Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Unchained flower (ZeroOrgan)

Started by Mephistel, April 16, 2016, 03:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephistel

Sitting in the corner of an old bar, Baël was waiting. There was a drink in front of her, which she barely touched, if only to keep the waiter away, telling her to scram because she wasn't buying or doing anything. The small girl had been looking around for some jobs, but nothing so far. Perhaps her small figure wasn't all that attractive, even tough she was strong.

Her staff was sitting next to her as she looked rather bored. Her aqua eyes looking around the place. Many people had come in, but none had particularly attracted her attention. In another corner, there was a small group of adventurers, in armors and weapons. They looked ready to hunt a dragon. At the bar, the counter to be more precise, stood two young woman, with nice curves and long blond hair.

They were praising a man while he was poured alcohol into his glass. It was almost night time and she sighed again. The tavern was getting crowded again and nobody really noticed her so far. Of course, such a small girl with no real womanly figure wouldn't stand so much. Even tough she was almost bare chest, only a band of tissue covering her breast. They weren't that small....they just weren't that big either.

Taking a sip as she wondered if something would happen...

ZeroOrgan

Edaire opened the tavern door, a broad smile adorning his face. He was weary from his travels, and moved towards the bar. He looked around, nodding to the woman (Bael) And towards the adventurers, his gaze wasn't distracted by her bossom or any woman in general, he walked with purpose towards the bar. As Edaire reached the bar, the adventures started pulling out a paper, gazing to him wearily.  Edaire was minding his own business at the time. He looked to the bartender , smiling.

"Ill take a whiskey" Said Edaire, the bartender nodded and placed a bottle of whiskey and a shot glass infront of him , Edaire placed a few gold coins.

Although as always, trouble found Edaire, and there was a fist, swung directly into his face. honestly Edaire didn't feel  much, might as well been a tickle, although it had force and drove his face towards the right, and caused him to stumble off the seat. He looked towards his attacker, and all of the mercenaries were on him in an instant.

The eldest adventurer spoke "E-edaire! Y..You got a mighty bounty on your head! and we intend to take it! ,100,000 gold coins!" He spoke with a stutter of fear.

Edaire smiled broadly, "If I am worthy of such bounty, strike me down where I stand.."

The Adventurers took no time, they thrust and slashed, stabbing into his back scalemail, one spear going directly into his gut.  Another sword quickly dug into his bicep, he was bleeding..rather quickly, they quickly backed off, to let him bleed out. A small pool of blood started to form around Edaire.

Edaire stood up, as if nothing had happened, although still pained, very much so internally, on the outside he looked fine.

"You'll have to try harder." His armor formed again, and his bleeding quickly stopped. Edarie glaring daggers at his , shocked attackers.

Mephistel

Baël looked up as she heard the commotion. Wondering what was going on. It seemed like a pretty high bounty had made it's way in. But it wasn't on her to do list, even tough the price was interesting. She got up and walked toward the scene, her staff in hand. She opened wide eyes as she saw the armor getting back in one piece and the man stand back up. That was a rather unique ability.

-Hmm...-

The man hadn't noticed her until she made a sound. They jumped out a bit when they saw her and eventually calmed down, seeing she was just some little girl. She was small alright, but they had no idea of her abilities.

-I've decided!-

She said, nodding.

-I'll be the one to take that bounty! But...I have no idea how to kill you right now...hmm...-

She seemed to be thinking for a moment. The other mercenaries looked at her, then started to laugh, almost forgetting about Eldaire for a moment.

-And what are you gonna do girlie? Go back home and play doll!-

Her fist went straight into the man's face, breaking jaws and nose as he fell to the ground unconscious. She turned her back on Eldaire and faced the remaining man.

-Then I'll make sure no one else can kill him until I do!-

She seemed to be please with her plan and in a few kicks and punch, with a few hack of her staff, the man's were unable to fight. Baël was quick on her feet and light. She had a good fighting stance and her body delivered more power then one would think. She landed back in front of Eldaire and smiled at him.

ZeroOrgan

Edaire was impressed, none the less. He smiled he looked towards the men, eyeing their wounds , shifting the piece of hay on his mouth before looking back to the girl, placing his hands on his hips.  He spoke with a tad of cleverness to his voice.

"You fight pretty well for a small girl, no skill in beating weak cowards and boys calling themselves 'men'" He chuckled to himself, and then shook his head.

"I have an offer for you beautiful, I've got double that money hidden away in a stash, you protect me, and Ill give you that money , I would defend myself but, certain..restrictions prohibit me from ever lifting a blade. . ."

Mephistel

Baël turned her head toward the man, looking at him with her valid eye, the other hidden under an eyepatch. She didn't talk back at the comment, but when he talked about the coins, she was a bit more interested. That much was a lot and she wondered if he was telling the truth or not.

-Do you now? -

She wondered. But it didn't seemed like a bad deal. Leaning on her staff, she made some calculation. If she was to get that much money, and not even have to kill the man, it did sounded good, even too good to be true. She gave him an interrogating look, as she had a hard time believing him.

-Then you show me the money...and then I'll protect you...-

She said.

ZeroOrgan

"Here is the catch beautiful " Edaire replied.  moved his hand towards his whiskey bottle, taking in a few gulps, releasing a rasp of relief .

"That stash is in a hidden location, In Essyrn. S,pose we head there, and then we get the money. I am harmless in my current state, so you need not worry about me harming you, and you can handle yourself. Ill sweeten the deal, Ill add my enchanted greatsword to the mix, do whatever you wish with it ,but its to add more to the deal, hows that sound?"

Edaire smiled

Mephistel

She raised an eyebrow, thinking about it. Hopefully he wasn't lying. The greatsword was interesting at the very least. She extended her hand.

-Fine, I accept, my name is Baël, mercenary...whats yours?-

She asked, waiting for him to shake her hand. It was how humans made deal was it not? During that time, the guys who had try to take her new employer on were leaving, mostly ashamed that such a small and thin girl had manage to get the best of them.

ZeroOrgan

Edaire smiled, before shaking her hand rather firmly.  His smile broadened and his straw shifted.

"Edaire, I was a mercenary too, wish I was still too," He shrugged "S,pose it doesn't matter"

Edaire moved towards the door, motioning her to follow as he made way towards his horse, beginning to saddle it. "Do you have a horse? Its a long ride"

Mephistel

She shook his hand then nodded. She would remember his name, at least, for now. She didn't inquire about his past, it wasn't of her business. Right now, he was her employer and the one she had to protect and it was all that mattered at the moment.

Once outside, she looked at him.

-You travel by night time?-

She asked, looking at him. Not that she cared much. She shook her head at his question. She didn't had a horse, she always traveled by foot.

-No...I don't...but I can ride with you...I don't think that I would strain the horse...-

She said.

ZeroOrgan

Edaire shrugged, looking back at her and sizing her up and down, a stern look apon his face as he placed a pipe in his mouth. Lighting it quickly before responding

"Quite so, makes things interesting. "

He finished saddling his horse, smiling as he heard her second response. " I wouldn't mind beautiful , hop on" He quickly mounted his horse,  patting the horses maine lightly, the horse neighed.

Mephistel

If it was his wish, then so be it. Night never scared her really and the night wind was always refreshing. She waited for him to saddle up and get on before walking to the horse side and get on, behind the man.

Tough, people rarely hit the road at night because of bandits, wolves and others beings been actives during those dark hours, she wondered what he found interesting in that. Encountering more ennemies then necessary was not very efficient in her mind.

She held her hands to his waist, ready to move on. Her staff held in her back, her cloak around her shoulders to keep her warm.

- I am ready when you are...-

She spoke, looking at him with her valid eye.

ZeroOrgan

Edaire gave a light kick to the horse, maybe not even a kick just a push with his foot, the horse neighed, shaking its head left and right before it picked up into a trot, and then very quickly a gallop. Edaire chuckled to himself, shifting the pipe in his mouth and darting into the woods. The nice blast of air from the speed relative to the air around him was enthralling. reminded him of when he could actually fight, without the chains binding him. Even when he didn't fight they were still a pain sometimes, they burned and all of that painful stuff. But Edaire adjusted quickly, he wouldn't let some mere chains bind him from life, He was going to break these chains..one way, or another.

He rode throughout the night, making to near the edge of the forest, where he reared the horse, eyeing the area around them.

He sighed, going to move his horse until an arrow, flew dirrectly into his shoulder, he grunted lightly, shifting foward, grimancing his face and twisting his expression and head, he pulled out the arrow, and sighed.

"Bodyguard? "He smiled, looking to Bael, raising his chin and nodding his head towards the attacker.

Mephistel

As they run into the night, Baël was holding herself against the man. She wasn't the best rider in the world, but she could handle herself. The wind on her face felt nice, her cloak floating behind her as the stars guided their path.

Until they stopped for a moment, just long enough for some unlucky people to attack them. She nodded and stood on the horse, she was so light the horse didn't even budge as she stood there, in perfect balance. Taking out her staff, she pointed toward the archer.

-Rock!-

She called. Under the man's feet, the ground started shaking and he was soon sent flying into the air as a large chunk of earth and rock popped out of the ground at high speed. The man fell away a dozen meters from the impact point. But he wasn't alone. More bandits came in. Swirling her staff around, she called once again, one short word.

-Shield!-

And at that word, a large gust of wind surrounded the horse, deflecting the incoming arrows that were shot. She jumped from the horse and headed into the fray, leaving the shield of wind up, making a sphere around Edaire and the horse. She jumped from man to man, kicking them in the face or hitting them with her staff, breaking a few skulls as she went, barely touching the ground. It was quite a acrobatic feat.

ZeroOrgan

Edaire turned the horse so he would get a better view, a broad smile quickly reaching his face as the bandits were killed, one by one . He chuckled shaking his head as she finished, he clapped his hands.

"Well done beautiful! We should camp, going to be a long journey ahead of us."

Edaire dismounted, taking the saddlebags off the horse, and awaited response.

Mephistel

Once the bandits were dealt with, she turned back toward Edaire, she didn't understand how that man was thinking, if he had wanted to sleep, why not doing it back at the inn? This man was inefficient...She sighed but he was the employer, tough, she still asked.

-If you wanted to sleep the night...why didn't you wait till day before leaving the inn?-

She said as she walked back toward Edaire as he was dismounting. The wind rush was gone now. She didn't mind, but she truly just couldn't understand.

ZeroOrgan

Edaire shrugged, "I had a bad feeling about that place, you saw with the adventurers, and I dont believe Ill be dead anytime soon, Id rather  not be made a human cactus with all the spears being thrust into me. " He flashed a smile, before going to set up camp a tad off of the road, grumbling as he set up the tent.

"So Bael, got any interesting stories ? "

Storm clouds rumbled...

Mephistel

The girl tilted her head. Hearing the rumbling in the sky, she sighed. Perhaps she should have warn him about the bad weather coming tonight, but it would last only until morning. She hope he had a tent or something.

-No...not really...I'm just a mercenary...grew up with one...been doing that since then...-

She cratched her head, playing with a small thread of hair falling over her face. The flower on her head started glowing slightly for a moment then stopped. She wasn't the kind to talk much about herself nor to care about another's story.

-Why is it that you can't fight?-

She asked.

ZeroOrgan

"Made the wrong deal "He said bluntly, trying to hint at why he wasn't comfortable sharing that information. He set up a large tend, hammering the stakes into the ground and then finally raising the tent up into the air, a small downpour began, and he grumbled as he tied his horse to a tree, and gave it cover with the large tree as a natural shelter, he moved into the tent, and began to set down two bedrolls.

"Make yourself at home , 'least for the night."

Mephistel

It was obvious the man didn't want to talk about it, so she didn't ask more question, after all, it wasn't her place. She simply nodded. All people could make mistake, and seen how inefficient he was, she wasn't all that surprised.

She had always put a priority to do things nice and quick. As he put up the tent, she lift her head toward the sky, it was starting to rain. After a moment, she walk to the tent and enter so to be safe from the rain.

She sat down, legs crossed.

-Should I keep watch?

She asked.

ZeroOrgan

"Go ahead beautiful" Said Edaire lazily, he was tired, and his chains were acting up again, so he slipped into his bedroll, placing his boots next to him, and attempting to drift into sleep.

He shifted and turned idly, not really responding unless touches.He didn't have much to say.

A Rustle in the bushes came apon Bael's ears.

Tags: