Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Irreverant, Irregular, and Ridiculous (DragonSong!)

Started by Aleron, December 06, 2015, 05:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleron

Michael blinked a couple times, mouth hung open so a fly could've landed in it.
He turned to Puck and snorted.
"Old bastard," he muttered with a humored sigh. It sounded more flustered than mocking, but he cleared this throat.
"Well," he declared, and looked at Puck with his hands on his hips. "Goodness."
Leslie laughed, saying "That's what I say, ha!" and then sat on a wooden table and piled coats and shirts on her lap.
Michael took a deep breath and hummed to himself, thinking.
"Well," he said again. "I guess I don't have a place to stay, then. Can I stay with you for a while?" He asked Puck.

DragonSong

Puck tilted his head. "Stay...with me?" He considered it.

Shrugging, he replied, "I certainly don't mind. But I don't have cozy rooms like you're probably used to." The trees were his home, and he would be happy to let Michael share it, but he wasn't quite sure what the human was expecting.

Aleron

"That's fine!" Michael said. "I'll be just staying for a little while, I promise. Till I find a spot again, thanks to that old fat ass," Michael groaned, and glared out the window. He snorted, though, and a grin broke onto his face. He began to laugh.
"She really got angry that time," He said, and sighed, muttering "Oh well".
He rocked on his heels before shrugging his mouth and looked at Leslie, then Puck.
"I should probably go and move all my stuff then. Nothing else to do."

DragonSong

"I'll come with you," Puck offered. With a nod to Leslie and a charming smile he said, "Nice meeting you, strange girl."

Aleron

Leslie tilted her head at him and smirked slyly; "Charmed," she said.
Michael opened the door and led the way out the door.
Just one step into the cold air and he already began to shiver; a gift of wind blew through his woolen sweater, and he clutched himself until if past by. The cold air tingled in his nose, and the heat within his core was extinguished a little more with every breath of icy air.
Though he tried to aim his thoughts elsewhere, he kept looking around to his current situation. But it wasnt all that bad; he had been wanting to leave there; it was barely an excuse of a home, and he deserved something at least a little decent. He did have a little bit of money left, what Mother had left him before heading off that winter. And all he was using it for currently was coats and trousers and hats. He suddenly stopped and spun on a coin, facing Puck.
"Where in the world would I bring all my furniture and stuff?" He asked.
"Why even are we going to move out my stuff? I should probably find a new place to move to first." He laughed and slapped his hips with his hands. Without delay, he set off down the road. "A good place around here's got to cost about five or so gold coins for the first two weeks. I'll have to pay for it completely when my mother gets back by then, and gives me more. But I've got 5 gold in my purse right here," he said, lowering his voice, and pat his pocket.

DragonSong

Puck shrugged. He wasn't very good with this whole "money" concept. "Whatever you need me to do," he said easily, falling into step beside him. "Except too much heavy lifting. Then you're on your own." He gave him a lopsided grin.

Aleron

Michael chuckled. "I'd figured that'd be the case," he said, and he spun off down the road.

They'd been heading through the village for a good fifteen minutes when he decided he was hungry instead.
He stopped, putting a hand in Puck's chest to slow him as well, and said, "You know, maybe we should eat something instead. I haven't eaten any breakfast today other than an apple, and what could keep us from eating and enjoying ourselves. I doubt anyone else will be buying themselves a house today. We can take as long as we want. So what do you hink?" He asked, and for a reason he wasn't sure about, he found himself staring deep into Puck's eyes. Probably to search for any sign of an answer.

DragonSong

Puck smiled, holding his gaze easily. "I could eat," he said with a shrug, tilting his head to the side as he nodded.