Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Double Trouble [Archive]

Started by DragonSong, January 18, 2016, 04:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"The head librarian... he normally keeps it in his office." She frowned realizing this task was becoming less than easy. "I.... could find a way into his office," she proposed. "He keeps a spare key for it hidden."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Both brother's sighed, then nodded. "Lead the way," Noel murmured, and Leon gave a brisk nod, adding quietly, "You two focus on searching, I'll keep an eye out."

visualspice

If she hadn't felt like a criminal yet, she certainly was now as she swept past the history section and fumbled briefly through the shelves before producing a key.
"I can't believe it was so easy to predict his hiding place." She smiled in spite of the situation before moving to unlock the office door, then creeping in.

"He keeps his keys in the desk," she whispered, and lead the way.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Leon snorted softly as they followed her. "Humans are typically predictable," he murmured, a little arrogantly.

Noel elbowed him and shot him a look that quite clearly said, Shut up.

visualspice

If she thought their words were out of place, she spoke nothing of it. They entered the office, and she made sure she was the one searching through her boss's desk. There was a top drawer, shallow and it housed a fistful of keys.

She breathed with relief when she picked up the set of keys.
"These are them. Let's go." She didn't want to waste anymore time than necessary. At any moment the group could be caught.

DragonSong

Neither brother was about to argue with her haste. They followed after her, eyes flicking around warily to search their surroundings, tension practically radiating off of them.

visualspice

As they continued to move, she felt her hands shaking as she was moving through the lump of keys. Why did they all look the same and feel so unfamiliar? Why couldn't she concentrate on the task? She was too frazzled over the ordeal, afraid of being caught, getting into enough trouble to be hanged...
And that's when she dropped the keys and a small squeak escaped her lips and when her vision blurred, it was too late for her to fight back the tears.

DragonSong

"Oh."

"Shit."

Leon bent to collect the keys, fumbling and unsure as he muttered, "Look, Artemis, it's okay..."

Noel took the girl gently by the shoulders and turned her into a hug, stroking his hand over her hair. "What's wrong? Is that thing coming back?"

visualspice

Artemis yelped at the contact but her jumping heart halted the noise. She remained frozen before being able to choke out a, "N-no... I.. I'm fine I just..."
she wanted to cry. She felt so overwhelmed.

DragonSong

If there was one thing Noel was good at, it was sensing when a woman was vulnerable. He sighed softly and tightened his arms around her, running his hands up and down her back with a few soothing "shh"s.

"You're alright," he murmured. "It's okay, you're alright." He looked over her head to his brother and mouthed, Get the door open. Leon nodded and fumbled with the keys, trying to find the right one.

visualspice

Se couldn't help herself. She needed the comfort and leaned into him. She couldn't stop the tears now as they rolled hotly down her cheeks. She supposed it was best to just let them out than to keep them bottled up inside. Though she did feel immensely embarassed for it. But even still in this moment of vulnerability, her eyes lingered towards the book as she felt herself drawn towards it's location, and as she was looking at it, it seemed her tears began to fade away and her eyes looking off into some distant other world.

DragonSong

Leon finally managed to fumble the door open, the covered book tucked under one arm, so he didn't notice Artemis's look.

But Noel did. The half-demon tightened his arms around her. "Artemis?" He cupped her chin gently and tilted her head back. "Hey, sweetheart, you still with us?"

visualspice

It took but a moment, but there was a hesitation, a pause before she blinked and found herself looking at Noel rather than the location of the book.

"Huh...?" she blinked again. "What.. what do you mean?" She felt her cheeks flush. Had she inadvertently done something to embarrass herself?

DragonSong

Noel let out a soft breath and leaned in to kiss her forehead. "Nothing, darlin'. Don't worry about it."

He and Leon exchanged a quick, silent look before he gave Artemis a quick smile. "Now, why don't you help search for what we came here to snatch, yeah?"

visualspice

THe tenderness was lost on her, or she certainly would have swooned. But she knew the situation was dire and numbly nodded at his words. Turning towards the door, she entered slowly, making sure she remained as close to the brothers' sides as possible.

DragonSong

Leon and Noel flanked her, looking around warily.

With barely a warning grunt, Leon shifted to his car form. He always felt more comfortable in these sort of situations when he had claws and fangs.

visualspice

It was hard to see, then again it was still night.
"I'm not certain where we might find it," she went on, voice shaky and she, moving forward and trying to make her foot falls as sturdy as she could. Her mind, after all, was in a series of eternally tying knots. But then at the sight of the sudden large cat at her side, she couldn't help but gasp and fall into Noel.

DragonSong

"Hey, easy." He laughed quietly and caught her, holding her gently against his chest. "It's just Leon, sweetheart. See?"

The cat winced a little guiltily and turned to face her, eyes unmistakably Leon's. He chuffed quietly and stretched his head forward to nose her hip in a friendly sort of way, even offering up a quiet purr.

visualspice

She didn't even know what to make of all of this, and found the knot in her throat hard to swallow.

"Oh... okay.." she finally managed to breath out, but it seemed her legs were slowing down and felt as if they were growing heavier, as was her head.