Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Happy birthday to me! [Dragonsong!]

Started by Rhindeer, March 31, 2016, 02:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"Mm? Oh..." Valor blinked groggily, yawned again, and wriggled his way back over onto his side. Then with a small shiver, he pulled back the covers and climbed beneath them, yanking them up to his chin.

"Want under?" he asked sleepily, already starting to fade again.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DragonSong

Yes, she did actually. Warily, Ka'lei nodded and slipped under the edge of the blanket. "Oh wow," she sighed, lashes fluttering against her cheeks. "What the hell, it's like you sleep in a cloud."

Rhindeer

"I do," Valor murmured, only vaguely awake--and before long, he wasn't awake at all, his breathing going even and coming out in soft snores.

This time, at least, he was warm enough that Ka'lei very well might survive the night unmolested this time!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DragonSong

Ka'lei was asleep quickly, despite how wary she still felt.

She woke early, though she still got more sleep than she had in- well, since she could remember. Yawning and stretching, then wincing as her chains clinked cheerily, she sat up in the bed and glanced around at her strange bed mate.

Still asleep. Hmm...

Very, very quietly, she tried to slip out of the bed. Unfortunately, the cuffs around her ankles got tangled in in her chains and she wound up collapsing on her side with a loud clatter, some clinking, and a decent amount of swearing.

Rhindeer

Valor shot bolt upright with a gasped curse, his heart leaping clear into his throat. Nothing like getting woken up from a deep, peaceful sleep to the sounds of crashing and clanging!

"What the--?! Gods, Maribel, you clumsy oaf, did you spill the--oh."

He froze in mid speech, glimpsing some of those chains hanging off the edge of his bed, and rubbed sleepily at his eyes as he scooched forward and peered over the edge of the bed.

And saw, crumpled on the floor, a barely clothed winged girl.

Ohhhh. Well.

The shock quickly turned to a sly smile, and he reached and tugged gently on the chains. "Who're you?" he asked, and his grin broadened, "And how much fun did we have last night? I'd say from the chains, things got a little...naughty." But then he blinked, and looked more closely at the chain in his hand. "And startlingly devoted to accuracy. I usually go for the silky ones, but I must admit, these also have a certain forbidden allure."

DragonSong

What?

"Oh gods." Ka'lei groaned and rolled her eyes. "Just how drunk were you last night?" she snapped, jerking her hands to yank the chains away from him. "You really don't remember?"

Of course, he could always be faking to try and...seduce her or something. Although she had to admit she was having a hard time figuring out just what his little "amnesia" angle would be.

"Forbidden allure my ass," she grumbled, scowling at him. "They're real, idiot. I'm a slave. I was your birthday present, remember?"

Rhindeer

...What.

Valor blinked at her, and then rubbed his eyes again. Real? Slave? Bits and pieces from the night before filtered in, swimming around in his fogged up brain. He was a little hungover, and his head was a little achy and confused, but it wasn't terrible. Not like the hangovers he'd had in the past when he could barely hold his liquor and hadn't learned to keep hydrated and eat a lot of bread.

Some of those memories did, indeed, involve her. Her, in his bed.

An actual, real slave in his bed.

"Oh gods!" he said, jerking back and letting the chain fall when she yanked it. His birthday present?! A slave?! His face paled. "I didn't...I didn't use you did I?"

DragonSong

"Use me- Oh. Oh! No! No no no no no." Ka'lei shook her head vehemently.

"You ah...you said you didn't want to..." She took a moment to think of the words. "Something about not touching people who don't want to be touched." Her eyes narrowed and she shuffled back, but her ankles got tangled again and she sort of sprawled onto her back.

Fighting to right herself, she spat out, "But I swear to gods, if that was just whiskey dick talking I will strangle you with these." She shook the chains to make her point.

Rhindeer

He felt a little guilty for finding all her flailing around comical.

A little guilty.

But mostly, Valor was just plain relieved that he hadn't taken advantage of her. It was true, he was a playboy and damn if he didn't have a reputation for bedding whatever looked his way, man or woman. But his partners were always just as happy to be in his bed as he was to have them there. He didn't understand how some people could do the things they did, taking unwilling "partners" and other such vile acts, but judging from her spunk, he had a feeling if he had tried anything, he probably wouldn't have woken up.

So how the hell had she gotten in his bed? Birthday present? Oh, Kia. He had a feeling he knew who to blame.

He rubbed at his temple, shaking his head, a wry smile on his lips. He waved a hand at her threat. "Oh, no, no. Believe me, love, if I wanted to bed someone I know where to find people that won't break my neck. Er..."

He rose to his feet, wrinkling his nose since he was still dressed and smelled sickeningly of booze, and paused for a second to keep from wobbling. When he felt steady again, he offered her his hand. "Why don't you get off the floor and we can deal with these chains, hm? Before you break your neck."

DragonSong

Ka'lei couldn't stop the sigh of relief that left her. At least it seemed that, even drunk, most of her strange master's personality had been a fairly accurate representation of him.

She nodded and took his hand warily, allowing him to pull her to her feet. "Thanks," she muttered rather grudgingly. Chains clinking, she held her cuffed wrists out so he could see how everything was connected.

"I think your friend- the one who bought me- still has the key," she noted with a huff and scrunched up her nose. "But I'm pretty sure if you tug hard enough from both ends the chain at least will snap." She would have tried it herself, but with the way the chains were attached to the cuffs she hadn't be able to get the right angle.

Rhindeer

Oh, Valor had a feeling she was severely overestimating his strength, but he took hold of the chain anyway. The chain did look pretty old and badly rusted in places, and as he examined it, he clicked his tongue in disdain. Such poor craftsmanship...

"I'll see what I can do, but I daresay I'm not the sort of guy generally known for chain-snapping strength," he said. "Though if I manage it, I claim bragging rights for the rest of forever."

And with a grunt, he yanked. And yanked some more. He felt the chains give a little, heard what he hoped was a faint cracking noise, and then he grit his teeth and pulled again--

Snap!

The chain snapped free and Valor let it fall to the ground, shaking out his wrists.

"Whew! Bragging rights it is!"

DragonSong

Ka'lei gave the man an up-and-down sort of look. Honestly, she wasn't quite sure he could do it either, but gods she just wanted the damn things off. Then the most beautiful sound she'd ever heard.

Snap!

"Oh thank gods!" She actually laughed, reeling away from him slightly so she could wave her arm exuberantly and drop the chain through her cuff to the ground. She was still cuffed and collared, but at least she wasn't quite as bound anymore.

"Thanks." Ka'lei beamed at him, for maybe half a heartbeat her expression soft and bright, showing the girl she might have been had her life been different.

Then she sobered and cleared her throat. "Mind taking care of these, then?" she asked a little hesitantly, tapping her collar and left cuff.

Rhindeer

"Now, now, I know what I just did was pretty impressive, but let's not get our hopes too high," Valor said as he stepped in closer and laid his hands on the collar. He frowned at it, smoothing his hands along it to look for where it opened and shut, but felt only smooth metal.

A quick examination of her cuffs showed the same thing.

"I'll definitely need the key for these. Because it looks like it's not even a conventional key that unlocks it," he said with a frown and a rub of his chin. "I could always try to sing them off, I suppose, but these things usually have wards against that sort of magic. You know, in case the captive is a mage. It would be too easy."

With a sigh, he clapped her on the shoulder. "Looks like you're coming with me, then. First: something for this gods be damned headache." And the awful nausea. Eugh. "Second: tracking down Pari. And if anyone asks, we had a wild night and you enjoyed yourself immensely. Come, now!"

And he motioned for her to follow as he started for the door, not stopping to consider her scandalous clothes.

DragonSong

She sighed at his assessment, but what could she do, really?

A small snort of laughter escaped her and she rolled her eyes as she started to follow him. "You seem to have a great deal of confidence in your, ah- skills," she noted with an arched eyebrow.

Rhindeer

"Not without good reason!" Valor boasted with a puff of his chest, leading her out the door and into the hallway, which was lavish as the rest of his home. "Of course, reputations are fragile and need work to maintain.  You understand, I'm sure."

He rubbed at his temples as they walked, turning a corner and following the savory smells of cooking. "Ahh, we'll stop by the kitchens first. See if there's anything good and greasy ready," he said, though his stomach churned at the thought. But greasy food was always good for a hangover!

And as they walked, he was too single-minded in his pursuit of food to notice the looks his "slave" was drawing: looks of scandalized horror from the maids and servants--except for the men, who eyed her hungrily.

DragonSong

Ka'lei was used to the looks, from the men and women alike. She'd always been pretty, exotic, a treasured oddity. At least until her masters figured out her unusual allure wasn't worth her smart mouth and sharp nails.

Still, she didn exactly love the attention. She stuck close to Valor's back, wings tucked securely against her back and arms sort of wrapped around her middle, shoulders hunched as though to chase the stares away.

Rhindeer

"So, I was thinking," Valor said as they turned down another hallway and into a spacious dining hall. "I was thinking just now, what use could I possibly have for a slave? I already have servants to clean and carry out tasks and couriers to deliver messages and counselors to...well, ignore. And if I want sex, I just go out and woo someone the old fashioned way--with songs and drinks and flattery."

He gave her a look. "Not that you're not exceedingly attractive, mind you. If I saw you in a tavern, you would definitely be on my 'to-do' list. Anyway, I've never had a slave before. Never really thought about it before. So this is a little awkward, because Pari also paid good money for you, I imagine, and it would be rude to send a gift back. But then, well, an idea just came to me now."

There were some heavy doors ahead of them from which the rich smells emanated, and Valor pulled one open and lead the way into the steamy kitchen, the sounds of clanking dishes and the shouts of the cook ringing out.

"My parents just won't get off my ass about marriage. And I've no interest currently. My, ah, lifestyle just don't complement marriage, see. So I thought, well..."

He flashed a smile her way. "You can be my pretend bride!"

DragonSong

If she was being perfectly honest, Ka'lei was only half paying attention to him as he talked, part of her mind focused on mapping out the area around her with a wary sort of instinct. She couldn't help chuckling quietly as she caught his "to-do list" comment; once upon a time she might have been offended, but now it was just amusing.

Then her eyes went wide and her feet stuttered to a stop. "Your- a p-pretend- what?!" she sort of whisper-shrieked, gaping at him. Her wings fluttered in surprised agitation and she blinked rapidly. "You- are you serious? What does that even mean?"

Rhindeer

"Was I unclear?" Valor asked with a frown, brow knit in confusion. Maybe he was speaking too fast for her.

"My...pretend...bride," he repeated. "A bride who is not really a bride. Or perhaps the more accurate term is my fake betrothed. My farce fiance. We won't actually get married, of course. We'll keep extending the date because your parents are very busy people who live very far away and we simply can't have a wedding without their presence and their blessing."

He linked their arms. "Oh, my parents will be livid, you being a slave and all, me marrying embarrassingly far beneath my station, but if it doesn't make people talk then it's not worth doing, I always say. But after our wild night of passion, I was just so taken with you, I couldn't help myself. What a romantic rags to riches story, don't you agree?"

DragonSong

For several long moments Ka'lei just gaped at him, speechless.

"Oh my gods you are serious," she muttered, a rather startled- perhaps slightly hysterical- laugh bubbling up in her chest. "You're mad, do you know that?"

But, well... He was by far the kindest person who'd ever owned her, even if she'd known him less than a day. And being some little lordling's fake bride was infinitely better than scrubbing floors or...less savory tasks.

Slowly, she nodded. "Alright," she decided, brow furrowing slightly. "I'll play along. But I want a favor in return, deal?"

Perhaps she should have just been grateful for the offer, a slave like her could never have expected something so good. But Ka'lei had always been one to push boundaries. The way she saw it, while Valor could force her to obey him, she could either make it easy for him, or very very difficult.

Tags: