Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Pseudocide [OPEN]

Started by Magyar, March 22, 2016, 08:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magyar

The Hoiyte Gatekeeper was not an amiable man. He was by far the biggest ass of a man that Aohdei had ever met, but considering his circumstances, that wasn't an achievement. The Gatekeeper was older, in his mid fifties or so, and was perpetually scowling, lips twisted downward, and brow wrinkled. Above his bulbous and pockmarked nose, his eyes had sunk into his head, and their sparkling green could only just be made out among the leathery skin. A prominent chin was scruffy with the grayed whiskers of an unshaven man, and he was crowned by an almost fluffy ring of salt and pepper hair, coated in snow. The top of his head was shinier than the metal breastplate he wore, and probably functioned like a lighthouse to travelers far and wide, or so Aohdei thought. He couldn't help but notice the many skins and leathers shawled across his arms and cloaking his legs, as he waved his arm in a dismissive manner towards Aohdei.

"Tell me again why I should let you into my town, around my people, when I've never seen you, nor do you have any skins to trade, or coin to spend?" He barked down from what was presumably a ladder.

"Because," Aohdei started, "I need a guide, and for your information, I do have coin, with which I intend to pay said guide!" He snapped back, fishing into one of several purses and pulling out a handful of copper coins, "So let me in you daffy old fool!"

The Gatekeeper glared at Aohdei, then flicked his eyes toward the coin filled hand, then back at the also fur covered traveler. Aohdei appeared to be a normal human, albeit a slightly discolored one, with his darkly ringed eyes, and blackened lips. What the Gateman couldn't know, was that Aohdei was a spirit, of sorts, that had been bound into flesh by a malevolent Mage some time ago. At least, Aohdei thought that he was malevolent, as his memories from around seven months ago and backward were more than a touch fuzzy. In fact, there were centuries that Aohdei couldn't remember, thanks to said Mage, who was - next to this Gatekeeper - the biggest ass ever. Not only did he strip him of his original, much more free form, but then put him in Sionad, a place where, as was currently going on, it could be sunny and snowing at the same time. Le'raana had some undesirable places, but for a Fire Demon, Sionad was probably the worst place to be.

The grizzly old Gatekeeper finally responded, "Fine, you can come in, but I swear to all gods above and below, if I see you stirrin' up trouble, I'll get you out of here faster than a berries in bear country." He called down to someone behind the gate, and slowly, with lots of excessive clicks and bangs, the fifteen-ish foot gate swung outward. Muttering thanks, Aohdei strolled in across the beaten down snow and dirt, not sparing the old Gatekeeper another glance.

As he walked into the main street of Hoiyte there were a few fur salesmen, and wandering merchants, but all in all, the largest amount of people were natives just talking. Gossip about another's child, stories about a hunt, and off to one building, around some crates and a dogsled, there was an old woman, and presumably her husband, telling stories of a hero and his great beastie companion, facing off against a god for the fate of humanity. Nothing really caught his ear until he overheard two men talking about an unfortunate accident.

"Yeah, Coual, the seal hunter, went missing a few days ago. When they found 'im  he was dead, and his chest was all torn out. Ribs everywhere, heart ripped clean out, lungs popped and leakin' still. Nasty business. Weirdest part though, was that his coat was gone, but not his furs, nor anything else he had on 'im," One man in his late thirties exclaimed, recounting the tale for what was probably not the first time, nor the last. The second man looked genuinely surprised, and remarked, "I knew Coual, a litte. He was smart enough not to wander the Tundra, but I guess he was feeling out of it or something. Anyways, it's suicide heading out there alone, what with it being the predatory season and all."

Aohdei walked slightly faster at that, making a beeline for the tavern. As a Roszellehm, the kind of spirit that he was, he needed souls to survive, as much as food for a mortal. Not that he was immortal, not by a long shot, but his spirit would endure where his body didn't. Immortality, after a fashion. Not only did souls feed him, but they boosted his power, and so especially here, in this place, he needed them more so and in larger quantity than he would in a warmer place. Coual had been one such soul, and one with a nice coat. The heart contained lifeblood, a darker blood that could heal faster than normal, and also was the house of the spirit, and so naturally to get to it, he would need to remove it, and consume it. Necessary, if grisly at times.

Lost in thought about the seal-hunter, Aohdei bumped into a woman carrying a stack of pelts, and knocked them onto the ice. Before he could apologize to the stout woman, a man barely out of boyhood, complete with a budding mustache and somewhat gangly limbs, put both hands central on his chest, and shoved him onto the ground. "What's wrong with you, shoving around women like that?!" He snarled, anger splayed on his features. The woman grasped his arm, and said in a chastising tone, "What is wrong with you Daev? It was an accident!" The boyish man - Daev - gave the woman an look that Aohdei didn't quite understand, and lowered a hand to him.

Before Aohdei could take it, one of the men talking about Coual spoke up, and pointed at Aohdei, "Where'd you get that coat stranger?" he said, suspicion in his voice. Now everyone in the twenty feet or so surrounding Aohdei, the woman, and Daev, were staring at the scene they'd created.

"I said, where'd you get that coat?"

fox

"Kalli, give us a beer will ya?"

It took a moment for the fiery haired lass to realise it was her the man had addressed, despite the clear use of her name. Like usual, she was daydreaming about home. Not Hyoite, the town she had grown up in, but the life of travel she was yearning to return to. Sure, visiting the family is always great, but there is only so much demon you can take, ya know?

"Coming right up" She answered cheerfully, flashing her signature smile. As she fetched the drink, her piercing light blue eyes began to drift around the room, noticing how the coats the tavern dwellers wore seemed to be thicker then she remembered (not that she had to worry about the cold - being part demon meant a light leather jacket did the trick) and the tavern smelt more - well - fishy then usual. Other then that, it was just like the old days.

"Here ya are, sir" Kalli said, "Enjoy"
"Sure will Darlin'" He responded, and Kalli smiled at the way he didn't openly stare at her leathery black wings and tail protruding from her.
That was the one thing she enjoyed about this place - everyone knew her family, the prized reindeer herders, so everyone knew her and wasn't surprised like the rest of the world by her appearance. It also helped that the whole of Hyoite was made up of a whole range of 'abnormal' looking people, but either way it was nice to feel not judged for a change. Oh how she wished it were like this wherever she went, because not many people want to hire a Cambion.

As she headed back behind the bar, her momentarily glanced out of the window, just in time to see a man bump into a woman, knocking the pelts she was carrying into the snow. She knew it was an accident - that was easy to see - but someone clearly couldn't, and when Kalli recognised her childhood friend Daev shove the man into the ground she felt her legs take her swiftly to the door and out into the street, just as Daev offered a hand. That's right, we're all friends here she thought with a smile, a sigh of relief leaving her lips, which suddenly turned into an 'o' of surprise as someone shouted angrily at the newcomer. Soon, a rather large crowd had formed around the scene, drawn to attention by the word 'coat'. That was the story going around. A missing seal hunter - Coual - was found dead, by a presumed predator attack on the tundra, but his coat was missing.

Oh come on people! You can't seriously believe that he took a dead man's coat? For starters, all of the seal hunters wear ones similar to Coual! she thought, slightly bemused by the situation. Except the people of Hyoite clearly weren't - murder was extremely uncommon around here, and it seemed like the ever nearing crowd was determined to act first and ask the questions later. Ok, this needs to stop now she decided silently, and began pushing her way through the crowd. Kalli didn't know what she would do when she reached the scene, but at least if the issue got out of hand she would be there to help.

ooc;; ok, I hope this was an ok post  :-\ I haven't RPed in a while so sorry if this is a little dodgy. I figured if the guys began hassling Aohdei at least Kalli will be there to do some irrational demon thing ;D Hopefully it gives you something to work with!

Magyar

"Last chance Newcomer! Tell us whe-" The grizzled poacher was cut off as a girl in her early twenties shouldered her way in front of him, sandwiching herself between the large man and Aohdei, who was still lying on the ground.

Aohdei saw his opportunity, scrambling back to his feet, and noticed now that the girl who had saved him was no ordinary girl. Large leathery wings ornamented her back and a swishing whip-like tail curled behind her. The most peculiar part, was although she had much the appearance of a demon, she smelled human, to a degree, and yet still smelled of demon. She must've been a half blood. It wasn't uncommon for otherwordly being to mingle with mortals, or even Fae, but he hadn't been expecting to see one so soon, or, now that he noticed another person with wings, and one with red tipped horns, so frequently.

That aside, he was still the center of attention, and the people of Hoiyte were not the type to back down from a threat. Leaning forward, he whispered to the girl, "Hold your breath, I'm gonna smoke this place." He then flexed his fingers, and embers began to form on the ends of his nails, inching their way across his fingertips, and soon small flames began to take hold on his hands. He tensed his body, ready to flee if necessary.

ZeroOrgan

Cold... , Thats what Meliadoul thought, she had been staying at the local inn and spending most of her time in the tavern, sitting in the corner and enjoying a large bottle of whiskey. People stared and muttered about her, some even tried conversation, to no avail. Meliadoul sat steadfast, drinking whiskey and just sitting there, some folks thought she was possessed, Tompson the Guard, Winthrop the Barkeep, even Lars the Drunk thought she was insane. It all mattered little to her, those words were just apples in a basket. She had arrived two weeks ago, on her own personal quest, that she would not share to anyone. Although those two weeks had been interesting, she didn't like it here. The people seemed rough, done for,always looking for trouble she didn't like that at all. She fiddled with the necklace apon her neck, observing the interesting waitress, she had an interest in that woman, but nothing more. She glanced outside from her peace, seeing an engagement. She stood up abruptly, everyone in the tavern stared in surprise, she hadn't moved there in days. And she moved towards the argument, pushing the door outwards with a tad of force she mad her presence known, heading towards the center of the crown, casually pushing past and squeezing through the crowd, staring down the man with fire tingling through his fingertips as if flipping a card through them. She simply stared him down, before quickly drawing her blade, a major look of agitation on her face, she soon pinched her nose and replies in two words,

"Begone fiend, "

Magyar

"Begone fiend," the green clad knight commanded. Her longsword was raised to his chin, several inches from it, and glinted in the noonday sun, cold as ice but silver like the moon. That was not the only shining thing on her, as her armour shone even under her cloak, and a golden necklace adorned her breast. Under a cowl of the same deep pine green, her eyes flashed with determination enforced by adrenaline. She was ready to fight, even if Aohdei was not. This one would be trouble.

"Lower your blade knightling, lest harm should befall these people," Aohdei spoke slowly and deliberately. He continued, "I'm not afraid to burn this place down." With his last word he clenched his arms and flame burst in his palms, climbing quickly up his forearm and stopping clean at his elbow, burning his sleeves and singing the remaining wool around his upper arm. Flame now twisted and licked at his skin, feeding from him but not burning him. Some of he snow around his feet began to melt. This was more for show that anything else, as this fire was simply that, fire. It was no fireball, and had no magical effect, making it near useless in combat, but the people of Hoiyte didn't know that, and neither did this audacious green knight. He stared into her darkened eyes, over the top of her blade, and saw no fear there. This one would be trouble.

ZeroOrgan

Meliadoul remained emotionless, atleast on the outside, her gaze gave no hint of what she was truely thinking, Townsfolk backed off quickly, stumbling over eachother to get away from the sudden flame. Meliadoul stood her ground, She gazed into his eyes ,taking a quick read before lowering her blade, and sheathing it. She looked around towards the other people, gazing their emotions, and recalling what the problem was from earlier. Meliadoul took a moment to take it all in, she breathed in heavily, and sighed .  She didn't speak often, she didn't really like too, but I s,pose now was an exception. A soft, medium pitched voice echoing from under her hood speaking to the fire wielding figure

"Sorry, A misunderstanding, thats all." She looked to the crowd, some in fear, some in anger. She looked over towards them and spoke

"No man, woman, or child lays a finger, apon this man. If they do, they lose that finger"

She had made her statement, she looked towards the man , and sighed "Can I get you a drink? I'd like to discuss a few things regarding the situation at hand" She raised her chin and nodded her head at the crowd behind her.

Magyar

Aohdei was admittedly taken a bit by surprise at the green knight's actions, as he was expecting a self righteous paladin sworn to cleanse the world of demons, not a stoic yet level headed warrior who knew when the advantage was against her. Skeptically, he extinguished his flame, flicking his wrists, the tongues of fire winking out like a light doused in water. The embers fell off his fingers, and he watched as the crowd around him stared, some appalled, others enraged, and the woman whom's skins he had knocked over wide eyed and fearful. Daev had put one hand protectively on her, and one up to his face. He didn't like this reaction from mortals. it resulted in too many rumors, too much talk. Loose lips were more dangerous a weapon than any blade.

After her warning to the crowd about harming him, she beckoned to the inn, and he followed. Holding the door open after her, he stepped into the well lit place, eyes tracking him across the room, until he sat down with the knight in a corner table. Glancing through a window back out into the street, he saw the Demon Girl talking to some townsfolk, and watching the doors of the inn.

He spoke quietly, his voice only carrying across the table to the green knight, his tone deep and his words faint,"What is it that you wish to speak of, Knightling? I'd rather quit this place while I still have legs to carry me away from it."

Fukurou

The tall figure stood at the back of the crowd, watching the scene in front of him with great interest. He didn't pay mind to the argument about the coat. It was mundane. Boring. People die all of the time and some travelers might stumble upon the corpse and chose to take an item or two. I mean, it's not like they'll be needing it anyways. But no, what caught his attention was the being that ran out to help the coat clad lad.

Hehehe. Oh how rare, the sinister voice rang inside Rylzyr's head. A half demon. Interesting.

Rylzyr made a beeline towards the edge of the angry crowd. 

Oh and look at that, muttered the voice. A being trapped in flesh. Hehe. Poor fool.

As if you're to talk, Rylzyr retorted. A smirk broke across his otherwise stony face, but disappeared as fast as it came. But, yes. This will be interesting. The crowd grew more and more restless, their anger palpable as the young half-demon attempted to calm the crowd. He watched as the spirit leaned in to whisper something in the half-demon's ears, fire springing from the tips of his fingers. Interesting indeed... As the crowd started to panic, Rylzyr stood there unmoved, studying the actions of the two beings in front of him. He wasn't afraid. In fact, he was excited. It had been a while since he'd interacted with otherworldly beings outside of Aoloadh'xez.

"Begone fiend," the green clad knight burst through the door, brandishing her sword threateningly at the spirit. Her eyes glinted with fierce determination as she stood her ground, much like that of a statue of a warrior standing guard over the town. The spirit murmured something threatening to the green clad woman. She sheathed her sword and announced to the crowd that should they lay a finger on the lad, she would swiftly cut that finger off. With that warning, the people of the town scrambled in all directions, fear painting their faces.

Hm. Figures, Rylzyr thought to himself as he strode past the three figures and ducked into the tavern. He settled himself in the far corner, taking off his wolf-fur coat and setting it on the back of his chair. A large, leather book with magical runic inscriptions rose from his bag and hovered a foot from his face. Rylzyr took out a phoenix-feathered quill along what appeared to be long, ornate wooden pipe with beautiful carvings up and down its exotic-looking ivory bits. The book opened to a black page and the quill levitated, scratching down notes in a foreign language. Rylzyr brought the pipe to his lips, conjuring a small flame on his index finger and lit the pipe. He stared intently at the floating book, delicate smoke rising from lips.

ZeroOrgan

Meliadoul quickly moved, digging into her rucksack, grumbling "I dont intend to keep you long, and for your sake, with no offense intended, I wish you out of this town, so the town doesn't burn /you/ down. Although ... haha, it would be funny to see them try. "  She grumbled, before finally finding a whistle. Ornate ivory was the quality, and she offered it to him, she frowned apon seeing the other being. She sighed, shaking her head before digging for some more things, she didn't come out with anything more, she seemed angered lightly by this, she shook it off.

She looked back to the fiery being "Take my horse and get out of here ,when you want to that is. Although I doubt you intend to stay long, gatewarden is a ...annoying man.that whistle will call my horse when it starts to wander off," She nods, offering an apologetic shrug, "I'll be here holding back the villagers from coming for your hide,"

She smiled "I dont fear you, I've fought many things scarier, Im only doing this because..Well, Im feeling nice today" She chuckles , patting his shoulders going to sit down.

Magyar

"Thank you," Aohdei said, turning the whistle in his fingers, the low light of the tavern glinting off of it's shiny white surface. He looked back up at the girl, her hood obscuring her upper face, only just seeing her eyes. "I am going south, far south, and will likely not return to this village for some time. A few years at least. It simply isn't in my schedule." He paused, downed a mug of juniper berry ale, and continued, "You could catch up with me if you like, as a travelling knight?"

Dropping the iron mug back on the table, sloshing some ale over it's edge as it landed, Aohdei opened his palm, and lit one of his fingers. He drew a circle, and a second smaller circle just inside the larger one, in glowing ember. He drew then a four pointed star in the center, and a dot in the center of that. His palm now gave off a small glowing light, similar to a lantern low on oil. Quietly, so low that even the knight across the table couldn't hear him, he began to speak, "Ceio pekenas egnesia, ceio pekenas egnesia, ceio pekenas egnesia..." As he chanted, the symbol etched on his palm began to singe, and spark, and form a shape. It grew to the size of a small melon, and then shook off the embers, spraying rapidly cooling flecks across the oaken table. Emerging from the charred mess, was an Owl, oddly enough, yet this owl had auburn feathers, with deep crimson streak flashing through it's wings. It turned it's face to Meliadoul, and blinked, it's burnt orange irises centered by pupils identical to the four pointed star Aohdei had drawn on his palm seconds ago. As Aohdei looked from the Owl to Meliadoul, his pupils formed similar points as well, "This is Cir. He will stay with you. He can understand everything you say to him, and serves as a bridge between places. As long as he lives I can see through him and communicate with you, provided you are in physical contact with him. He also takes the form of a stoat, if need be," He then brandished the ivory whistle, and said, "I shall return this to you. What is your name, knightling?"

He turned in his seat, and glanced at the tall man with demon's eyes and horns. He smelled of demon. He had been watching the ordeal outside, and had now followed them both into the tavern. Currently, he was smoking a pipe and watching intently as a quill scribbled away unattended in a book on his table. Aohdei looked back at his companion and asked, "Now what are we to do of him?"

ZeroOrgan

Meliadoul nodded to the first question. She pondered the thought, travelling with such a man would be very interesting ,before she shrugged. "I could use a change of scenery ,and people.. Ill go with you," She smiled.. She then looked to the owl, eyeing him carefully ,watching his mouth movements, and taking a stepped back as the owl quickly grew from his palm, she wasn't usually surprised , but this time she was. She examined it carefully , sitting down and drinking the rest of her ale.

She was going to respond to his first question, the one involving her name..Before something , out of the blue happened to her.

Meliadoul quickly hunched over, placing a hand to her chest, her eyes widening and they actually started to glow an angelic white, her pupils remaining, the tearing of flesh was heard, then the ripping and splitting of metal and cloth apon her back, slowly, angelic white wings quickly burst from them like arrows, except wing shaped, and stuck to her back . They hugged her like a soft embrace, Meliadoul stumbled, reaching around her back, grabbing the wind lightly and tugging at it, a slight raise and drop of her expression as it happened. She looked towards the man, a shocked glare.

"Well ... I..., "

She took a deep breath, calming herself, surprisingly quickly.  She stood up, and looked towards Aohdei.

"Well...Im Meliadoul, And uh...I...I dont intend to, harm you , is the simple way to put it..This whole wing thing is new to me, It started down in Essyrn awhile ago, and when I got up here retracted, and now..well, they are back out for fresh air. How about this. " She simply stated,

"Im aiming to head to Reajh, Shall we meet in Sirantil valley..?" She attempted to not shock him.

Fukurou

Sucking on his pipe, Rylzyr kept his eyes on his book and his ears on the group at the other end of the tavern. He was relatively good at multitasking. Besides, what he was writing in his leather-bound book very much had to do with these mysterious figures. He couldn't help it. His gut burned with the desire for knowledge. His gaze glanced over as we watched the man summon an owl with magic that looked all too familiar. He brought his attention back to the book. What manner of being is he exactly? Rylzyr asked the dark voice.

Give me your soul and perhaps I will tell you. The voice purred in his head.

That one was just bad. Rylzyr mused. And here I thought you were a demon of knowledge.

The voice chuckled. I thought I'd give it a try.

Suddenly, sounds of ripping iron and flesh rang throughout the tavern. Rylzyr turned his head in the direction of the noise and saw angelic white wings burst from the back of the green-clad woman's back. The woman gave him a slight headache before, but now it grew, bringing it from a minor annoyance to a regular annoyance. How bothersome.

The book closed and landed on the table along side the quill. Rylzyr waved his right hand in the air by his head, forming a soft blue runic pattern. A medium-sized orb of light appeared where the rune was, bobbing softly in the air. Rylzyr murmured something unintelligible to the orb-like spirit. It bounced around happily in the air around Rylzyr's head before fading away. Rylzyr picked up the book and the quill and proceeded to proofread his notes, scribbling in changes and corrections as he went along.

Magyar

The Girl had begun to respond when she buckled over, and pressed a hand to her head. Behind her, her back bulged, stretching through fabric, breaking metal and splitting skin. Several things assaulted his senses, the smell of blood first and foremost, quickly overtaken by a wretched scent he recognized from long ago. The little owl, Cir, screeched at the girl, as wings similar to his own unfurled from behind her, taking strips of cloth with them, and gently pulling her hood off. Eyes like flame shone up at him, as she reassured him, albeit awkwardly, that she meant him no harm.

"You are angelic." It was not a question, nor an accusation. He thought to himself, If she wanted me dead, she'd have attacked me already. Let's give it a try...
He glanced at the owl, and it stared back at him, projecting a mental image of the last time they'd encountered an angel. Frowning at the demon in bird's clothing, he raised his eyes again to Meliadoul, the Angel Girl, and then back to his Owl companion. He stood up, just barely taller than Meliadoul, but her wings made her seem much larger than he. "So be it... Meliadoul. Sirantil Valley," with this he put a hand on the table and leaned inward, his face inches from hers. His burnt orange eyes scanned her luminescent white ones. He maintained this stare for several seconds before breaking away with, "You'd best be off.  New plan. You fly out of here, and I escape in the confusion. Just go outside, flap around for a bit, and I'll grab your horse, signal you with Cir, mutual escape ensured."

Without waiting to see if she agreed or not he turned around and made a beeline for the lanky man sitting behind them. Stopping by his table, he grabbed a chair, and with a scrape of wood on wood, slid it underneath himself.
"Pleased to meet you," he said bluntly, "Who are you talking to?"

Fukurou

"An old friend." Rylzyr replied unceremoniously, his face still buried within the book. His voice was calm, but held an air of confidence in it. "A spirit, specifically." He continued to scribble in his notes. "How daring of you, to summon such a bird in public." His voice didn't hold any sign of anger or fear, but rather a hint of amusement. "I guess this place is rather... unconventional, isn't it?"

ZeroOrgan

Meliadoul nodded, making her way outside, spreading her wings in a rather dramatic fashion to get everyone's attention, they gawked at her angelic appearance, special people were not common, although people were more accustomed to seeing devil like creatures, nothing like an angel, before she quickly flew into the air. Only about 7 ft off the ground, slowly floating backwards, leading them like a flock as they peppered her with amazement and questions, she winked at Aohdei.

Magyar

"Daring isn't quite the word I'd use. These people see strange things every day, and right now they're going to see something weirder," Aohdei said, flicking a finger towards the angel girl about to leave the inn. Glancing at the book, and then at the quill, and back at Demon-Eyes, he asked, "How about you come with me, seeing as, as soon as she," again he waved in Meliadoul's direction, "is going to stir up some attention, and I'm going to skedaddle. You can even introduce me to your friend on the way." Aohdei then stood, and pushed his chair in, staring expectantly at the demon man.

Fukurou

"You have a good point," Ryzlyr said, his eyes darting from the half-demon to the angelic woman. "The people in mother places aren't so.. Hmm... Open minded." He spoke at a deliberate pace, sounding as though he was choosing his words quite carefully. He shoved his belongs in his satchel and stood up."Perhaps I will accompany you. I wasn't planning on staying much longer anyway." He looked at the winged woman and then back at the man in front of him. "Oh, and my friend? I asked her to run a quick errand for me. She should be back sometime soon. She's usually quite swift and reliable when she doesn't get distracted."

Magyar

Stepping out of the back door of the Inn, pushing past the innkeep and several cooking staff in the process, Aohdei waited for the oohs and ahs that notified him of Meliadoul's distraction. Beckoning to The Horned Man, Aohdei stepped out, and blew a whistle. For several seconds, nothing happened, and Aohdei was left staring into the icy expanse of Hoiyte with a demon man beside him and an angel girl across the street, herding the townsfolk away. Then a horse came trotting around the tavern, and snorted at them. Aohdei swung onto the steed, and after The Demon Man had done so as well, he checked the sun. It was afternoon, and the sun was heading down to his left, so he repositioned himself accordingly, and set of south at a gallop.

Turning his head back, he saw the large downy wings begin to shrink.
"Catch up Angel Girl," He muttered to himself, and turned his face back towards the horizon, a blizzard dancing on the edge of his view, "Catch up."

Tags: