Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Song of the Sea [Juno]

Started by DragonSong, March 22, 2016, 04:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

"I..." She hedged, biting her lip. "I want to, Yan," she admitted after a moment. "I really want to." With a shrug and a small smile, she added, "Besides, you're a dragon- I mean, if something goes wrong you can get us safe, right?"

She was only half teasing. It seemed impossible to her that a creature like him would really need to fear anything. Except perhaps another of his kind, she supposed.

Juno

Yan lowered his head closer to her eye level, feeling rather guilty for voicing doubts about the first sign of help they'd gotten so far. 'Right, nothing to fear. I would keep you safe, I would just rather you not be in danger in the first place,' he offered in explanation, leaning in to playfully butt at her shoulder. 'I was just curious, is all. About your impression. I don't find myself needing to place my trust in others often. Despite my...purpose, I'm quite solitary if you'd believe that.'

DragonSong

"Oh, I believe it," Ash teased. She scratched his brow lightly and wrapped and arm around his neck. "I'm sure it'll be fine." She wasn't entirely sure if she was trying to reassure him or herself.

Juno

Yan rolled his eyes, playfully plucking at her clothes with his teeth for a moment for her teasing. 'Well that's settled. Do you want to stay here until morning or find shelter somewhere else to rest?' He looked skyward before adding, 'I wouldn't mind the effort.'

DragonSong

She giggled and batted lightly at his nose in retaliation, then let her hands rest on top of his head with a soft sigh.

"If you're...sure you don't mind, I wouldn't say no to sleeping out of the open air," she murmured with a small smile.

Juno

'It's nothing. You're light as air anyway, I hardly notice you,' he teased, butting his head lightly against her hands before turning and hunkering down into the sand so she wouldn't have to climb so far.

'I think it'll get too cold here anyway with the wind. I'll find us a cave or hollow somewhere.'

DragonSong

Laughing and shoving his head lightly, Ash moved to climb up onto his back. "Right then. Thanks, m'lad," she said with a smile as she settled herself onto his back. She leaned out over his neck to scratch gently at his scales.

Juno

'M'lad? That's a new one,' he snorted, though he settled to a contented rumbling as he carefully took them back into the air at the feel of her hand upon his scales.

Staying close to the ground he circled the area lazily, eyeing every crevice in the rocks until he found one wide enough to allow a human through to the shelter within. 'Try in here,' he told her, landing as smoothly as he could nearby. 'I don't think I'll fit, but I can stand guard out here for you. Make sure nothing comes after you.'

DragonSong

Ash started to slide off him, then paused, still hanging partially off his side. "Wait, what? What would come after me?"

She stared at his face, eyes wide. "Maybe I could just...camp under your wing or somehting?"

Juno

Yan pouted at that -or at least his best dragon's pout-. 'There is always danger in life. It isn't good to let your guard down. I don't want you getting dragged off by a siren that catches sight of you, if you must know. Besides, you'd be warmer in there I'd think.'

He craned his neck to nudge at her hip, convinced it was the best thing for her to properly take shelter for the night.

DragonSong

She squeaked and only clung to him tighter when he bumped her hip. "A siren?" Her eyes were very wide- she'd heard plenty of ghastly tales about those creatures.

But she didn't want him to think she couldn't handle herself. Reluctantly, she let go and took a few steps back. "Oh, alright, fine," she grumbled, moving toward the cave so she could peer inside.

Juno

Yan rolled his eyes and shook his head at her initial stubbornness, watching her closely as she moved away from him at last.

'It's for your safety,' he reminded her, stepping cautiously after her and poking his head inside to inspect it with his own eyes. 'It's dark...but I don't think any animals call this their home. You should be safe here. And I'll be right outside if you need me.'

DragonSong

"Yes, yes." Ash waved him off with a small smile, trying to seem less tense than she felt. "Alright. Get some sleep, big guy." She patted his flank, eyed the little cave with some distaste, and ducked inside.

Juno

He watched her go inside, rumbling quietly in affirmation. Trying to get settled for the night he curled himself up in front of the entrance, resting his head so that he could hear both inside and outside clearly. It was nearly the middle of nowhere and there was probably nothing to worry about, but Yan didn't want any harm coming to her over his own negligence.

DragonSong

The cave was dim and a little damp, but that was to be expected. Ash grumbled a bit to herself as she tried to settle into a semi-comfortable position and sleep.

She was tired, physically and mentally, but the excitement of what was happening seemed to be catching up to her and it took her a while to actually get to sleep. She tossed and turned a bit once she had, unable to find a comfortable position against the chilled stone.

Juno

Yan remained still as a statue through the night, sleeping lightly until the first caws of morning from the seabirds roused him. He peered into the cave by the dim light, satisfied that Aishling was still where he'd left her.

Standing up carefully he stretched and yawned, billowing his wings a bit before giving them a shake and stepping away from the cave to look further down the beach. It looked empty but it was still early and the sun had yet to breach the horizon. They had time.

'Are you awake?' he probed gently, not wanting to wake Ash too abruptly but knowing they had a schedule to keep.

DragonSong

The first stirrings outside began to rouse her, and his voice in her head was enough to bring her fully to consciousness. Ash sat up and stretched, wincing as her body protested being in such a cramped position for so long.

"Morning," she yawned, crawling back out into the light and squinting. "You sleep alright?"

Juno

'Well enough. I just don't like to sleep on rocks if I can help it,' he admitted. 'Water is a much nicer bed.' Noticing her squinting he turned to stretch a wing over her protectively, thinking it might have been the change of light bothering her. 'Would you like any breakfast first or are you ready to go back to our meeting spot?'

DragonSong

"I know what you mean," she grumbled, rubbing at her sore neck. She offered him a smile and leaned into his side gratefully for the shade.

"Oh, I'm fine," she murmured through a yawn, though her stomach suddenly rumbled, contradicting her words, and she blushed.

Juno

Yan nudged her gently and rumbled his amusement, shaking his head as he stepped away from the cave and down the beach towards the water. 'Stay here, I'll fish for you. It should only take a few moments.'