Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

[M] Clash of the Titans

Started by Blizzard, February 26, 2016, 06:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

@Heretic King

XXX

Dark storm clouds blocked the sun's golden rays over the frigid wasteland. White snow and ice covered the flat landscape for as far as the eye could see. Freezing winds blew in sharp gusts, with snowflakes accompanying it. Deep, ominous thunder rolled in the distance.

High above the ground, adorned in golds and whites that contrasted sharply will the darkened sky, a flame against the darkness, floating silently, and effortlessly, was an angel.

His name was Addaiel, shepherd of mankind, warrior of light, and horseman of death. He was a youthful-looking, anthropomorphic snow leopard who looked in appearance to be of age twenty five. He was much older than that, but one would never guess from his near flawless physique.

As his great, white wings held him aloft with ease, he stared below solemnly, at a great brute in heavy armor whom he once called friend. But the wretch below had long since been corrupted, had long since felt the embrace of darkness on his soul.

They'd fought over the years, each battle becoming increasingly brutal. The angel, although bound by oath to slay minions of darkness, found himself hesitant to bring his blade to this man in particular, who at one time in his life was a grand paladin; a hero. Addaiel had personally shepherded this creature, whose name was Limadan, into greatness. It broke his heart. Despite Limadan's numerous deeds of cruelty and animosity, Addaiel was positive that somewhere within his blackened heart lay a sliver of his former self. For that reason, the immortal guardian would not kill him.

"...Limadan," he spoke above the howling winds, in a voice full of regret and anguish, and a longing for their comradeship of the past. "I beg you! Repent of your ways! Let me help you, old friend! You are poisoned by your unholy matron! You are not yourself!"

He knew the plea was mostly futile, but he had to try, like always.

Medievarad

A loud, rumbling laughter thundered across the frozen wasteland as Limadan heard the plea. He had felt a great influx of power. It sickened him. And there was only one man who could flex this amount of power. None other than Addaiel. None other than the man who nurtured his holy powers in a past long gone and forgotten. None other than the man who knew him by his original name of Siegfried. That's why he came to investigate.

And it seemed his assumptions were correct.

"You are blind, Addaiel!  Blind and weak!" His voice thundered across the frozen wastes. His thundering voice was accompanied by thousands of other pained whispers. Indicating his corruption had reached a new level. Ot only seemed to worsen over the years.

"You are blind, I have seen the void. I have been revived with its powers! I have witnessed the truth!" Antagonised screams and lamenting moans resounded as deep green and black corpses slowly crawled from the cracks between the ice. "My army of souls.." He said as he looked at the various creatures coming into existence. "They will devour you! And you will become part of my spectral army!"

Blizzard

Addaiel closed his eyes in dejection, maintaining control on his emotions. He gazed upon the corrupted soul with tired eyes. They'd done this dance for years, and it seemed today would be no different.

Addaiel raised a hand towards the heavens, and below a golden mist began to form. Out of the mist stalked several ethereal lions. They each were as big as two men, their manes like flickering flame, their eyes like burning suns. Their pelts were crafted of golden straw, and their fangs were like daggers. They were pure beings of light, created to serve their master, the angel of death.

Each roared at their foes, at their prey, with voices like those of grand armies charging into battle. Addaiel raised an eyebrow in challenge to Limadan. The poor child had seemed to have forgotten; he had an army as well.

Addaiel didn't summon his sword. Bringing a weapon to bear signified that blood would be spilled. Addaiel didn't want to kill Limadan, and so he remained unarmed.

"There is no truth in the Lady in Gray." Addaiel retorted firmly. "There is no truth in the void. Only lies, and deceit, and false godhood, meant to make abominations out of foolish men. You have become an abomination, Siegfried, but there is still hope for you. You have not fully embraced the darkness."

Medievarad

Limadan stepped forward as he pulled the guantlet off of his left hand. "I'll show you the power of the void," his left arm was pitch black, oddly textured as if it was ethereal, a mere mist. Dark green chains slowly floated around the arm. The brute raised the corrupted arm and grabbed the first lion, smacking it to the ground. The dark chains immediatly surrounded the creature and crushed it out of existence.

He snarled loudly, his spectral army charging forward. "You know nothing. Siegfried is long dead."

Blizzard

Addaiel's eyes narrowed dangerously. Below, the space between them became a battlefield. His lions were not difficult to kill, but what they lacked in individual strength they made up for in numbers. For the undead horde unleashed by the Heretic King, it was an even fight.

Lightning flashed, and Addaiel was gone. Vanished in thin air. But as soon as he'd vanished, lightning flashed once more, this time behind the towering brute. He used his wings to propel himself forward. The angel readied a leg for a flying side kick into the center of Limadan's back.

"He is not dead! He is alive, yet living a life worse than death! He has been brainwashed; robbed of the mighty power he once wielded in service to the common good!" the big cat snapped.

Medievarad

Limadan turned around, taking the devastating kick right to the stomach. The strength of the blow sending both their minions flying. Ruptured lungs, blood trickled from Limadan's mouth, running down from underneath the mask. He grinned slowly. "I will clip these wings of yours!"

The floor cracked underneath the sudden influx of power, more of his spectral army rose from the cracked ice and crawled onto his back, morphing together in a disgusting pair of dreadful wings. "Addaiel! Fight me with ALL your strength!"

Blizzard

Addaiel snarled. To fight with his full strength would mean to use lethal methods. He would not kill Limadan. Not while he could still do anything to help him. Addaiel knew that Limadan held back as well, unwilling to kill the angel so long as he wasn't at his full power. They would maim, wound, strike, but never kill.

"I will not!" he shouted and flew high. He tucked in his wings and dive bombed Limadan, an armored fist pulled back and ready to strike.

Medievarad

Limadan answered the snarl with a menacing growl. "Then I will hurt you untill you do!" He barked in return, wih one mighty slam of his wings, he extended the corrupted arm to catch Addaiel's charge, the chains ilmediatly winding around his arm.

Given this was a succes, Limadan slammed his foot down on Addaiel's and stepped passed him. Aiming to dislocate his shoulder and get into his back.

Blizzard

Addaiel foresaw the move, and so while still in Limadan's grip, he teleported away in a flash of lightning powerful enough to at least send the brute reeling. Addaiel reappeared instantly several feet away in a crouch.

Addaiel then raised his arm towards Limadan, and from behind him seven of his lions rushed towards the Heretic King, fangs bared. They spread out, intent on attacking from several angles, and restraining Limadan long enough for Addaiel to rush forward and deliver a punch to his jaw.

Medievarad

Limadan staggered backwards, the chains slowly wrapping around his corrupted arm. He let out a frustrated roar, "stop running, you coward!" Was what he said with a loud, thundering voice. His lackeys attacked him and held him in place long enough for a smack on his mask. Giving a heavy and loud clunk.

With a roar, his wings spread once more and he smacked all of Addaiel's troops surrounding him away, charging forward into him to topple him to the floor and get ontop of him, propelled forward by a mighty slam of his wings.

Blizzard

Addaiel did not anticipate the charge. Within moments of hitting Limadan, Addaiel felt as if he'd been struck by a charging ox. There was a moment of weightlessness before the air was knocked out of the angel, and a heavy weight pressed upon him.

Although dazed and confused, Addaiel instinctively brought his powerful, golden shield to bear to block any follow up attacks. The only thing that could break it was repeated blows from magical blasts or enchanted weapons and armor.

Medievarad

Limadan raised his left arm and smacked down on the shield, before bringing up his right arm and smacking down once more, repeating the constant punches like a madman, and his armour was enchanted, and his left arm was the pinnacle of corruption, so the shield started to crack under his tremendous punches.

Blizzard

Then, the shield broke.

Addaiel's world became pain.

Devastating, horrendously powerful blows slammed into him repeatedly. He could feel blood gushing from wounds across his face and muzzle.  The back of his head cracked from being slammed against the hard ice. He felt several of his long fangs pop loose in his mouth.

His vision was getting darker. Time was slowing. He was...

...He was...

Heart pounding, head screaming, and full of terror at the sight of his approaching death, Addaiel summoned his sword...

...And blindly swiped upwards at Limadan...

Medievarad

The last punch seemed to be just that tad harder than the rest. But he was stopped as a sword slid right through his armour, through his chest. His eyes widened in sudden realization.

He coughed up blood, trickling behind the mask and dripping on Addaiel's face. He pushed himself off as blood gushed down from the wound. He tore the mask of his face as he coughed up even more. Yet, a slow smirk plastered on his face as he closed his hand around the hilt of the sword, pulling it from his chest with one painful yank. "At last.."

A slow chuckle turned to a menacing and thundering laughter.

"At last!" He cried out as he pulled his own greatsword from his back, several of his souls scattering. The material they consisted off slowly pouring into the wound, slowly sealing itself once more. "Let's do this!" His eyes lit up with a new-found fire. "Addaiel!" He cried out his foe's name as he charged forward, sword raised above his head.

Blizzard

Addaiel's eyes widened in shock and horror at the sudden realization of what he'd just done. His jaw dropped, and he struggled to find words.

...He'd broken the barrier. He'd tried to kill Limadan...

"No...!" he whispered fearfully, gazing distraught upon Limadan's charging form. He scrambled to his feet, wiped blood from his snout, focused, and then brought his shield to bear once more, stopping the downward strike dead in its tracks. There was a loud, hollow clang of steel upon steel.

"I won't!" he grunted as he strained against the force of the blow, holding the sword stationary. It was all spiraling out of control. The dance they'd danced for all these years seemed to be nearing its end. A tear rolled down the holy creature's cheek.

"I won't kill you!"

Medievarad

Limadan only let out a bellowing laughter as they clashed. "Are your principles this weak?!" He yelled out. "HATE ME, DETEST ME, KILL ME," he roared as he raised his sword and slamming it down on the shield repeatedly.

Blizzard

Those words tore at the angel's soul. Addaiel couldn't bear to hear his old friend beg him to kill him. It weakened his resolve further, which in turn weakened the shield. It broke, but Addaiel was safely away in a flash of light. He materialized behind Limadan, choking back hot tears of anguish.

He had to leave. Limadan would surely kill him, and he didn't quite have the heart to do the same in return.

And so, Addaiel commanded his lions to desist in their assault on Limadan's own forces, and all at once charge the Heretic King.

Addaiel rushed forward, using the lions as a distraction while he summoned his sword. The corrupted arm seemed to be a major source of his power. Addaiel struck downwards upon it, hoping to sever it from Limadan's body.

"G-Goodbye, old friend."

Whether or not the arm came off, Addaiel wouldn't know, because all at once he and the Heavenly Pride disappeared in a massive lightning storm.

The battlefield became silent once more, the only noise being the eerie, howling wind...

Medievarad

Limadan let out a loud, frustrated roar. He turned around with an incredible slam of his wings to face Addaiel once more. All of the creatures that charged him were knocked back due to the shear force.

But he was too late, with a loud, growled cry, Limadan fell to his knees as the corrupted arm was sliced off, putting his hand on his shoulder. Even though he was already gone, Limadan spat "Addaiel. You bastard."