the physical ones. Even if members of her Order were interested in this subject, Sophie herself had spent most of her life working with ancient runes and forgotten languages. Her demon blood kept her young for longer than most women, her human blood gave her a human look. Sophie had used this look in her childhood to hide from demon hunters.

"I see," she replied. "I hope I will not have to face such deaths too, but with my background I am almost certain I will... sooner or later. It is good to know though, that death is only a portal to another existence."

The meeting with young Michael started interesting her more, now that he revealed so much knowledge about several deaths. Perhaps he could be introduced to her Order. But she needed to talk to Anise about this first before such a meeting could be arranged. Obviously he was not the teenage boy she had thought at first when she saw him. Ordinary teenage boys were... well... dumb. Michael was different.

Leaning over the tablet she was focused on reading the ancient runes and making sure she pronounced the words correctly. Thus she did not see Michael's eyes widening in surprise by the mentioning of Ranganok. "I saw the sacrifice rituals myself when I touched the walls of this cave," she told Michael. "You see, sometimes when I touch a subject or a story, I can see things that have happened in the past. It happens spontaneously, and I can't control it or make it reveal its secrets to me by will. But I do get a valuable insight of what has happened in the past. On rare occasions I am also shown brief glimpses of the future... This was why I chose my line of work. I wanted to make the history a bit more alive..."

Sophie studied the tablet and showed it to Michael. "You see those letters here before the chip starts?" she asked. "The big one is an R, followed by an a and an n. At the end of the chip you can see the half of an r, an o and a k. There are a couple letters missing, so my guess is based on what I can still see on the top and the bottom of the chip. I made it out to be Rangarok, though I must admit that the name puzzles me. I have never heard it before. Have you?"

She watched him in silence when he closed his eyes and breathed deeply, allowing him a moment to gather himself. From his appearance it seemed like he had been through a lot and needed a moment to gather his strength.

She smiled when Michael told her that all his knowledge about her would be revealed with time. She wondered what he meant by that, but knew that she would have to wait and see what would happen. From his words he didn't sound like he was going to leave her company just yet.

Ranganok

Quite some time has passed since Ranganok has woken up and started to talk to the woman. There must have been at least 2 hours. His body was becoming better and better as he didn't feel so weak as before...seems like his strength is coming back to him. The body digested part of the food so he would be back on his feet soon. The rest was also good as he regained some of his energy.

"I hope I will not have to face such deaths too, but with my background I am almost certain I will... sooner or later. It is good to know though, that death is only a portal to another existence." said Sophie. Ranganok goes once more trough his memories of what he saw about the woman, which from what he got, he concluded that she had ties with demons, blood ones. When her demon self would fully awaken then it might pose a problem for her so the chances of Sophie reaching one of the other deaths is quite high. After that, Michael starts to wonder what kind of demon she would become...an elemental demon, mind manipulator, strength one, a succubus and so on...but he might find out himself at some point. The boy then answers: "Maybe..."

Then the boy learns form the demon woman that she is also a divinator as him. It is very credible since they both had similar visions about the sacrificial things. But even so...Ranganok being a secretive person he decided not to tell her about his divination...not yet at least. But an idea formed into his mind. She said she has visions about things that she touches and he remembers that when he waked up she was touching him. Maybe she had some visions about his past or what happened to him so he decided to ask: "If you have visions about things that you touch...what did you see when you touched me?"

The second past was that Sophie was fascinated by history, by ancient languages and ruins. They had something in common...as Ranganok was also interested in archaeology...but mostly he was interested in ancient artifacts...the magic ones especially. He then looks at the demon girl and starts talking with a smile: "Well it seems we have something in common then. I too happen to be interested in ancient secrets, teachings and artifacts."

Sophie then goes back to studying the tablet and dechipers once more the tablet, revealing the name Ranganok. It was clear that this was a temple and a cult deidcated to worshiping him...after all he was the god of destruction and DEATH. So sacrifices would be seen as something normal...even if Michael himself disagrees with his. He never liked those kinds of sacrifices and he is pretty sure his old self didn't like it either. The man tries to avoid the subject by geting up on his feet and after he stretches a bit he start talking: "Well...we stayed enough here. This seems like their most sacred place so I doubt we would find anything more here. How about we leave this place? I am sure you'll have to sort trough everything you've found so let's go" Ranganok starts to walk towards the exit but after 10 steps he stops and turns towards Sophie: "Umm...is there any village or something nearby?"

Tags: