Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Not Worth A Penny

Started by visualspice, January 17, 2016, 05:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

The man snarled and tried to ward off the bird.
"What you told me to do, sir!" the man wailed.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Smoke, back!"

The falcon cawed and circled back to land on Gavin's shoulder, clucking and glowering at the stranger. "Cutting her is supposed to help her?" he demanded.

visualspice

"If you were lost and someone cut you.. would you not seek a new path?" the bald man hissed.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Gavin really wished he knew more about whatever had happened to Vels.

"Fine," he spat. "Fine. Just- not her wrist. Her palm." There were more nerve endings there anyway, and he felt he'd better be able to yank her away if he had to and not risk hurting her more.

visualspice

The man hesitated, before nodding.
"Very well then." And he paused a moment before striking hard across her palm, like a viper.
And just as he had promised, it broke the girl from whatever had fainted her, as she jerked awake suddenly with a scream and grip to her palm.

Blood? She blinked. What was... She looked around, uncertainly.

"What.. what's going on?"

DragonSong

"Oh thank gods!" Gavin hugged her against his chest rather spontaneously, looking at the stranger over her head. "How did you get here?" he demanded of Vels, still keeping his eyes locked on the other man.

visualspice

Vels had no idea what was going on, and found herself pushing to give herself some more space.
"What are you going on about?" And she winced when she bumped her bloodied hand off of him. It still stung fresh with blood.

DragonSong

"Here, let me see that," Gavin murmured, reaching for her hand. He whistled and Smoke soared away.

visualspice

But she jerked her hand away.
"What? Why?" She shielded her hand protectively. "Did you do this?" Her eyes narrowed suspiciously on him.

DragonSong

Great. Of course she blamed him.

"No, I didn't," Gavin muttered, then pointed. "He did. Said you asked him for help, and when I got here you were passed out cold."

visualspice

"Who?" Vels made a face, because the bald man was no longer there. In fact, his entire cart and tent were gone.

DragonSong

"Wait- what the-?" Gavin turned in a circle. "There was a- a- I don't know! Where the hell did he go?"

At that moment Smoke returned, clutching a long wrap of bandaging in his talons. Gavin murmured thanks as he took the fabric and gestured for her hand again.

visualspice

"Tch," she curled a lip at him. "Does that mean you're gonna keep playing dumb and get out of explaining this to me?" And she held up her hand to remind him of the cut. "Although... it's strange I don't remember.." And her face scrunched contemplatively.

DragonSong

Gavin took her hand and started bandaging it. "Look, I don't know what happened. I went out to look for you, and when I found you you were unconscious and there's was this- this man. Said you asked him for directions or something and that's how you'd passed out."

He shook his head, tying off the bandage. "I couldn't wake you up. He cut your hand, and that seemed to do the trick."

visualspice

She looked at him as if he were crazy and raised a single brow.
"And you expect me to believe that?"

DragonSong

...Okay. It did sound kinda crazy.

Gavin shrugged. "Believe it or not, that's what happened." He frowned at her. "Why'd you leave, anyway? You had me worried."

visualspice

"Leave?" she blinked, and look away, frowning. Leave...
It took her sometime to recall what he was asking, but then her eyes flashed with recognition. "I couldn't sleep."

DragonSong

He arched an incredulous eyebrow. "And you decided wandering a strange city was a good idea?"

visualspice

That made her angry.
"I'm not a child! I've lived alone most of my life. And wandering is what I do."

DragonSong

"Not anymore it's not," Gavin retorted, quiet but firm. "Having a job means you have a responsibility to your employer. In this case, me. You can't just go off like that."