Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A change in the dusty wind (Open)

Started by Mephistel, March 29, 2016, 11:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephistel

Ruvyk shrugged him off.

-That's up to you...but I tought you might like it calmer then in the fussiness of an Inn to think...just my two pieces on that...-

He said. While other objects started to glow, the young man raised an eyebrow.

-And just so you know...please don't break the merchandise will you...I got to sell these later...-

He said. Ruvyk was greedy after all and even tough he had travel quite a lot to get all of these, he knew he could make good money with these, even tough it wasn't necessary to him. He was a god, but he did like gold shiny things.

Wave

"Good point."
Having a quit place for the night was definitely a good idea. And the less saw his magic, to better.

"I won't say no if it's no trouble for you."

Mephistel

-Sure...-

Ruvyk said. He walked out of the room and to another, motioning for the man to follow him. In the next room, there was still a lot of items all around, laying here and there in no apparent order. Someone would think the place was in complete disorder. Ruvyk scratched the back of his head for a moment, sighing. He had just been accumulating objects from all over the place.

-Errr...give me a sec...-

There was also an old desk that could be use to write things. He started pushing things around to make some space. There was also a sofa in some corner to sleep with a few cushions on it. He made space there as well until it looked fine enough.

-Well...I suppose you can deal with this then?-

It was far from perfect but at least it did the job.

Wave

Zodiac just followed.
"Still looks better than my desk. It'll do."
There wasn't much that looked messier than a scattered collection of scrolls and scribbles.

Mephistel

With that done, Ruvyk nodded.

-Well...if your looking for me, I'll be in my room, if you need food, ask the servant...-

He said as he walked away, to get back to his room, where he lay down again in the cushions, opened a book and started reading.

Wave

Zodiac sat down on the sofa, mindlessly trying some spells that didn't do anything while thinking how he'd either kill two gods or break the curse.
One of the two seemed a lot easier, and it might not be breaking the curse.

Mephistel

On his side, Ruvyk was now enjoying a long and warm bath in one of the other room. There was a big room with a huge bath, enough for 10 people to fit in. Something that a lot of people would consider a great luxury, and it was.

In that small house, Ruvyk had more riches then the governor and he wasn't leaning on using them to please himself. But now he was thinking, lost in deep toughts about how to reach those two gods that had him trapped on Earth.

This was truely the most annoying part because once he would be back there, he knew some of his powers would go back to him, the problem was that he would still be stuck with the curse and they could easily use it to stop him from killing them.

Wave

Zodiac lost all sense of time as he tried various patterns. He wasn't quite satisfied with the complexity he managed to achieve as he looked outside, but decided that it was late enough to stop. He made the mistake of just continue through the night too often, and always regretted it the next day.

Mephistel

Late into the night, Ruvyk had already fallen asleep, rolled up in his pile of cushions like some desert prince, he just looked as normal as anyone else, except for a few details. His skin was much paler then any normal person who would live in the desert and his hair were of a strange color as well.

Something that he was aware of but never really given any tought, was that when he sleep, runes appeared on his body, ancient language, lost ages ago. What these runes did, even he didn't knew, but somehow it seemed like some protective charms.

Wave

Zodiac woke up surprisingly early, not feeling rested at all. He had no idea how long he slept, but something was still bugging him.

It took him a few seconds to realize where he was after he got up.
"Oh, right..."

Mephistel

The sun was rising, Ruvyk was still fast asleep in his room, the door left open as he had never taken a habit to close it at night. Today looked like it would be a good day, once again, not much clouds outside.

Wave

Zodiac left his room and looked around. It seemed that nobody was up yet.
He found Ruvyks room, door wide open, and spotted the runes.
"Well, that explains it", he muttered to himself.

Mephistel

The runes were covering his skin,shining slightly in the mid light from outside. He did look peaceful as he slept, not a worry in the world it seemed.

Zodiac could hear the servant down there, starting to do her work for the day. Meaning, cleaning what little she was allowed to touch.

Wave

Zodiac just laughed at how helpless and vulnerable a god could look. He returned to his room, but didn't feel like practicing more after his overall restless night.

Mephistel

It took about an hour before Ruvyk would finally wake up. He had that kind of lazy life at the moment. So oversleeping when you live for ever was like taking a small nap. He stretched for a moment and called out to his servant, which came running along with an already prepared breakfast for her master.

Wave

Zodiac used the time sitting around to plan some more things. He had to wonder how easy it would be abuse the curse, but not having to watch his back every second was definitely a good thing.

And as long as he did it on his own Accord, Zodiac wouldn't need to put more effort into this.

And what if he tried to use a spell to control the god. The chance of both things canceling each other could be worth trying. Especially because Zodiac could control him after the curse breaks.

His thoughts were interrupted with Ruvyk waking up. There was so much to consider. And the timing could not be worse.

Mephistel

Walking out of his room, after eating his breakfeast, he walked toward the room where zodiac had slept. He knock on the edge of the door, looking in.

-Slept well?-

He asked, not really concerned, but asked anyway. He, on his side, had slept very well. Somehow, that god was really carefree, despite been cursed. But then again, he wasn't exactly free.

-What are you doing?-

Wave

Zodiac looked up as Ruvyk knocked.
"Well enough. And just... thinking"
That was one was to put it.

Mephistel

-I see...well, I need to head to town for a while...you want to come with?-

He asked, tilting his head to the side. There were a few items he wanted to buy, but he didn't feel like leaving this total stranger with no face alone in his house.

Wave

"I might as well come along. But don't expect me to blend in"

He hated crowds. Having made enough enemies to create an army had the unfortunate downside of constantly having to watch your back.