Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Bonds of Magic [M] [Archive]

Started by DragonSong, January 20, 2016, 10:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Hana remained quiet as she settled herself beside her mate, two of her tails wrapping around his waist silently. The other two- she had four now, having earned another soon after Yuki's birth- folded into her lap.

She knew he'd talk when he was ready.

Medievarad

Daisuke glanced at her as the tail wrapped around, before he returned back to staring off into the distance. Complacent and silent. It took him several minutes before he spoke, either because he couldn't find the right words or because he was still lost in thought. Chances were, it was either of those.

"I'm scared," he admitted with a soft sigh. Those, that was a right start, or so he told himself. "The dream- Nightmares are getting worse. The voices are becoming louder," he sighed softly. "And it's not only me. Izuki told me the same."

DragonSong

Hana was quiet for a few moments.

"Okay," she said slowly. "So. What's the next step?"

Medievarad

"I.. Don't know," Daisuke answered, taking a deep breath to try and soothe himself. "I don't even know how it'll escalate from here. But it will."

DragonSong

She shook her head and leaned against him. "Then we take things as they come."

Medievarad

A soft sigh left the half orc. "I.. It'll get worse. The voices.. The dreams. It's a spiral, Hana."

DragonSong

Hana twisted her head to kiss his shoulder.

"Like I said. We'll take it as it comes." She stood and held her hand out to him. "Come on. It's late, you've had a long day, and your daughter will want to see you when she wakes up."

Medievarad

Daisuke clasped his hand in hers, letting out a soft grunt as he pulled himself up. A faint smile on his face. "I'd hate to disappoint her," he agreed, leaning in to press a soft kiss on her lips. "Thanks," Daisuke murmured softly as he stood up straight again, before wrapping an arm around her shoulder. Only to start moving back inside the house while holding her close.

DragonSong

"Mhm. It's what I'm here for," Hana murmured, smiling slightly as she led him back to their room.

Medievarad

"No, for so much more," Daisuke whispered softly, accompanied by a soft squeeze on her shoulder. He rested his hand on the door and took a deep breath. "We.. Should think about a room for Yuki," he said with another soft whisper, trying to meet her eyes. "Y'know.. For when it gets.. Worse."

DragonSong

"Daisuke." She turned and laid her hands gently on his waist, looking up at him. She nodded slowly. "Okay. But you know she's only going to sneak back in here if she has a nightmare or something."

She rocked up onto her toes to kiss him. "She's love you. We both do."

Medievarad

He returned the soft kiss, pulling her closer against him. "I know she will.. But she won't have a nightmare each night," he answered with a soft chuckle. Unlike him, she wouldn't.

"I know you do. I know Yuki does.. I love you both as much as possible," Daisuke said with a soft sigh. "That's why I want to save her from the sight of her father jolting upwards in the middle of the night, muttering incoherently. I don't want to  scare her."

DragonSong

Hana sighed and nodded again. "Alright." She kissed him again, then laced her fingers through his and pulled him to the bed. "But that can be a problem for tomorrow.

Yuki stirred slightly, perhaps roused a bit by the noise, and curled into a tight little ball so her fluffy black tail was almost covering her face.

Medievarad

Daisuke nodded softly. "I'll add it to the list," he jested with a soft grin, shaking his head.

The former samurai got into bed again, resting down behind Yuki's back. He snorted softly and scooted closer to draw the little girl in, cuddling her softly, arm raised as an invitation to Hana as well. One of the advantages of being as big as he was.

DragonSong

The kitsune smiled and snuggled into the bed, curling her body around Yuki's and subsequently tucking her head against his chest. "Get some rest."

Medievarad

"I will," he murmured, closing his eyes and once more, trying to catch some sleep. And soon, he did drift off into a deep sleep. Gods knew he needed it, he was exhausted from the past days. Stress taking it's toll.

He woke up in the morning as the sun peaked through the blinders. Daisuke grunted softly, sitting up, rubbing the back of his head.

DragonSong

Hana woke when she felt her mate stirring, and Yuki grumbled something and rolled over onto her back, ears twitching and nose scrunched up.

Medievarad

He glanced down at Yuki and smiled softly, shaking his head. But regardless, he got up, before tucking both Yuki and Hanako back in. He walked out the room, to their small kitchen area to prepare breakfast.

DragonSong

Hana sat up a bit and covered a yawn with her hand, watching him go with a very small frown.

Medievarad

It took several moments before the scent of fried eggs and re-heated stew would fill the bedroom. The sizzling and crackling of fire audible.