Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hanging by a Moment [Lioooon~!]

Started by Rhindeer, April 12, 2016, 06:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"What are you talking about...?" Sachi started to say. That was when the acrid, distinct smell of BURNING HAIR filled her nose, also with a faint sizzle in her ears and an increasing heat, and she yet out a screeching yelp and slapped her hands at her head.

Yup. It was on fire, all right.

"OH MY GODS WHY DIDN'T YA SAY SOMETHING?!" she hollered as, finally, she managed to pat it out, and that horrible burning hair smell turned more smoky. Unfortunately for her, a big patch of her hair on the right side was black and charred now--and crumbling even as she ran it through her fingers.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Lion

"I did!"  Maako wasn't going to be the butt of her wrath.  Or whatever they called it here.  And as her hands ran through her head, he could see more clumps being pulled out.  "NO!  NO!  STOP!  YOU'RE MAKING IT WORSE!" 

He fumbled two hands about her arms trying to get her to calm down.  "We must go!  There's no time to pull out more of your hair!  Please Furry Human, move feet on the beat.  Yes?"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Rhindeer

"I'm gonna be BALD!" Sachi wailed in horror when she realized what those charred clumps were. Her gorgeous silver hair! RUINED! She wasn't usually the vain sort, but she was really fond of her hair. It was silver like precious metal and shiny and fluffy and now it was burned! And who wanted to be bald? Except monks...

The gods were having a field day with her.

But he was right, and as he grabbed her, she sucked in deep breaths and got a hold of herself enough to remember more pressing matters. It helped that it was also at that moment that a flaming arrow thunked against the wall right next to her, making her jump.

"Shit! Uh, uh, where am I moving to the beat to?!" she said, shooting a frantic look around them. If they stayed much longer, they'd be cornered inside this building. Or burned down with it. Grabbing one of the strange creature's arms, she tugged him into the empty home with her (seemed its occupants had gone to watch her execution).

"This way, out the other side, maybe the guards are thinner there!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Lion

"Other side!  Yes!  Good idea smoking human!" he said and ushered her in the direction opposite the way they came.  Down the stairs they went, and the racket of noise was almost overbearing on his senses.  Maako was not happy with the present situation.  Five minutes in this new plane and already people were trying to kill him.  And his new friend kept yelling at him!

How rude. 

Momentary distractions for the present moment it would seem and he followed her out the rear of the building and made his way down the alley that was narrow for his shoulders to pass through.  Turning sideways he followed behind her, trying to blew out a few strands of hair that were still smoking.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Rhindeer

Into the alley they went, and Sachi had a much easier time navigating through them than her strange...companion...did. She was quite adept at fitting through narrow spaces, not that the alley was that narrow for most people! For her friend, though...

She turned around when she felt him blowing on her, and gave him a sharp look, waving a hand at him to signal him to knock it off. It kept tickling her neck!

"Okay, so what now?!" she asked as she kept inching along. "Where to? Can ya do the flying thing again?"

Lion

"No time.  No air!  Too much hot stuff!" he squealed, narrowly missing an arrow that scathed across his arm.  He eeped and took Sachi a bit roughly, throwing her onto his back and lunging forward on all fours.  He wasn't exactly built to bound off like a dog or another four-legged creature, but it was a heck of a lot faster than running on two legs, or trying to fly and then promptly get shot down again.

Maako drew himself along in a steady lop, his limbs unused to the action, but getting along just fine as he leapt over a wagon and made his way for what looked like a sewer grate...and someone else throwing a sack down it.

He didn't waste time, the ground already slimy and wet, and slid along his belly, shoving the other person aside and the heavy sack of whatever it was and slipping into the large man-sized grate...and plunging down the fall below.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

"AHH!"

If Maako had any hopes of being stealthy, they were ruined by Sachi's scream as she found herself riding him like a horse.  And Sachi did not like horses, and they didn't like her, and she didn't trust anyone's legs or wings but her own! She clung to him for dear life, tail whipping out behind her like a streamer, and then--

Oh no.

He wasn't--

He WOULDN'T--

And then they were sailing down into the sewer.

Sachi would have loved to claim she wasn't familiar with the sewers, but yeah. She was. Wasn't her first time by any means, but that didn't mean she hated it any less. And at least those other few times, she'd gone in prepared! Worn the right clothes (ones she would burn later), nice high boots, covered her nose and mouth with a cloth bundled up with nice-smelling herbs. Not this time!

Down, down they went, the stench already gagging her, and then came the inevitable splash.

They hit the bottom, Sachi rolling off of him in the impact, and she had no sooner gotten to her feet when she was hurling her guts up.

What was left of them, anyway.

"Why the sewer?" she moaned between retching fits, eyes watering.

This was the worst day ever.

Lion

Maako was no more pleased than she was!  But at least he wasn't crying about it!  He got to his feet, a little taller than her, and shaking off the, erm, residue that built up from the impact.  Or splash.  No word was making this any easier to bear.

"It was the only opening," Maako said, spitting and his hand screamed at the sensation of all the ick on his palm.  "Oh, sorry!"

It spat venom and hissed at Maako.  "You ee-diot!, " the mouth on his hand hissed.  "You should know better than to make katha on me!"

"I didn't!  We are just...in the stinky," Maako replied sheepishly.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

In the stinky. In the stinky!

"Oh, we just got so many diseases!" she whined, grimacing as she lifted her tail, which was coated and dripping with--no, she didn't want to think about it. With another dry retch and full-body shudder, she flicked her tail to dislodge it of...some of the...stuff.

"All the diseases. We have them all. We're officially lepers and--OH HOLY CRAP!"

She snapped a look at Maako--or more specifically, his hand--and gaped. "It really does talk! Your hand, I wasn't just imagining that. Whoa, damn, does it have like...its own brain? Are you making it talk, or does it just do its own thing?"

Lion

"Dezeeeses? Diseeeeases?  Dizzy-ese," Maako was busy mushing out the word when his hand turned its attention to Sachi and glared at her between toothy blinks.  Once the eyeballa appeared and got a good look at her, the organ vanished and turned back into it's mouth.

"This is the thing you were tumbling all around for!?" his hand spat in irritation. 

Maako turned between the two of them, looking at his palm.  "NO! yes!...Yes.  Don't be mean.  She saved our skins... We'd've been set on fire if not for her."

"We almost were because of her!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

Yeah, that talking mouth-hand-eyeball-thing was really disconcerting.

...But also kind of wicked?

Sachi might have grabbed his hand for a closer look if she wasn't so skeeved out by being covered in...gods, yeah, not going there. Another lump rose in her throat but she choked it back down with a flattering gagging sound and did her best to breathe through her mouth.

"Hey, lookit that, we all almost got set on fire and we all almost died and saved each others' skins so wow, it sure looks like we're all square and stuff now!" Though she couldn't remember when she'd saved this strange guy's life. But she wasn't going to correct him, either. Hey, if he wanted to thank her for imagined heroics, she wasn't going to get in the way of that! "We good now? Yeah? Okay! So let's get the hell outta here before I start pukin' organs. C'mon."

She felt pretty confident that the guards wouldn't follow them here. But she also feared they might try to intercept them at some other sewer entrance. Luckily, she was familiar with the city's underbelly, so she motioned after Maako for him to follow. "I've got sooo many questions for you, my friend," she said as she started to trudge along, and coughed again, going deathly pale at a particularly potent whiff of...stuff.

Lion

"I've got sooo many questions for you, my friend."

At those words, Maako's eyes dilated considerably. Friend.  "Frieeeeeend," he hissed and immediately moved to Sachi's side, clinging to her like static to fabric.  Still, he made an effort to scurry right behind her. Those words still reverberated on his mind and he mulled over them. He was only in this realm for five minutes and already he had made a friend.  A best friend!

"So where are we going?  Are we going to bathe?  Can I see you naked?  Can I wash your hair?  I'll clean if if you want to! I'm good at that!  I promise I'm gentler than i look!" he chittered off excitedly.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

Oh Sach, what have you done...?!

"Uhhhh, what?" Sachi choked out, coughing both on fumes and incredulity. Oh sweet gods, was this going to become a problem? This was going to become a problem, wasn't it? Shiiiiit. The monster man was nice and well-meaning and had saved her life and all, but did she want to be stuck with him long term? Hell no! She had things to do! A life to live! And he was awfully clingy!

Time to start planning a way out of this.

"We're getting outta the sewer, yeah we're gonna bathe, NO ya can't see me naked and hell no ya aren't touching my hair," she said, shuddering at the idea of it. With that hand, sometimes an eyeball and sometimes a mouth...in her hair...hurk. Nope, nope, nooope.

She gave his shoulder an awkward pat. "I'm sure you're great and gentle but washin' and whatnot and I dunno how things are done where you're from, but here? It's a private thing, you know?"

Lion

[Yes, Maako is ridiculously clingy xD Whoops.]

"Oh yes, I understand," Maako murmured. He cold still hardly contain his excitement as he followed her. He was going to get a bath, a real bath.  And no scalding lava this time!

He giggled something but he tried to hide it.  So instead he figured conversation was an adequate distraction.  "You...why were they trying to kill you?" he asked.  "What did you do?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

[I love it. xDDD Sachi is in for a headache, bwahahaha!]

"What did I do? I didn't do nothin'!" Sachi said with a huff of indignation and a flick of her tail that sent muck splattering the wall. "I was just all by my lonesome, out getting a bite to eat, when those thugs pounced me and decided hooray, let's have a lynch mob! So rude, really."

Yeah, that definitely sounded better than "I held up some rich guy's carriage and stole his shinies because...shiny." It wasn't a full lie, either. Those riches were going to pay for food, after all. And clothes. And wine. And gambling...

"Monsters, the lot of them. Ah, here we are!" And with a relieved smile, Sachi pointed to a crude, rusted grate above them and cautiously pushed it open.

Lion

"That's terrible!" Not that Maako really believed her, but if he at least pretended to be on her side, maybe she'd let him wash her hair. It was nice looking and other than the grimy goop looked pretty soft to pet.  And allowing him to touch her hair was the highest honor he could ever hope for.

He followed her to the other grate and even held it open for her her with his other arms.  "Then it's a good thing I came along," he said, smiling sharp teeth at her. "Or you probably would have been real dead."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

After poking her head out to check that the coast was clear, Sachi hauled herself out and flopped out onto the filthy, but far cleaner, street, sucking in fresh air. Though it was still tinged with her own stink. Ughhhh...she was going to smell like shit for days.

"Yeah, I'd be super dead," she said as she finally sat up--and her stomach twisted with a pang of nausea, not only because of the stench but also because of that thought. It had all felt strangely surreal in the moment, and then she'd been so unconventionally rescued. She had been so distracted that she had never really had time to realize just what all that had meant, that she had literally almost died. She swallowed hard, and smeared some of her filthy hair out of her face with a grimace.

Damn...

Looking back down at Maako, she let out a slow, shaky breath. Well. She wasn't going to freak out about her own mortality now, long after the fact. It was over with, she was alive. That was what mattered. "Thanks, by the way," she said. "For the fabulous timing."

Lion

Thankfully, for her at least, Maako was not a manipulative individual, or would be expecting favors in return for the favor of saving her life. In truth the trouble of all of this was not something he would have willingly fallen into. As it were, even though they smelled, he rather thought it ended well. And better that they were stinky and alive than stinky and dead, right?

He had no intention of holding it to her that she somehow owed him.

"Then I will follow you until it's time for me to go, yes?" Maako murmured, although it wasn't really a question, and he wasn't really paying attention to anything she might have replied to it. "Do you live somewhere close by? I promise I will not be in a the way. I'll be a good Maako.  I'm very good at being good, you'll see."

He even reached across to thwack some slop that was dripping from Sachi's tail.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

"Errr...right," Sachi said, and twitched her tail out of his reach. Stay with her until it was time for him to go? Did that mean she could say it was time now, and he would go?

She eyed him sidelong, considering, and then let out a sigh. She didn't want the extra weight or burden of another person clinging to her, especially one as chaotic and conspicuous as him, but he had saved her life, and she owed him. Even thieves had honor, after all; the least she could do was see him cleaned and fed.

He didn't have to stick his neck out for her, and he could have gotten himself killed doing so. She would have been dead otherwise.

Just relax.

Turning to look at him, she jerked her chin off to the right and started to lead. "It's this way," she said. "Ain't that far. I got some money stashed away, enough to afford us a bath and a meal. Just...try not to stand out too much? Like, no talky hand thingy, yeah? No gaping maws. Good?"

Lion

The no gaping maws bit and standing out too much were the easy requests of the two. The talking hand, oh he would try to muffle as the eye flicked back and blinked outwardly to glare at Sachi. Oh if it had a chance, it would snap that annoying tail of hers right off.

"I'll be on my best behavior," Maako promised and trailed after her.  His stomach grumbled loudly at the thought of food.  And his skin flared with heat. "Oh...I'm so hungry!  What kind of food do you have here in this city?  No cats right?  Cats are terrible. Hairballs everywhere."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Tags: