Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Not Worth A Penny

Started by visualspice, January 17, 2016, 05:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Birdless or not he wasn't about to give up his prize. Throwing Vels over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes, he took to the back streets and clung to the shadows, keeping watch over head to ensure the damn bird did not follow.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Gavin recognized Smoke's cry and immediately started toward the sound, following the soaring shoe with his eyes as he ducked and wove through crowds.

visualspice

He rounded a bend.
Left right.
Then right again.

Looking up at the sky, he saw nothing, and smirked as he stepped into a small building on the eastern side of town. It was a quaint location, with a dull name that indicated it was a potions shop .  It didn't readily look open, except a small candle flickering in the window- which was an odd time of day for osmeone to have a candle lit.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Smoke saw the shope and swooped low over the door silently. Gavin caught the gesture and slowed his pace, approaching cautiously in an attempt to peer inside without being spotted.

visualspice

The single candle was the only light afforded, but it wouldn't give away too much to what was going on within. There was movement, that was all that was certain- and the girl was too far gone to make a sound.

DragonSong

Great.

This was just fucking great.

"I am in so much trouble," Gavin muttered to himself. He gave a whistle for Smoke, then slammed the whole of his weight into the door, hoping to break it open.

visualspice

But the door didn't budge, bolted from the inside; however, the action did alert the man to Gavin's presence and he'd hear a curse and someone scrambling from within.

DragonSong

Gavin snarled. "Oi! Touch the girl and you're dead!" he shouted, pounding on the door again.

Smoke screeched, then gave a noise that was almost exasperated and flew at the window, before veering upward at the last moment. Gavin hesitated.

If he broke the glass, he might hurt the girl. Of course, if he waited much longer, that might be a moot point.

visualspice

But the kidnapper had other plans. He wasn't about to wait for the young man to barge on in, so he stuffed the girl, good and hidden before slipping out through a coal shoot a block down the road. It sucked his hide away had been found, but maybe after the heat died down, he could get the girl back or- at the very least, continue with his 'day job'.

DragonSong

With a low growl of frustration, Gavin tucked his head and threw himself at the window. The glass shattered in a rain of glittering shards and he rolled across the floor, wincing as he felt the jagged edges cut his skin.

Scrambling to his feet, he looked around quickly. "Vels? Damnit, lass, where are you?!"

visualspice

She wouldn't answer. She couldn't. But the room was dark and eerily silent, reeking of the fading scent of a snuffed out candle.

DragonSong

Gavin was suddenly alerted to Smoke's presence when the falcon swooped low over his head, cawing. He perched over a corner and Gavin hurried forward, catching sight of the unconscious girl.

"Little idiot," he muttered quietly, checking her pulse with a quick sigh of relief before he scooped her up.

visualspice

She made a soft noise as he picked her up. But it was hard to tell if she was awakening, or reacting to some sort of drug that kept her heavy, like a sack of potatoes.

DragonSong

Without any other real idea of what to do, Gavin slipped out through the broken window and started jogging back to his employer's home.

Hopefully someone there could help her.

visualspice

And even as he traveled with her, it was evident something was up, for Vels did not once stir.

DragonSong

Gavin reached the manor in record time and pounded the flat of his palm against the door. "Hey! We need some help out here!"

visualspice

OOC: It's been so long I can't recall much about his patron, but I'll just summarize them getting inside lol

Of course the pair were welcome inside, Vels taken to her own place to rest as she remained unconscious. Heated compresses were applied to her head, hoping to fight off any damage that might have befallen her, but it would be hard to tell what, if anything, had effected her during the whole ordeal for she still remained fast, fast asleep.

DragonSong

[Oh whoops! Sorry!!]

Gavin found himself pacing outside the door where Vels rested. They wouldn't let him in the room, but his employer had been kind enough to give him the rest of the afternoon off, considering the circumstances.

Gods. He was lucky he hadn't been fired.

He wanted to go back to Serendipity.

Growling, he raked a hand through his hair, worried eyes flicking to the door.

visualspice

A day almost had passed and it was night fall again when she stirred. She made soft noises at first, before she awakened to a sharp pain in her belly and before she knew it, she was rolling out of bed and vomiting on the floor. And not just once, but three good hurls.

DragonSong

He heard a disturbance, but wasn't sure if he was still blocked from the room. "Vels?" He knocked. "Lass, you alright?"