Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Song of the Sea [Juno]

Started by DragonSong, March 22, 2016, 04:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

"Hold on!" Ash scurried after him. "Don't just leave me here- I'll go with you."

Juno

The dragon paused at her request but tilted his head at her quizzically before his body became particularly tense. 'I wasn't planning on abandoning you, you know. But... But if that would make you happy...' he trailed off, lowering himself to the ground to give her an easier time of climbing up. He couldn't exactly say no to her about that.

DragonSong

Ash scrambled up onto his back and leaned forward to wrap her arms around his neck as much as she could.

"I didn't think you were gonna abandon me," she murmured. "Just... I'd rather have the company, y'know?"

Juno

Yan rumbled in acknowledgement, a particular warmth spreading through his scales at her touch that he found quite pleasant. 'I'd forgotten how much you like being with me,' he teased, straightening up and setting off towards the water once more.

'Don't get mad if you get splashed, though,' he warned lightly moments before stepping out into the shallows and pushing off the rocky bottom to get himself floating down along the beach in the chilly water.

DragonSong

"Smartass," Ash laughed, slapping his shoulder lightly. She stretched out over his neck, drawing her feet up away from the water as she did until she was more of less sprawled across his back.

Juno

Pleased that she hadn't toppled off of him yet the dragon swam along distractedly, lowering his head to watch for fish. He finally spotted some milling near a cluster of rocks at the bottom and dove his head down in a snap decision to try and snag one.

Barely catching it by its tail, the small creature unaware it was in any danger around the dragon, Yan brought his head back up quickly, a line of droplets spraying out around him as he shook his head a bit.

Craning his neck he dangled the gold and silver striped fish over his shoulder at her. 'Think this will be enough?' he asked, concerned about the size since he himself would have needed much more as a meal. 'I can cook it for you if you don't eat it raw.'

DragonSong

Ash smiled and sat back a bit, nodding. "Yes, that should be plenty, thanks." She patted the side of his neck. A relieved sort of smile spread across her face and she nodded quickly. "And cooking would probably be better," she chuckled.

Juno

Yan rumbled a short acknowledgement, altering his course to head back towards the land. He had to force himself not to shake off the water that clung to his scales, mindful of her on his back, but he sat back on his haunches once he was comfortably out of the water tail and all.

Carefully dropping the fish into a forepaw he inhaled deeply before breathing a steady stream of fire over it. His fire didn't harm him so he flipped the fish over and back with his claws until it was cooked through.

'There,' he announced proudly, coughing out a couple puffs of smoke before holding the fish out to her, fully expecting that she would be able to eat it right away.

DragonSong

"Oh- thank you!" Ash smiled, her hands fluttering as she tried to figure out how to take the fish from him. Finally, she settled on ripping a few inches off the bottom hem of her nightgown and wrapping it around her hands so she could take the hot fish.

Juno

He studied her hesitation with interest and then mild shock as she ripped her clothes for the food he'd offered her. 'Oh... Sorry, I forgot. Scales don't feel heat like skin,' he offered sheepishly, bowing his head slightly in shame. 'You didn't have to ruin your clothes. I can hold it until it cools next time.'

DragonSong

She smiled and tried to wave his concern off. "Don't worry about it, I don't mind," she assured him quickly.

Though it was true she only had the one nightgown. Perhaps she should be a bit more careful with her clothes...

With a mental shrug, she dug into the fish, sighing happily. She hadn't realized just how hungry she really was.

Juno

Yan studied her as discretely as possible, hoping she didn't mind him watching her eat. 'Is it any good? I don't get to watch humans do this very often,' he admitted, dragging himself a little further up the sands so the shallows would stop lapping at his paws and tail.

DragonSong

Ash nodded emphatically. "It's very good," she said quickly, wincing as she swallowed and burned her throat. "Of course, I'm pretty hungry, so just about anything would taste good right now," she added with a small laugh.

Juno

He did his best dragon-y frown at that, huffing in displeasure at the thought that he'd had her go hungry at all. 'Oh. I'm not taking care of you, am I? ...How often should humans eat?' he asked timidly.

DragonSong

"No, no, it's fine!" she hurried to assure him. With a smile, she added, "Really. I should probably be eating at least once a day, and I'm getting that."

Juno

Yan relaxed some to hear that, relieved but still unhappy with his care of her. 'Alright...but remind me if I forget? I have to take care of you.'

DragonSong

She laughed, reaching out to touch his nose in a light tap. "Don't worry- my stomach will remind you before I do," she chuckled as she got to her feet.

Juno

'It will?' Yan eyed her suspiciously, snorting in disbelief at how her stomach would be able to communicate with him while entirely forgetting that his own rumbled just the same at longer intervals.

'When do you want to try to meet with your...seal-people friends again? Do you need more time?'

DragonSong

Ash almost leaped to her feet, obviously eager. "We can go now," she said quickly, then flushed. "I-I mean, if you're ready..."

Juno

Yan gave an amused huff at her eagerness but turned to head out towards their meeting place. 'I'm helping you, of course I'm ready. Let's just hope they're going to keep their word.' He sighed at that, hopeful that the creatures they'd made contact with wouldn't stomp on Ash's hopes (and his by extension) when they were their first opportunity of contact with selkies on their journey.