Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Those Who Walk West

Started by visualspice, May 01, 2016, 05:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: This thread is open by requests! Please read up and  post your plotting ideas here if you are interested in joining!

The winds were terrible that day, and the sun; blinding. Cloudless skies often meant the snow covered grounds of the tundra would ice over, and make travel conditions slippery at best. Though it were true, as Aezaentii and her small band of runaways walked beneath the dripping icicles from trees, the young woman could not help herself as she paused beneath them, closing her eyes and smiling as she felt their cool rain upon her flesh. It was a lovely contrast to the inviting warmth of the sun and the howling call of the wind.

But it was nature, and this.... she closed her hands into fists at her side, taking in the sweet smell of the sun through the pine needles and fresh melting snow waters; this was freedom.

"Do you thin we ought to stop here for a rest? We've been on this tundra for a while with no real trees in sight for days."

"Aye, it is a relief to see a tree, and here we've got a whole copse of 'em, eh Aezaentii?"

The young woman smiled and turned to the two men who were gushing over the very sight she was basking in. She nodded.
"We have traveled far and will travel farther still. Let's make camp and enjoy the sun while it is still high and blessing us."

They didn't have much in terms of supplies, the little they did have they clung onto as securely as their lives. But ever since they had gained their sentry, the great furred behemoth from the mountains, things seemed to get easier and Aezaentii smiled up at the beast as she approached.

"Let me sit on your shoulder."

A simple request, no command, but the beast flicked it's stubby ears before bending on one knee and putting out it's large hand for her. She stepped into his palm, using his thumb for support and turned to him with a nod, and he lifted her up onto his shoulder.

The world was so much different from up there. The sun felt warmer,t he world- bigger, and even the winds had a different smell and taste. She leaned in against the great beast's neck as the pair walked past the line of trees while Aezaentii's eyes surveyed the land. So much land, but so little life.....
But the sudden fluttering of a pair of black birds had her turning-
and she felt her heart catch in her throat.

"Greygor! Over there!" The beasts blackened nose chuffed as it saw the figure too, lying in the snow unmoving. It didn't take the great beast long to cross the lands and small stream to the figure, and he let the girl off his shoulder as Aezaentii approached the figure, eyes brimming with concern.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Damien was hungry.

It had been too long since he'd fed. Days. Nearly weeks. He wasn't entirely sure how he'd wound up on his back in the snow- he had a vague memory of stumbling in this direction the previous night- but he had no real interest in moving.

Then he heard voices. Oh no. He needed to move, he really needed to move. What if he couldn't control himself, what if he attacked?

He felt more than saw the girl kneel beside him and tried to shift away, groaning as every muscle in his body protested the movement.

visualspice

The groans only fortified her fear the poor man was in agony. Alone in the snow was a terrible fate, and soon she placed a soft, small hand on his shoulder and said, "Are you alright? Do you need help? We can offer you food and shelter. We even have a lady who can stitch up wounds..."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

His eyes snapped open, a spark of red flaring to life in his pupils. With a groan, Damien pushed himself up onto his elbows and blinked at the stranger.

Who was she? What was she doing out here? What did she mean "we"- who was she with?

Dozens of questions spiraled through his mind, but all he could managed to croak out was, "Food...please..."

Hunt. Bite. Kill.

Her clenched his eyes shut and gritted his teeth, fingers curling into fists. "Please. Hurry."

visualspice

The woman stared at him for longer than she'd like at his request, but nodded before she turned towards her giant beast.

"Greygor, my bag," she asked, her hand out and waiting as the large giant plucked it from his fur and bent all the way over to delicately hand it to the girl. A girl is what she looked like compared to the massive beast, her eyes so large and doe like they nearly conquered her face out of the rest of her paleness. Her skin was pale, her lips- pale but chapped; even her hair was pale as it wove it's way down from atop of her head and cascaded over her shoulders.

She might also have seemed child like because of her heritage. The fae, (as she was evidently suh with her short, but pointed ears), were often very young looking and spirited. But she was wise enough and old enough to be as woman as any other.

Taking her bag, she thanked the beast and fetched out three sticks of dried rabbit meat. It was the last bit of meat she had on her person, but she had eaten earlier that day- and who knew the last time this man had a bite to eat.

With the jerky resting in her hand, she held it out for him.
"Here, eat this," she told him gently, her eyes sparkling, hopeful he'd feel better after he had at least some of that.

DragonSong

He almost pounced on her for the food, but managed to restrain himself. He did grab snatch the meat out of her hands with barely more than a grunt and scarfed it down.

Not enough. It would hold him over for a few more hours maybe, but he needed to feed.

Damien forced himself to breathe and looked up at the girl with a little more focus. "Th-thanks." He pushed himself into a proper sitting position. "Who..." His eyes flicked past her to the hulking beast and he swallowed. "Uh, who are you?"

visualspice

She couldn't help the broad smile consuming her lips as he remained knelt beside him.
"I am Aezaentii," she told him, a hand pressed to her chest before she extended it towards the beast. "And this is Greygor." Her grin grew crooked. "Greygor is a bit intimidating, is he not?" She turned to him, smiling proudly before she turned her attention back to Damien. "But don't worry, he won't hurt you. Unless of course I asked him to." And her grin remained playful, if not a little coy.

"Might I have your name, stranger?"

DragonSong

He swallowed. "Uh, right: and you're not going to ask him to, Miss Aza- Azan- damn that's a mouthful." He offered a lopsided smile. "You got a nickname, lass."

With a little grunt of effort, he got to his feet, then bowed at the waist. "Name's Damien. It's a pleasure."

Jounin64

Markus had been watching Aezaentii and Greygor from afar. "So brave yet caring...she reminds me more and more of Lillian everyday." The advisor whispers to himself. Seeing that her and the stranger began conversing, he notices something odd about the young man. Back in his adventuring days, Markus remembered meeting undead with similar features as him, some friendly, some hostile, and some just shambled. Though the stranger seems no harm, and Markus knows his queen is more than capable in defending herself, he decides to intervene anyways, to at least assert the queen's position.

Walking up to them, Markus clears his throat. "She has many nicknames, but you may address her as your majesty. You my boy have just met The Queen of the North, the beautiful yet strong queen that will bring eternal peace to Le'raana."

DragonSong

"Queen of the North?"

Damien tilted his head. As far as he knew, the tundra had no monarchy. "Uh, sure. I mean- yeah, sure. Your Majesty."

visualspice

Aezaentii blushed, dropping her gaze.
"I'm no Queen, at least not yet, but we do travel with the intention of seeking peace."

DragonSong

"I...see," Damien said slowly, tilting his head to the side. "Ah- actually I don't see. But hey, if he calls you a queen, I see no reason to disagree, m'lady."

He gave her a rather charming grin, somehow finding it in himself to dredge up a bit of human emotion despite how close to the edge of that beast-like hunger he was.

visualspice

Greygor grumbled as Aezaentii turned to him and smiled. She ran her finger's against the beasts' side before looking over towards Markus. Then her gaze once returned to Damien.

As she studied him, even she noticed something was a little... off. But then again, these were lands were many creatures and human types thrived. Down south..... it was rare to even believe a creature such as Greygor was even real. Yet there he was, a towering beast at her side...
And a companion, a true willing friend.

"Are you really all alone out here? The tundra is very unforgiving, to those without, or even with, numbers."

DragonSong

Damien chuckled bitterly. "Yeah, I'm alone, lass. Usually safer that way, in my case." His eyes flickered over her companions and then, slowly, back to her. "Who're your friends? M'lady."

Jounin64

"Me? I am but a humble servant to the rightful Queen of the North, but to refer to me by name, I am Markus Krey. The hunter outstretched his hand. Though his gesture seemed friendly enough, his eyes shot daggers at this Damien. "And what brings you to this area alone?"

DragonSong

Damien certainly didn't miss the look Markus gave him, but he took his hand anyway.

"That's my own business," he said with a friendly smile. "Normally I keep to myself around Fell, but I thought I'd get a change of scenery."

visualspice

Her attention perked up.
"The Fell?" Her,eyes locked onto his. "Is that where you're from?"

DragonSong

Damien looked at her and offered a crooked, almost sheepish smile. "Err...sorta. Don't worry 'bout it, lass. I'm no mage, so I haven't got the sickness..."

visualspice

She studied him astutely.
"I wouldn't presume you are.... You... seem different than most." But what he was exactly she couldn't quite put her finger on. Something was off, sure, but she felt no less threatened by him than she did with Greygor.

"But if you've been to, or at least near The Fell...  I would be interested in asking you a few questions, if you wouldn't mind sharing them with me." She offered him a kind smile. "I can offer you more food at a spot around our fire, and a place to travel with us if you'd like."

DragonSong

His smile softened a bit at the edges, genuinely touched by the kindness of a stranger. It had been a long time since he'd felt so...human.

"Food and a fire would be much appreciated, milady." Quickly, he added, "But I don't wanna impose on ya. Sure there's not something more I can do for you? I'm happy to answer your questions of course, but don't ya want...something else?"

Tags: