Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Bonds of Magic [M] [Archive]

Started by DragonSong, January 20, 2016, 10:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

"Papa." Yuki reached up for him, frowning, but Hana shushed her, standing with the child on her hip.

"Be home soon," she murmured with a small smile before turning to go inside.

Medievarad

He walked over to Hana, leaning over to press a soft kiss on Yuki's forehead, before standing up, pressing a soft kiss on Hanako's lips. "Won't be long," he promised with a soft smile.

At that, he made his way down once again glancing over his shoulder with a soft smile before leaving.

He made his way down the path, soon to be joined by the small figure of Izuki. They both made their way to a rather secluded spot.

Izuki sighed softly. "So, you felt it too?" She inquired after glancing around to make sure there weren't any obvious on-lookers. "The avatar has been released. We'll be targeted soon." Daisuke nodded slowly. "I feared such.. I don't want to fight." Izuki shook her head. "Allow me to plant these powers in others. Make a band of people like us, volunteers."

DragonSong

Hana's tails twitched absently as she moved inside, Yuki's arms around her neck and her head on her shoulder. The toddler was quickly falling asleep and she rolled her eyes with a small smile.

"Little terror," she murmured affectionately, kissing her temple as she moved to lay the girl on the small cot that had been placed at the foot of the bed once the child was big enough to leave her cradle. 

Medievarad

It took several minutes for Daisuke, shaking his head bitterly. "I won't allow it," he murmured with a soft sigh. "You know the night terrors associated. You know the pain one suffers for this," he answered, scowling slightly.

Izuki grit her teeth, shaking her head. "So, then what?! We let ourselves be killed by that thing?! Without fighting?!" It was the first time he witnessed Izuki raising her voice. She was always calm and cold. Yet this time, she seemed afraid. "No, we'll give it a fight. But if we let more people tap into the shadows, the avatar will only grow more volatile. More powerful."

Izuki hissed bitterly. "People will die," she gestured a the katana to his side. "You even come to meet one of your operatives alone, in the forest with a sword you have vowed to never use again. What are you even thinking?!"

Daisuke shook his head. "Because I trust you," he clapped a hand on her shoulder. "Give me time to think. I will consider it," he finally sighed.

With that said, Daisuke turned around and made his way out of the forest, back towards their house. He picked up the bottle and made his way inside.

DragonSong

Hana was curled up around a sleeping Yuki, the girl having refused to sleep in her own bed. The kitsune was nearly asleep herself, ears barely twitching when she heard her mate's approach.

Medievarad

Daisuke, placed the bottle down on theher table with the mental promise of cleaning it up later. He softly pushed open the door of their bedroom and immediately adjusted his step to be more silent.

He stripped down his vest and most garments, silently crawling underneath the sheets and slowly drifting off.

To a rather distressed and fitful sleep.

DragonSong

Hana shifted over automatically to make more room for Daisuke, then she was asleep again, well and truly exhausted from a day of chasing an energetic toddler- who was beginning to show an aptitude for her mother's magic.

Medievarad

It seemed he settled in the night, right up until he almost jumped up, his good eye wide. A soft panting came from him as icy cold sweat traveled down his body.

As soon as he got a grip on reality, Daisuke sighed softly and rested his head in his hands, trying to focus more on the two next to him, rather than the whispers that had started to cloud his mind for some days now.

DragonSong

Hana was awake in an instant. "Daisuke?" She reached out to touch his arm, her other hand stroking Yuki's back as the girl stirred slightly.

Medievarad

He took a deep breath and rested a hand on Hanako's. "Just a dream," he whispered softly.

DragonSong

Convinced her daughter was still asleep, Hana shifted to wrap both arms around his waist. "Go back to sleep," she murmured. "I'm right here."

Medievarad

Daisuke nodded slowly, managing to enforce a faint smile. "I know," he answered in a hushed voice. "I love you," he added as he slowly laid down again. He took another deep breath and closed his eyes again. "It was just a dream," Daisuke murmured softly.

DragonSong

Hana nodded and stretched up to kiss his forehead. "Sleep, love," she murmured, closing her eyes.

Medievarad

He let out a soft breath. "Yes," he only murmured in response, closing his eyes briefly.

It didn't take him longer than ten minutes for him to slowly get up, making his way out of the room.

DragonSong

"Papa?" Yuki rubbed her eyes and raised her head sleepily. "Where ya goin'?"

Medievarad

"Just outside, sweetie," Daisuke answered with a tender smile, heart warming at the question. "Papa needs some fresh air. You keep mommy warm," he whispered softly, before stepping out.

He made his way to their small porch, picking up his flute on the way through. He settled on his knees with a soft grunt and looked up the night sky, before raising a hand to his face.

A silent sob following.

DragonSong

"M'kay." Yuki settled down again, curving into her mother and wrapping her puffy black tail over her own legs as she curled up.

Hana opened her eyes a few minutes later and glanced around. "Daisuke?" She kept her voice soft in an effort not to wake the child.

Medievarad

He wasn't currently in the room, so her call went unanswered.

Outside, Daisuke took a deep breath to steady himself. He sat back in a more casual manner. Thoughts overtook him. Those mostly consisted of this so called avatar.

DragonSong

"Mama?"

Hana winced. Seemed she'd woken the girl after all. "It's okay, sweetling. I'm just gonna go see where Papa went, okay?" She dipped her head to kiss Yuki's brow and climbed out of bed carefully.

Medievarad

He remained in thought, even as Hanako stepped out on the porch and joined him eventually. He was looking at the small flight of stairs before him. A frown plastered on his face.