Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Bonds of Magic [M] [Archive]

Started by DragonSong, January 20, 2016, 10:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Yuki continued to cry and Hana had to sit at the edge of the bed, still rocking her gently. "I don't know how to do this," she mumbled under her breath. "I don't know how to do this, what am I doing, this is insane..."

Medievarad

Daisuke sat down next to her, pulling her into a gentle hug, cupping Yuki's back with his free hand. He pressed a soft kiss on her cheek. "Maybe," he answer with a soft sigh. "But we can do this, Hana, together."

He smiked softly. "I know we can."

DragonSong

Oblivious to her mother's panic, Yuki continued to wail. Hana took a few deep breaths and renewed her efforts to calm her, rocking and murmuring soothing nonsense.

Medievarad

Daisuke leaned forward, also starting to murmur along with Hanako, softly stroking Yuki's chest aswell, before he started to hum softly.

DragonSong

The baby just continued to cry, and now Hana was close to tears herself. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," she wailed. "I don't know what's wrong, sweetie, I'm sorry..."

Medievarad

Daisuke also seemed at a loss of what was wrong. Yet he had to comfort the two of them, rather than Yuki alone.

He softly squeezed Hanako's shoulder and softly started to sing a lullaby.

The one they sang together when they had just met.

DragonSong

Yuki was still crying, but miraculously she seemed to be drifting off as her wails died down to sniffles. Hana slumped and nearly cried with relief.

Medievarad

Daisuke took a deep breath, starting the lullaby again. At least something was working. As soon as he was certain Yuki had calmed down enough, Daisuke stood up straight and grabbed the basket, examining it for a short amount of time.

He then glanced at Hanako. "Do we have a spare blanket somewhere?" He asked with a faint smile.

DragonSong

She sat on the edge of the bed, head bowed over the baby. "Maybe in the main room?"

Medievarad

Daisuke nodded slowly. "Perhaps. I don't know what's best for her. Or for you," he said with a wry smile, wiping away a stray tear.

DragonSong

Hana shook her head. "I don't know how to do this," she whispered. "She's a tiny person, and we're supposed to make sure she's okay..."

Medievarad

"We'll make do," Daisuke answered with a soft sigh. "And we'll raise her to a proper, big person." He offered her a soft smile, pressing a soft kiss on her lips. "It'll be fine."

DragonSong

The kitsune whimpered a bit but didn't argue, holding Yuki closer and leaning back against him.

Medievarad

[From here on the timeskip? Or you want this to get on a bit longer? Also, how far are we jumping again?]

Daisuke held her close, still smiling softly. "We'll do this together, Hana."

DragonSong

[Yeah, here is good. And I figured like 2/3 years?]

Hana nodded sleepily, struggling to keep her eyes open. "Gods, I am not prepared for this," she muttered.

Medievarad

[Got'cha, if you need anything changed, don't be afraid to PM me ^^]

And so, three years passed. And the pair did what they always do. They made do, and after all, they seemed to be at least decent parents. After the stress of several weeks, it seemed like things looked up and slowly, among the many sleepless or short nights of parenthood, happiness returned.

It took two years for other villages to contact Daisuke, informing him of trade routes, caravans. He accepted all for the interest of the village, to make sure everyone was warm and fed. However, there were also feudal lords who wanted to take the village 'under their wing'. The truth was that they feared any kind of insurgents with free reign. But they didn't dare to send troops. After all, Daisuke had made quite the example with pushing back Kumiko.

However, he made sure other villages didn't follow his principle. It was in their best interest to stay under their feudal lords. He started to train people that were interested, after all, they still needed protection. He didn't fear an attack, yet he was quite solid on the fact that they needn't slack off. The stress started to show after three years.

What used to be a warm, jet black crown started to get littered with several grey hairs. Yet he never wavered or hesitated to spend time with Yuki or Hanako. He was taking everything on his shoulders and seemed content with it. Even though it visibly took it's toll.

And so, Daisuke was sat upon their porch one evening, cross legged with the still sealed sword on his lap. Softly playing the flute. A half empty bottle of sake next to him.

DragonSong

Kitsune did not age as mortal creatures did. Three years was not so long a span to them, but Hana felt her whole world change in that time. She may not have shown the aging the way her mate did, but it was clear in the new depth to her eyes one might occasionally notice.

She sat listening to Daisuke play, legs crossed with Yuki trapped between them as she ran a comb through the little girl's hair. Black fox ears twitched under the attention and she wriggled, trying to escape.

"Ah-ah!" Hana wrapped her arm around her daughter's middle to hold her still. "This'll only take longer the more you fight it," she pointed out.

With all of a toddler's logic, Yuki pouted, "No it won't. Don't wanna."

Medievarad

Daisuke lowered the flute, letting out a soft chuckle at the interaction. He laid the wooden instrument down on his lap and regarded mother and child with a soft smile, before looking at the setting sun.

"A lot changed, didn't it?" He murmured with a wry smirk.

DragonSong

Hana smiled a bit and nodded. She bent to press a kiss between Yuki's ears as the girl fidgeted again.

Medievarad

He rested his hands on the sword, glancing up at the settling sun. A soft sigh left him as he pushed himself up. "I have to talk with someone," he said with a soft smile. "Don't stay up for me," he added as he leaned over to press a soft kiss on Yuki's cheek. "Sleep well," he murmured to her, before standing up straight and making his way down the small porch.