Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Double Trouble [Archive]

Started by DragonSong, January 18, 2016, 04:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

"Go, now!" Noel hissed, turning to face the guard.

Leon nodded and pulled Artemis with him into the shadows. "The back door, quick," he whispered.

Noel smirked and with a snap of his fingers conjured a ball of fire between his hands. "Hey! Over here," he called, starting to moved toward the guard.

visualspice

Artemis was stumbling, trying to drag her feet.
"Oh! But Noel.... should we really leave him alone out there?" She was frightfully worried about him, wringing her hands as hey walked.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

She had to use so much strength to tear her eyes away. Her heart went out to his brother, but she knew they hadn't much time.
"I'm running as fast as I can. But look out! I see a guard at the back gate!"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Leon nodded. He saw the guard too. Dropping his hold on her, the shifter sprang forward and brought a clenched hand down hard on the back of the man's neck.

He fell instantly and Leon caught him, wincing slightly as his armor made a few clanks as he lowered him onto the ground. He beckoned Artemis forward urgently, eyes darting around.

visualspice

Artemis numbly followed. Once inside, she whispered, "That guard... He isn't dead, is he?"

DragonSong

"What? No." He frowned. "Uh, well- I don't think so. He's probably fine."

Shrugging it off, Leon glanced around, then back at her. "You're the librarian. Where are we going?"

visualspice

She tried to shake off her guilt, but she could not. She'd have to settle for 'He's probably fine' but the 'probably' part repeated as a terrible echo inside her mind. It was so stifling she almost didn't hear his query. She stumbled to a stop.

"Oh!" she was panting. "The other end of that hall. The door is there and it will take us to the lower libraries where that strange book was found."

DragonSong

"Got it."  Leon set off, unconsciously reaching out for Artemis and tucking her protectively against his side, eyes searching the darkened library.

Just as they reached the door, his nose picked up a familiar scent and he visibly relaxed. "How'd you get away so fast?"

Noel smirked, trotting toward them down the hall, looking for all the world as though he'd just come from a pleasant stroll. "Trade secret," he said quietly with a wink, then glanced at the door. "This is the place, right?"

visualspice

At the sight of Noel, Artemis sighed with relief.
"Thank God." She turned from the brothers towards the door. "Yes, just down there." And she moved to grab the handle, though she felt hesitant. She wasn't sure she really wanted to go back down there, but she closed her eyes and just did it, opened the door, then reopened them to begin their descent into the dark.

DragonSong

Sensing her hesitation, Leon rather awkwardly patted her shoulder as they started down the stairs. "Here." He gripped her shoulder and slipped past her, keeping her between himself and Noel so she had some form of protection.

The older brother patted her hair reassuringly, then let his hand drop as they continued on their way.

visualspice

Softly but swiftly they all moved down the curling steps. The room below greeted them with the same lighted torches as before, but the mess down there seemed to have been cleaned up to some degree. Other than that, nothing looked out of the ordinary, looked as if it held any significance or types of clues that could lead them closer to a solution to this demon book problem.

Artemis released a breath as she looked around.

"I'm not sure where to begin, but I suppose anywhere among these books." She remained hesitant, staring at all of the books as she sunk her teeth into her lower lip. What if there were worse books with fouler curses than the one she had already encountered? She'd be risking her own life as well as the two brother's. And although she seemed like her normal self, who knew if whatever happened to her before was some sort of a fluke, or if there had even been a threat whatever possessed her would come back.

DragonSong

Noel sighed, looking around the room. "Then I guess we'd better start looking." He glanced at Artemis, then shot his hand out and gripped her arm gently, pulling her against his side. "You stick with me, for now. Don't want you wandering off on your own in case...something happens."

Leon gave a low growl as his eyes flicked over the books, nodding in agreement.

visualspice

Artemis felt her heart leap a little when Noel pulled her close. Swallowing down the knot in her throat, she nodded. "Okay.."
And numbly began to help look around.

DragonSong

"Where'd you find the book?" Noel asked quietly. That seemed as good a place to start as any.

visualspice

"The.. the pile over there. The ones beside the cart with the wheels,"s he pointed out. "What do you think we're looking for exactly?" she asked, chewing nervously on her lip.

DragonSong

"There was a...symbol, sort of sunken into the cover of the book," Leon replied, moving toward the pile she indicated. "Noel thinks there might be some sort of medallion or something that's meant to fit into it."

visualspice

"You'd think that'd be easy to find in this sea of books," she went on with a sigh. "Still can't say I remember seeing anything like it. Perhaps it might not be with those books at all but elsewhere in the library's storage?"

DragonSong

"Great." Both brothers sighed in unison.

"Where's the rest of the storage?" Leon asked, tilting his head. "Maybe I can take a look there, you two can keep searching here."

visualspice

She gestured to the far corner.
"Over there.... but," she bit her lip. "You'll need a key."