Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

* War's A-brewin'!

There is a civil war brewing in Connlaoth! Check out its info page here and its plotting page here!
The SotE video game is accepting crafting item submissions right here!

Also, we have a Discord chat server! Check it out. 8D

Author Topic: The Mending of Time [M] [Goblin]  (Read 816 times)

Offline Juno

Re: The Mending of Time [M] [Goblin]
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2016, 03:42:20 PM »
It was not disgust that hit Aren, but a deep sorrow and shock first. Then anger followed, wild and undirected though certainly not at the smaller man before him.

His wounds were obviously not self-inflicted and so the innkeeper bubbled with a rage he'd never felt in all his life, not even when he'd cast Ocarern out so many years ago. Aren twitched and flinched as his eyes roamed over his back, question upon question rising up in his throat that he was unable to voice.

A hand reached out to hover over but never touch, making mental notes about his worst wounds and those that seemed already infected. What could have possibly happened to cause such marks? Such pain? Who could have done such a thing to another living creature?

He wondered if it had been punishment, if the thief had been caught and lashed for his crimes. He wondered if he'd been enslaved or if it all was the result of some horrid accident the elf had yet to tell him of.

When he finally opened his mouth to speak Aren was shaking in his despair and disbelief, tears rolling silently down his cheeks. He shut his mouth without a word, though, one hand tightening at his arm while the other retrieved the tunic that had been cast aside to allow him to dress again if he wished.

"You need healing," he croaked, wincing at the lack of firmness he'd wished to carry in his tone. "Urgently. Now." The rest they could discuss later, but one niggling thought would not leave him. "Are you safe, Oca?"

Online GoblinFae

« Reply #101 on: July 23, 2016, 12:23:19 PM »
Ocarern felt the wash of colours all but drown him with the depth of Arensaenger's emotions. He was little more than a hapless ragdoll in the other man's grip even has he was handed back his tunic and permitted to mechanically wriggle his way back into it. He did not dare look at his old friend, fearful that the rage he had felt would come out to bite him. Even the elf's ears drooped completely with his sense of defeat.

"Safe?" he finally repeated quietly and tiredly. "Am I?" Ocarern lifted his gaze slightly to look at the human before dropping it again fearfully. "I...don't know. Am I, Arensaenger? Am I safe?"

Offline Juno

« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2016, 12:44:31 PM »
Aren stiffened at his questions, nostrils flaring at the idea that anyone was out to harm the elf. But he was there now and he could only presume that whatever had happened to cause his injuries was recent by the look of things.

“Did you...escape?” From a jail or something else he wasn’t quite sure what he was even asking himself. “Whatever. Whoever did that to you will pay if they dare show their face here,” he grumbled angrily, still unable to let go of the blind anger he held towards that unknown entity. “I don’t care the reason. That is completely unjustified.” Cruel. So very cruel that he could barely hold back the tears welling at his eyes for the bright memory of the fresh, open wounds the elf had been carrying around with him for who knows how long.

“You’re safe with me,” he declared, though what truth there was to that he wasn’t sure. He didn’t know what he could even promise the skittish elf, but it was a sentiment he felt deeply in his heart. “Please, just- Let’s get you something for those,” he pleaded softly, already heading for the door with fingers locked firmly around Ocarern’s wrist. “I’ll take you to the healer.”

Online GoblinFae

« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2016, 12:29:32 PM »
The elf shuddered in the other man's grasp, drowning under the weight of his waking nightmares. He could hear maniacal whispered tones and smell burning, bleeding flesh, in the same moment that he felt a strong, beating heart and the gentle breathing of the man cradling him close. Ocarern allowed himself to be bodily manipulated along, too emotionally shattered to resist or even really notice the change of location immediately.

It was only once they began to reach the stairs that the elf seemingly became aware again and fought to dig his heels into the polished wood floor. "No, no, no! I won't go, I won't! No go, no go! Please I want to stay," he sobbed irrationally, clinging to Arensaenger in desperation. "Don't send me back. Please, please, please," Ocarern chanted, his voice trailing off as it was cut off by wet, choking sobs.

Offline Juno

« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2016, 03:04:15 PM »
Aren’s chest felt like it was being crushed by the sound of Oca’s pleading cries, the desperation in his voice almost too painful to hear. He placed a steadying hand to his shoulder but as soon as the elf started sobbing he quickly gathered him up in his arms.

“Shh. It’s alright, Oca. I’m not sending you anywhere, I’m going with you and then we can come right back home. Do you remember Vanessa?” he asked quietly, lightly petting at Ocarern’s hair in what he hoped was a soothing manner.

“She always patched me up after a scuffle and I promise she’s still just as good with her salves and potions. She’s a good person, I know she’d help you,” he offered, afraid of leaving the elf’s injuries untreated. “I can be right there beside you if it would make you feel any better.”

Online GoblinFae

« Reply #105 on: March 08, 2017, 01:57:13 PM »
"Nasty, smelly woman," Ocarern replied with a disgusted crinkle of his nose. He never had liked the smell of her potions and brews. He continued to cling fiercely to Arensaenger but allowed himself to be moved forward even as he contemplated the consequences of seeing Vanessa. "Promise no leavy, Aren? Promise me?" the elf asked, his ears flapping about so hard they probably were smacking his friend. "I don't want to be alone anymore, Aren. Please no leavy."

Offline Juno

« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2017, 10:38:21 AM »
Aren't had to stifle a laugh at Ocarern's opinion of the healer. Instead he flashed him an encouraging smile and kept his arm around his waist to help guide him down the stairs. At least he told himself the elf needed his guidance and that was why they needed to be touching at that very moment.

"I promise I won't leave without you. I'll be right there, you won't be alone," he tried to assure him. "And if you want privacy I can just...turn my back while she patches you up. That sound okay?"

Online GoblinFae

« Reply #107 on: August 05, 2017, 04:11:13 PM »
Ocarern remained glued to his friend's side as they ventured down and out of the tavern. The light of day made the elf flinch slightly, turning inward towards his friend more as if the human could protect him from that too. He murmured quietly to himself as they went, lost to his own memories and horrors, though he gave Arensaenger no trouble as they traveled the short distance. His favorite human could lead him to the ends of the earth and still Ocarern would have followed with the state he was in.

A series of sneezes pulled the elf from his thoughts making him realize that they had at last arrived. He scowled and wrinkled his nose as the assault of different scents and colors threatened to overwhelm him. "No leavy," he growled at the other man, shifting to clutch the much larger hand tightly within his own small grasp. Arensaenger was not going to be escaping Ocarern any time soon whether he liked it or not.

Offline Juno

« Reply #108 on: August 05, 2017, 10:23:57 PM »
"I promise." Aren smiled in what he hoped would be an encouraging manner, but the elf seemed a bit distracted and he didn't really blame him. It was clear he'd been through a lot in their time apart and whatever that had been seemed to leave him exceptionally cautious.

Aren knocked on the door to Vanessa's shop gently before entering. It wasn't common for her to have extended visitors, people tended to come by only to place and pick up specific orders, but he was convinced from what he'd briefly seen that Ocarern would need more specialized attention than he could give his wounds.

As he expected her shop was empty except for the gentle sound of tinkling glass in the back room behind her counter. "One moment!" she called distractedly, making her way through to the front in a hurry, panting to catch her breath with a smile that quickly turned to recognition. "Aren! How can I help you today?" Her eyes flickered between the pair, a small glint of recognition in her eyes towards Ocarern and it took her several moments of silent contemplation to see exactly who he was. Despite the years the elf looked more or less the same as before.

"Well we need a little help with a he-"

"Ocarern, isn't it? My it's been a long time since we saw you," she mused quietly, relaxing and wiping her hands of the potion she'd been working with across her skirts. "Sorry, how can I help?" She lifted her head with an apologetic smile, meeting Aren's eyes.

A slow blush grew on Aren's cheeks, his grip tightening slightly on Oca's hand. "I'd like your help with a healing salve. Or treatment. Something. Um, for him." The human looked Ocarern's way, his eyes lingering on the back of his shoulders for a moment before he looked back to her with an apologetic smile. He knew he was being vague but he hoped she wouldn't press the elf for information and could help him without any fuss.

"Oh!" She blinked, eyeing the elf curiously and not seeing anything wrong with him since he hid it so well. "Can I ask what kind of...injury?" she asked Ocarern gently.

Online GoblinFae

« Reply #109 on: August 06, 2017, 08:20:46 PM »
The elf scowled at the woman and the mention of why they were there. If he was not feeling so overwhelmed and clinging so tightly to his friend's hand then he would have scuttled out of the shop in no time at all. "Minor fall," he grunted out, the lie feeling thick and heavy on his tongue as he both avoided eye contact and fought to keep his wildly flailing ears in control.

It was obvious though even to his ears that he was lying and did not wish to draw more attention to himself. Instead he squeezed Arensaenger's hand tighter and leaned in closer against the man's side. Ocarern wanted nothing to do with showing or telling what happened. Showing the human he loved was enough. The woman, healer or not, had no need to see how weak and pathetic he really was.