Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Double Trouble [Archive]

Started by DragonSong, January 18, 2016, 04:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Leon licked her hand with a sandpaper tongue and gave a worried chuff.

"Artemis?" Noel searched her face. "You think you can do this? We're kinda lost without ya, doll."

visualspice

A sudden jerk had her bumping into Noel, causing the book to clatter to the ground. The heavy book remained close, but something about it made Artemis lurch forward suddenly, as a wave of dizzyness over came her.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Oh, shi- get the book," Noel barked at his brother as he lunged forward to catch the girl again. "You just can't stay on your feet around me, can ya?" he joked, though there was a hint of genuine concern in his eyes.

Leon dipped to pick the book up in his mouth, growling softly and hackles raised.

visualspice

She was dizzy, and clung to Noel for support. And as the dizziness subsided, she shivered.
"I... I'm sorry," she said softly, weakly. She didn't know what just happened, but something crackled at her skin, and made the back of her neck tense.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Don't apologize, sweetheart." Noel smiled and brushed some hair behind her ear, keeping her supported easily with one arm around her waist.

He hid it well, but Leon could sense his brother's tension and concern. Book clamped delicately between his jaws, he pressed up against the woman's side and purred quietly, rubbing his head against her leg.

visualspice

Despite the reassurance, with the book so close at hand, she shivered. She had to wonder how much longer they'd all have to deal with this and prayed to all the Gods it wasn't some sort of permanent curse. Or.. maybe it was all just a bad dream.

DragonSong

"Hey." Noel felt her shiver and placed his forefinger lightly under her chin. "Artemis, love, look here. You doing okay?"

He frowned a bit, then glanced around. "We need to get moving. Where can we go that city guards won't chase us?"

visualspice

Looking into his eyes was another awkward distraction from a more serious, frightening situation they all found themselves in. But he was handsome and she couldn't help but flush for it before nodding numbly and averting his gaze.
Love? Did he just call her love? She felt herself shiver for a very different reason. Too bad she couldn't reply to him. Noel's handsomeness caught her tongue.

DragonSong

"Artemis?" Noel's frown deepened. Was she having the start of another fit or something? She didn't seem to be responding to him.

He was honestly so on edge that the obvious answer eluded him. "Hey, Artemis. Did you hear me?"

Leon huffed, ears pressed to his skull as he twined around their legs.

visualspice

Blushing clean to her ears, she tore her eyes away and shook her head.
"N-no.. I mean, yes.. yes I'm fine I..."
Her heart was pounding so fast as she held a closed hand against it.
"I.. I think I just need... needed a minute but i... yes.. we should keep moving." Before her reason to fear came back.

DragonSong

A subtle shift in her scent made Noel's eyes widen slightly, then fight back a smirk. Oh.

Well then.

Later. He shook himself, nodded, and glanced over his shoulder. "We don't know this city, lass. Where should we go?"

visualspice

"There.. there's a second storage in the attic... But I've never been there, so I wouldn't know where to look." she bit her lip. "Since we found nothing here, that might be the next best place to look."

DragonSong

"Alright." He gave her a little squeeze, then dropped his arms and stepped back. "Take Leon and show him the way. I'll cover our tracks."

visualspice

She gave a lame nod and headed out the door. She moved quickly along the wall of books, taking the first ladder up, and then another. Eventually they were going up so high she felt dizzy and had to pause, trying to steel herself, steel her nerves and keep herself from sweating. She could do this. She had to. Lest she never awaken from this awful dream.

DragonSong

On seeing the ladder, Leon growled quietly and took his human shape. Which left him in little more than a loincloth, the only piece of clothing he'd bothered to enchant to stay with him through a shift, but he didn't seem to pay it much mind.

"Hey, lady. You alright?" He muttered as Artemis paused above him, tilting his head at her.

visualspice

She closed her eyes and tried to calm herself.
"Yes.. I just.. it..." she swallowed thickly. "I'm not a fan of heights."

DragonSong

Leon tilted his head the other way. "You're okay, lass. I'm right behind ya, alright?"

visualspice

She closed her eyes even tighter, shaking her head.
"That.. that's not the.. the problem." She felt light headed. No wonder she never went up there. Not that she was allowed but...
She never went this far up into the library before and now..... now what?
She tried to move up another step but had to stop and gripped the railing nearest to her.

DragonSong

"Artemis." Leon's voice was even and calm, maybe a little wry. "Just talk to me, lass. What are we looking for? Focus on that."

visualspice

Her fingers bit into the shelving she clung to, but couldn't get herself to move, despite his attempts. But she had already gotten herself this far, hadn't she? It was either go back... or finish this. She released a breath, whimpering as she closed her eyes more tightly before peering up so far she felt the strain in her neck. Up. She had to keep going. And with one foot slowly infront of the other, she ascended to the next level.