Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

How to Tame a Madman [Goblin]

Started by Juno, February 14, 2016, 08:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

'No, nothing like that,' he huffed, wondering just what kinds of things she expected of him to even be asking that. 'I meant my fire, not the eating. I can't imagine it would be terribly unsafe.' After all he wasn't oblivious to the history of his kind, how many of his brethren submitted themselves to the whims of man as strange battle steeds. He didn't think it could be too dangerous if that was something that happened regularly enough.

'I don't need any more, but... Well, you don't have to eat all at once,' he pointed out, not seeing an issue in carrying the rest back for her. It would at least keep her from complaining about a lack of human food, though why he was even concerned with that he had no idea.

Without another word he shook his head and took a step back from the carcass. He exhaled deeply and without drawing in another breath allowed his inner fire to rise up and spout from his opened maw. The cow was quickly engulfed in flame as was a bit of the grass around it, but it didn't take long at all for him to blacken the whole thing to a satisfying char. How else could she possibly want it cooked?

Pleased with his work he slowly let the fire die off, licking at his fangs for a moment as he allowed the last of the smoke to be expelled through his nose.

GoblinFae

She felt a bit silly for not thinking about his fire in such a way but let it go as quickly as she thought of it. Xibalba had been right; he did get hot. Eireann found herself running her hands across the scales of his back and shoulders in front of her to feel the heat spreading through his body. She was so focused on the sensation of what was going on beneath her that she all but missed his impressive fire display in front of her. The young woman only noticed that it had even occurred when the scent of charred flesh reached her nose.

"You set it on fire!" she squawked, sliding off his back quickly to examine the carcass closer. "Xi!" Eireann whined, turning to look at him with a bit of a pout before sighing and smiling. "We're going to have to work on that a bit in the future me thinks." Shaking her head to keep form laughing she absentmindedly added, "thanks."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

'Of course I set it on fire!' he complained incredulously. What else was he supposed to do with it?! Wasn't that how humans cooked? His memories were fuzzy but he definitely knew fire was involved. And it had such a nice char to it, too. Shame.

He focused on one particular word, though, her backhanded insult to his "cooking" forgotten. 'Don't go getting any grand ideas about your future,' he warned, snorting in irritation but not taking it any further than that. 'That was a favor, not going to be a regular thing.' Probably. 'If I were you I'd be more concerned about how you're going to convince me to keep you alive until tomorrow.'

GoblinFae

Eireann rolled her eyes at his complaints and warnings. "If you may recall you volunteered the fire. I was going to do it myself. As for tomorrow," she shrugged, "well this is more than enough food to keep me fed for the next couple of days so as long as you aren't going to eat it and don't want it going to waste and stinking up your den then you might as well keep me around just to save you the hassle of dealing with it more than you have to.

"So," she declared, turning to face him fully, "now that that's out of the way, did you want me to eat this here or did you want to head home and have me finish it up there?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Briefly he wanted to make a snarky remark about how he wouldn't have to worry about it if he simply refused to bring the food along or killed her outright before heading home to his den. Somehow he doubted she would ever allow him that. But why was he even concerned with what a crazy human woman would and wouldn't allow? That was ridiculous on its own.

'If you are hungry now as you said you were you can eat now,' he insisted, tapping a claw upon the ground impatiently. 'Or I will go home and...I guess you can eat there instead.' His seeming inability to just order her to do one or the other was worrisome.

Xi snorted his frustration, shaking his head in quiet contemplation before hunkering down closer to the ground and adjusting his wings to allow her to climb on if she wished to.

GoblinFae

For several seconds she blinked at him in surprised silence before giggling softly. "I do believe you completely managed to not answer my question." Her stomach gurgled though loudly, demanding that if at all possible that she not wait any longer than necessary to eat. "Well I suppose that answers that though," she laughed harder.

Before skipping over to the the still smoldering beef Eireann turned back to Xibalba and once more gave him a firm hug. "Thank you for food!" she cheerfully declared. Plopping herself down in front of it, she slipped a small knife out from her belt and began to meticulously cut away strips that were small enough for her to chew. Disregarding proper etiquette and the temperature of the meat she easily busied herself with munching on it happily.

"So good," she moaned between bites as some of the red juices leaked down her arm to her elbow. Despite her prior concerns the dark outside had hidden a perfectly juicy and pink inside. Xibalba had cooked the cut of beef to perfection. "Thank you!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Again he wanted to snap at her for what he saw as attitude, her playfulness seeming more like snark to him than anything. His sour thoughts were silenced by her hug, though, the unusual contact shocking the dragon as much as her genuine happiness.

Why should she even be happy about the stupid cow? He rumbled with uncertainty as he watched her cut into the meat that remained on the carcass, surprised by how she seemed so happy with such a simple thing as food. Had she not eaten in a week or something?

'It is just fire,' he reminded her, uncomfortable with the idea that he'd done her any favors. 'Just lucky, I guess. Have you not...fed on meat in a long time?' he guessed, somehow feeling a pang of pity at the idea.

GoblinFae

Eireann happily cut more meat for herself, wolfing it down without any ceremony as if it was the best thing she had ever eaten. "Not fresh meat," she answered between gulping bites. "Mostly dried meats and if they were fresh certainly not beef. A few rabbits and birds will satisfy but nothing beats good juicy, tender cow. Mmm!" She moaned her delight as she licked her lips and fingers while continuing to gorge herself. "You know the road is a fun place to be but the comforts of home that allow for a good roast are sorely missed."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

He listened with interest, trying to contain his disgust at her choice of diet. It did not seem fitting at all in his mind to have such small creatures, even as a human. He felt validated in his feelings just from watching the way she ate like a starved woman.

'Is that your way of saying I make you feel at home?' he wondered curiously, hoping that was not the case as he'd been doing his best to make her situation uncomfortable. In his mind at least he had been.

GoblinFae

She paused in her eating as she began to deeply contemplate his query. "You know I actually hadn't thought of that. Now that you mention it though I guess you might be right. It's at the very least a nice holiday. Thank you for that!" Eireann beamed up at him, her eyes dancing with happiness as she finally polished off the last of the food she was able to consume. With a hearty groan, the young traveler flopped back into the grass and placed the back of one arm over her eyes and the other over her rather round stomach. "So full," she declared lowly. "So good!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

His eyes widened in surprise, not at all expecting her to answer that way. Somehow it made him feel he was doing an extremely poor job, he never wanted to be thanked by a human for anything. He was Xibalba, he did no favors.

With a snort he lowered his head closer to her body in the grass, snorting hot air as he sniffed at her like he had any chance of scenting out what he'd done for things to be so wrong and sideways. Tilting his head he studied her stomach for a moment, looking between the remains of the carcass and her a few times.

'Full? You look pregnant,' he complained mildly, brushing his nose to her arm as he hunkered down into the grass. 'If you are done we must leave,' he prompted her, a little annoyed he needed to remind her of it with his plans so obviously fallen apart.

GoblinFae

"Food baby," she sighed tiredly as if speech alone was too much of a physical effort for her. Weakly Eireann patted her full belly which let off a rather solid thump. Mumbling she added, "moving isn't feeling rather plausible at this particular moment in time, Xi." The young woman shut her eyes again and groaned, wishing she could curl in on herself but feeling too bloated to do so. "I don't feel so well," she murmured in a slightly pained voice.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Xibalba huffed in agitation, standing quickly and pacing around her. He couldn't believe she'd overeaten like some child with no self-restraint. 'Then you shouldn't have eaten so much,' he scolded, his mind's voice still displaying a bit of his tension and irritation with her.

'I am leaving,' he declared stubbornly, pacing a bit more before he suddenly fled from the pasture, launching himself into the air. He circled her, green eyes glowering at the human female as he climbed higher and higher. But then...he suddenly felt compelled to bring her along.

He descended again, hovering a little ways above her, giving a short bellow as he contemplated how to lift her. In the end he simply swooped in, scooping her up between his forepaws before lifting away from the ground in a few powerful flaps of his wings, fully intending on carrying her all the way back to his den that way.

GoblinFae

Eireann waved after the dragon as he took off. "Bye!" A mighty yawn broke her speech before she continued, "I'll catch up with you after!" She had no sooner said that though then the dragon was trumpeting back at her and swooping in to carry her off back home. "Or not, I suppose." The human shook her head in disbelief and settled in for the short return journey. "You could have left me you know. I would have crawled back eventually."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

He angled himself towards the home he knew by heart, rolling his eyes at the woman's words. 'I know you would that's why I had to do it. If you had to crawl back yourself I have a feeling I would never hear the end of it. I didn't want to subject myself to unnecessary pain.'

Xi truly didn't understand why she seemed to actually enjoy being lifted up and flying at what to others probably would have been terrifying speeds, though. Perhaps she was just very good at hiding her fear, that was all he could really assume about the strange woman besides that her eyes were obviously larger than her stomach.

'I'm going to set you down now, please don't vomit in my den if you can help it. Would be messy and you'd be the one cleaning it up,' he warned her, very gingerly setting her down at the rocky entrance to his mountain home while struggling to keep himself aloft and steady.

GoblinFae

She laughed, knowing it to be true. Had he left her she most certainly would have returned and with a whole slew of complaints as well. Her arms still spread out though to enjoy the wind flowing around them as they flew home. There was not a single trace of fear in her for this. Flying was quickly becoming her most favorite activity in the whole world.

"I think I'm good," she assured him, rolling out of his grasp and further into the den so that he could get through as well. "Seems the fresh air did some good. What happens to the rest of the carcass though? Are you going back for it?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

At the mention of the carcass the dragon snorted and scoffed, a low growl rumbling in his chest as he landed and got himself righted on the floor of the den. 'Go back? It's leftovers now. I'm not a desperate scavenger that must keep his rotting food beside him at all times or lose it and starve. I hunt when I want, I eat my fill. Lesser creatures may eat after I'm finished with it,' he explained, tossing his head in agitation at the mere suggestion, though it had been a fair one.

'I'll allow you to go back for it if by some miracle you're still hungry after gorging yourself. But we ate there and as far as I'm concerned it's staying there.'

GoblinFae

"Bit of a waste though, don't ya think?" she commented, completely unperturbed by his superior attitude towards hunting and food. Eireann patted her distended stomach contentedly. "I believe I won't be hungry for a couple of hours at least. I've got myself a nice food baby cooking right here. But what about you? Given the amount of remains, I doubt you gorged yourself to the extent I did. Will you be hungry again soon?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

'No. I'll eat when I'm next hungry. Maybe a tonight, maybe tomorrow.' He half-raised his wings, stretching them slightly in the space of the cave before settling them back against his body and moving closer to his nest. He eyed her stomach as he passed, silently curious how she might ever find more room for food by day's end when she'd gorged so much already.

'Why does it matter to you? Humans are not normally so curious about me as long as they know they won't be my next meal,' he pointed out with a huff, climbing into his nest and curling himself against the worn hollow inside.

GoblinFae

Eireann snorted at his remarks before very carefully rolling up onto her hands and knees. "Since when am I most humans? I am dragonkin. I am no mere pitiable," she declared boldly before groaning as her stomach gurgled in protest of being overstuffed. "Mistakes were made," she softly added as she began to extra slowly crawl her way over to his nest in hopes of climbing back in and curling up.

"You can't fault me for asking. Since when aren't dragons interested in boasting about themselves and their narcissistic habits? Sure you're not going to eat me but have I really thrown you that much off your game?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]