Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Row Boat Wars

Started by visualspice, May 05, 2017, 05:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Ruger nodded towards her, but his gaze was obviously wary. Cullen wasn't too out of sorts not to notice.

"Relax, Ruger, I have every reason to suspect she'll turn on us once I'm well enough to fight back. "

Ruger didn't seem to get it, blinking once before reaching for the weapon on his belt.
"Woah, hey, Ruger. It was a jest! She's likely on our side!" Cullen went on, moving to sheepishly stand between the pair the best he could.

"Likely? Cullen... Did you even check her story out? She could be a spy. Or worse.. a mold."

Cullen sighed.
"She's no mole, Ruger. Please...put the weapon away."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Bunbun

Maddison backed up as far as she could, thankful for the gap in space that Cullen provided by placing himself between the two. She trusted him enough to keep her relatively safe for now, but it never hurt to be careful, and while the two men argued she was silently plotting an escape route in case things went poorly.

"He is right about one thing, though. You don't know who I am, Cullen, and I don't know who you are. At least, not really. It was pure coincidence that we ended up working together. We could just as easily have been at each other's throats if it wasn't for those guards showing up."

She paused, looking Cullen's friend up and down before giving a sigh of her own.

"If it would help settle things down, I could start by giving my side of the story."

visualspice

Cullen gave a sympathetic yet grateful nod her way.

"Sounds like a logical solution," Cullen went on, not moving to sit back down until Ruger put away his weapon.

Although Ruger complied, his eyes never once left Maddison, nor his hand his weapon.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Bunbun

There wasn't much point in hiding the truth now, she supposed- if these two were somehow working for the Grand Duke, they already had plenty reason to arrest her. She leaned back a bit, crossing her arms in front of herself somewhat defensively before addressing Cullen with a nod.

"I work with the Red Legion- mercenary company-turned-army with the goal of fighting back against the Grand Duke. I was out on the lake expecting to receive a drop-off of letters, some of which may have contained important military information. There wasn't supposed to be anyone else there that night, but then there you were, and as inconvenient as that might have been for me, I didn't want my contact to be mistakenly approaching you if you turned out to be an enemy. We started talking- I wanted to see if you would let any information about yourself slip, and I imagine you were doing the same.

"So... there we were. Sizing each other up. I can't say I know how that would have ended if it weren't for those guards showing up and interrupting, but in the end, I suppose we both decided we were better off taking a chance on each other than letting the guards take us both in. Cullen had an escape plan involving a magical artifact but it... didn't exactly work out. We had to do some sneaking around in order to get here safely and neither of us were in particularly good shape afterwards."

visualspice

Ruger lowered his weapon as she began to explain.

"The red legion?" He repeated, turning towards Cullen. "They're a big deal ain't they, Cullen?"

Cullen smiled, nodding.

"And it seems Crampas can't remember which rebellious club he's helping. "

"Club?" Ruger blinked, but Cullen waived it off. He never understood Cullen's jokes.

Cullen sighed. 

"Well, either Crampas' mind is that bad or he was trying to set us up on a date," Cullen flirted, giving a grin towards Maddison. "Either way, atleast it turned out we're more or less on the same side."

Hopefully Ruger wouldn't press too much. Even if she were lying and the enemy...
She had saved his life.

Bunbun

Maddison's defensive posture loosened slightly as Ruger lowered his weapon. She raised an eyebrow at Cullen when yet another one of his jokes sailed completely over his companion's head, but decided it would be best not to make too big a deal of it- they did seem to be making some progress now, and there was little sense in jeopardizing that by getting Ruger any more riled up.

"So you've spoken to him too... that certainly simplifies things. I take it you were out on the lake for the same reason I was, then." She gave Cullen an affirmative nod before cracking a small smile at his joke. "Somehow I doubt his plan involved getting us together. But hey, that is pretty close to what ended up happening. Perhaps the old man is more clever than he gets credit for.

"I'd say that's enough about me, though. What about you? Whose clubhouse have I stumbled my way into?"

visualspice

Cullen smirked at her question.
"I'm surprised you haven't guessed us by now, but I suppose we try to keep our reputation as secretive as possible. But we're apart of The Blood Wardens," he professed, Ruger visibly stiffening at this as he gave Cullen a look.  Cullen motioned for him to calm as he returned his attentions to Maddison. 
"Strong holds in secret and missions more likely so. Bonds cemented by blood oaths and desires to right the wrongs... and all of those sorts of galantries."