Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Song of the Sea [Juno]

Started by DragonSong, March 22, 2016, 04:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Ash nodded quickly. “Yes! Um, please. If that’s alright.”

The selkies smiled at her softly, though Fianna’s expression turned thoughtful and she murmured, “It is probably best if your friend remains here for the night. He might...startle some folk.”

Ash winced slightly and looked back at her friend. “Is that okay...?”

Juno

He hadn't expected an invitation exactly but for some reason their desire to keep him hidden away from the rest of their kind was quite an insult. Yan's eyes narrowed sharply, a low growl rumbling briefly in his chest before he cut it off with a huff. How could he make sure she was safe if he wouldn't even be permitted to watch them from a distance?

'I will stay if that is what you wish,' he decided, tilting his head to eye her with uncertainty and brush his cheek to her shoulder in concern. 'But I will not forgive them if they allow you to freeze. Just...call for me if you need me? I will be listening.'

DragonSong

"Whoa, hold on." Ash frowned and looked from Yan to the selkies. "I-- you said the night, right? He can...come to the thing tomorrow, or whatever?"

Fianna looked to the other two, who shrugged. "The dragon may do as he likes. We simply suggested that he remain here for the night as many of our families are sleeping. They would most likely not take kindly to being woken by a massive predator."

"Right. Okay." She nodded and turned to plop herself down between Yan's front paws again. "We'll spend the night here then. Thank you."

Juno

Yan relaxed at the clarification, feeling a little silly for his incorrect assumption about their gathering. He understood their distrust of his kind as a whole, but he took offense to being labeled a predator, unable to hold back a loud huff as he curled his paws around Ash protectively and settled back down into the sand.

'You are okay with this, Ash?' he asked with concern, gently nudging at her shoulder. He much preferred the familiarity of the cave he'd chosen for them and the access to open air if they had reason to flee. The mostly closed-in space of the hidden cavern made him a little anxious, but he had no real reason to believe they might have been in any danger.

DragonSong

"Hm?" She tilted her head back to look at him, and absently pressed a quick kiss to his muzzle. "Yeah, I am if you are."

The selkies seemed to have lost interest in them now that they seemed to be settled, but she still lowered her voice a bit and murmured, "I know it's not...ideal. But I have to try, Yan. If anyone could tell me where she might be, I have to know."

Juno

The dragon crooned low in his throat, curling his paws around her a little more as he settled to rest his head over her lap in acceptance. 'I would never fault you for trying, I see that it's important to you. I only hope it is safe,' he offered in explanation, completely uncertain what a larger gathering of selkies would entail for the girl. The small groups they'd encountered thus far had seemed friendly enough, though.

'I hope they can tell you more,' he told her quietly, watching the water lap gently against the sand. The sunlight seeping through the opening above was becoming dimmer as the sun fell over the hills they were nestled beneath, the cavern gradually falling further into shadow. 'Will you be...warm enough with just me here?'

DragonSong

"Mm...I should think so." The selkies had gone, slipped away into the water, and she watched the dark shadows of their retreating forms until she couldn't make them out anymore. One hand came to rest on his muzzle, the other stroking his neck lightly while his head was sort of cradled in her lap.

She smiled a bit and scratched at the ridge of scales above his eye. "You really do worry too much, y'know."

Juno

Yan huffed in disagreement, keeping still against her but eyeing her in mock displeasure for a moment before relaxing to half-closed lids for her attentions.

'I worry just enough actually. There are always dangers. Especially at sea...they are not always immediately apparent. You have no fur or scales and the sun is leaving. But that is why I'm here, so I can be your scales for you,' he teased at last, recognizing he probably wasn't helping her nerves for being so rigid.

DragonSong

"You hush." Ash bapped his nose lightly, crinkling her own up at him. "You're a crotchety, worrying old grandmother in a dragon's body, I swear to gods."

Huffing a soft laugh, she settled herself back more comfortably against his chest and resumed stroking her hand gently over his neck. "Get some sleep. Seems like it'll be another long day tomorrow."

Juno

Yan huffed for her mild-mannered insults, eyeing her critically for a moment before relaxing under her petting once more. He breathed an easy sigh and a gentle, happy rumble vibrated in his chest as he curled his paws around her just a little more securely. 'Good night Ash,' his spoke, voice softer than normal.

He was still quite exhausted so sleep came easily enough, the weight of his head pressing more firmly against her to cage her in.

DragonSong

It took Aisling a few more moments to follow him to sleep, but she was unconscious quickly enough, curving her body forward over Yan's neck and letting her cheek come to rest against the base of his skull.

It wasn't the most comfortable position, but she was fairly exhausted herself.

Juno

Yan slept rather peacefully through the night, only stirring occasionally to check that she was still resting against him and was safely between his paws. Ash's proximity was comforting, easily lulling him back to sleep every few hours until the bright light of morning was spilling down upon them from the opening above.

When he finally woke he kept very still for the gentle weight of her resting over his head, only opening his eyes to scan around them as much as he could without moving. Everything seemed just as it had been the previous night though, if only better illuminated. The cavern was silent save the soft sounds of water lapping gently against the sand. There was no laughter from the selkies and even the depths beyond the main chamber seemed calm.

'It's morning, Aishling,' he reached out to her with a particular tenderness, curling his paws around her a little more firmly to allow scales to gently brush against her skin.

DragonSong

"Mmmnn?" Squinting and rubbing at her eyes, Ash sat up with a yawn and blinked blearily. "Oh. Oh! Thanks."

She smiled and patted the dragon's muzzle. "Wow, I guess I was more tired than I thought. I was completely out there," she chuckled quietly.