Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Double Trouble [Archive]

Started by DragonSong, January 18, 2016, 04:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Noel was impressed, mildly. "Wise of you," he murmured, standing as well and offering a hand to help her up. A quick smile and he added reassuringly, "Don't worry, we won't leave your side for a minute. Promise."

Leon nodded in agreement, though privately he wondered if that may not be the best idea, if that thing came back.

visualspice

"So.. you two are the thieves. How do we go about being discrete? I can't say I'd be surprised if there are more guards even in the streets, especially at this hour. There is a city curfew, after all."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

They looked at each other, then at her, and said in unison, "Distraction."

"Which is usually my job," Leon muttered, running hand through his hair. "I'll draw the guards' attention, you and Noel sneak in and do what needs doing."

visualspice

"Distraction! Oh, Ansgar's name, no! You might get hurt out there, or worse!"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Leon actually smiled at her concern. "Aretmis," he said soothingly. "I appreciate that you're worried. but I'll be fine. Really."

visualspice

She shook her head and dared to stand up.
"No, no, I can't have the pair of you risking your lives for me. It was really no one's fault this happened, though if any were to take blame, it ought to be me which means..." She went on, drawing in a long breath, "I will go with you two, and we'll do it as discretely as possible."
Hopefully without such distractions!

DragonSong

The brothers looked at each other and had a quick, silent exchange. Nodding slightly as they decided it would be easier to humor her for now, Noel sighed and muttered, "Alright. Come on, think you can stand?"

He slipped off the bed and help a hand out to her.

visualspice

Nodding, she graciously accepted his hand and stood.
"There, see?" she went on with a smile. "I'm just fine. Now, let's not waste any more time here."

DragonSong

"Okay." Noel gave her a grin, but Leon just shook his head, muttering that this was a bad idea. "Come on, let's slip out the back."

visualspice

Quietly she followed the two brothers outside. For now, it seemed the street they were on was mostly vacant.
"Just remember... there is also the Night Watch," she whispered. "We're out past curfew. So we need to be doubly careful."

DragonSong

"We know," they said quietly in unison. Noel grabbed Artemis's arm and urged her gently behind him. "You stick between me and Leon at all times, okay?"

His brother gave a soft rumble of agreement. It wasn't really a question.

visualspice

Artemis mutely nodded, and followed after, eyes darting in every which direction but up.

DragonSong

Making their way down side streets and alleys, the boys gradually grew closer to the library. "What's the plan once we actually get in there?" Leon muttered as they slunk along.

"I'm sort of improvising," Noel admitted.

"Of course you are..."

visualspice

Artemis released a breath she had been holding when the library came into view.
"There are a lot of guards at this hour," she commented, frowning as she tried to think of a useful idea herself to get them inside. But nothing was coming to mind.

DragonSong

Noel and Leon looked at each other, both thinking.

"Light 'em up?" the older brother murmured.

The shifter shook his head. "Just a distraction, Noel. Don't hurt anybody if we don't have to."

"Fine." He gave a dramatic sigh and nodded, then looked to Artemis. "You stick to Leon, alright?"

visualspice

"Wait.." she latched onto Noel's arm. "What.. what are you planning to do?"
She wasn't sure if their improvising would be wise, or not harmful to anyone.

DragonSong

"Artemis." He covered her hand with his for a moment, giving her a reassuring smile, then pulled her fingers off. "I'm a...mage." Not a great admission in Connlaoth, but better than the truth.

"I'm going to create a fire to distract the guards while you and Leon sneak in."

visualspice

At that, her eyes widened and she now CLUNG to his hand.
"What!?" She looked around, then stepped closer to him as she shook her head. "No! You can't!"

DragonSong

"Do you have a better idea?" Noel demanded, arching an eyebrow. Leon moved forward to gently grasp Artemis's upper arms, pulling her away.

visualspice

"Hey, what are you doing over there? It's past curfew!"  barked a gruff voice behind them, that made Artemis nearly jump out of her skin. Oh no! It was a city guard!