Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Blood, sweat and even more sweat [M]

Started by Medievarad, April 29, 2016, 12:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

"Not surprised," Quicksilver quipped in response, stopping to examine her hand. "If you're given a nickname by the mocals. Must mean you're part of the furniture here."

Fukurou

Zaryn grabbed his belly as his guffaws filled the air. "Sometimes I feel like the resident pet! Or maybe just a circus attraction." The warrior took a deep breath as he attempted to collect himself. After a few seconds of recovery, he finally spoke up again. "So, what's your favorite place in Le'raana?"

Medievarad

Quicksilver shrugged slowly, before snorting and spitting on the sand. "Connloath," she answered with a soft shrug.

Fukurou

Zaryn raised an eyebrow. She didn't seem like to be into their conversation, but he decided to press on anyway.

"Connlaoth, huh? Why's that? I've never been, but I have a relative who speaks very poorly of Connlaoth. Well, he's a mage, so I guess that makes sense. But still. What's so great about Connlaoth?"

Medievarad

Quicksilver smirked softly. "Connlaothians hate creatures like these as much as me," she answered with a soft chuckle.

Fukurou

"I also heard they eat their own shit, but who knows," Zaryn snickered.

Medievarad

"Who?" Quicksilver inquired with a soft chuckle. "Connloathians or monsters?"

Fukurou

Zaryn smirked and raised an eyebrow. "There's a difference?"

Medievarad

"Eyup," Quicksilver noted. "Connloathians don't eat people's family."

Fukurou

"Yeah, but they murder people simply for who they are," Zaryn spat. The irritation on his face quickly melted away as he realized what exactly Quicksilver had said. "Oh well, uh, yeah. Monsters are pretty bad, too."

Medievarad

"And?" Quicksilver glanced at Zaryn. "I make monsters suffer just because they were born that way," she replied with a shrug.

Fukurou

"Because they eat people's families, huh?"

Medievarad

"Yup," Quicksilver said, popping the 'P' as she did, almost skipping along the sand now.

Fukurou

Zaryn stood back and watched the girl skip ahead. He wasn't sure if she was just insane or if she had some deep rooted issues. Perhaps it was both. Regardless, she certainly is an odd one. Shaking his head, he followed the girl under the hot sun until they came to a small settlement besides an oasis.

"Well, here we are," Zaryn said as he stretched out his arms.

Medievarad

Quicksilver smirked. "Seems like it," she chirped, putting the fangs down and stretching aswell, yawning slowly. "I could use a bath, though I doubt they have a spa here!"

Fukurou

"Ooooh wouldn't that be nice," Zaryn said as he walked towards the middle of the settlement. "I actually have a bit of business to do if you don't mind. It should be really quick."

Medievarad

Quicksilver nodded. "It would be," she answered with a soft hum. "I'll wait here then, I s'pose." At that, the put the large fangs on the ground and sat down, closing her eyes with a sigh.

Fukurou

"Okidok. Be right back." Zaryn sauntered off with the shriveled up eyeball still skewered on the tip of his scimitar. He walked up to a small tent, waving at the two Essyrni guards as he ducked inside.

"Ah, Zaryn," a voice at the end of the tent purred.

"Hey boss," Zaryn said, blinking as his eyes adjusted to the dim light of the tent. A gruff looking man lounging atop pillows faded into his vision, supporting himself on his thick, muscled arms. "I got something for ya!" Zaryn waved the raisoned eyeball in front of him, smiling as he did so.

"What the hell is that?" The man scowled as his deep-set eyes followed the motion of the scimitar.

"This belonged to the creature he sent me to kill. He's good as dead!"

"You brought me the eyeball?!" The man sat up, his voise rising in irritation with every word. "What the fuck am I gonna do with a fucking eyeball?"

"Hey, hey." Zaryn raised his hands up in front of him in a pacifying manner. "You said you wanted it dead, and it's dead."

"Look, you fucking horned idiot! I told you to get me a trophy, not a fucking eyeball!"

Medievarad

Quicksilver instead sat down on the sands as Zaryn xas having a movely chat with his employer. She crinkled her nose and picked up a handful of sand, starting to scrub away the blood that coated most of her body.

Fukurou

"My patience is running out," the boss grumbled as he grabbed the chestnut pipe laying next to him. He took out a small red and gold sack and fished out a clump of black tobacco with his thick, calloused fingers. As he stuffed the bowl and lit the pipe, he said, "to think that you can pay off your debt with a fucking eyeball... you must be a stupid motherfucker." He took a long drag and blew a stream of smoke in the direction of Zaryn. "You offend me, you know. Lucky for you, I'll give you another chance. Take one of those contracts sitting by the entrance. Fail me, and I'll take your own fucking horns as a trophy, understand?"

His face void of his usual smile, Zaryn bowed his head. "Yes, sir." He scooped up a contract and ducked out of the tent.

As he wandered back over to Quicksilver, he let out a long sigh and quickly masked his troubled expression with a wide smirk. "Hey darling!" Zaryn waved the contract in the air as he approached. "You said you liked hunting monsters, didn'tcha?"