Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Once Upon A Dream

Started by DragonSong, May 13, 2016, 04:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Uncaring of why, Nani was thrilled to have the contact. She gripped his hand firmly, her palm still having that strange, crackling-burning feeling. Strange, but not necessarily painful.

"No sorry," she said softly, following after him. "Think...maybe I did that?" She wasn't sure, really.

Draconian

Cadreinth stared down at his hand for a moment, firmly in hers, frowning.

Fine.

"Alright. I give up. Take me to your leader," he gave her an irritated look - he had stuff to do like... be stranded for the time being. The crackling wasnt unfamiliar, the way his magic presented its self had made him familiar to strange jolts of electricity on his fingers.

"Why again do you want to come with me?" He asked in a bit of a huff.

DragonSong

Nani's eyes went wide and sparkling. She gave a happy cry and squeezed his hand. She rather wanted to hug him, but was starting to understand perhaps foreigners did not enjoy such public displays of affection so much.

"Yes! Yes, come with me, meet-" she fell into a jabber of Yoreiqi, then seemed to realized what she was doing as shook her head, tugging him along down the beach. "Village close. Come, come!"

Her brow furrowed a bit and she added softly, "Have to be with you. Important...somehow."

Draconian

Important somehow.

Descriptive.

Cadreinth sighed and pressed his palm to his eye socket, politely following the woman as she wandered towards where ever. Just gotta keep an idea of where they were going.  "Sure, whatever, I just gotta get back before meal time or I miss getting food," and he'd found himself far more hungry than he thought he was.

DragonSong

"Food?" She positively beamed at that. "We can give food, yes, good food! You like Yoreiqi food?" Without waiting for an answer, she squeezed his hand again and continued babbling in her broken Common as she towed him down the beach.

"Happy to come. Don't know why, but I had to come here today. Good thing, I think. You are seller, yes? Trader?"

Draconian

His eyebrows rose and he tilted his head.

Cadreinth, the High Lord of Jadenshine.

A simple trader? A purse of his lips and he let himself be dragged along. Apparently he was to be fed. Cadreinth sighed and rubbed his face for a moment, head tilted. "I am right now," he confirmed, "so. Can someone in your village tell me whats going on?"

DragonSong

"Ask Miana. She maybe know. Very wise." Nani nodded and smiled at him. It was a bit of a walk to her village, but not too far, and with every step her wings fluttered excitedly as she practically bounced along over the sand, then through the thin trails that led through the trees.

Draconian

Sure.

He knew who that was.

Cadreinth sighed and pushed his hands through his hair trying not to sigh, curious about what trouble he'd gotten himself into because he knew this would be nothing but trouble. Miana. Very wise.

He'll file that away for later use he supposed.

Obediently and curiously, he followed the girl, watching her wings and tilting his head curiously.

"So... What's going on here again?" He finally asked, head tilted, hair falling into his eyes.

DragonSong

Nani blinked at him. "We go to home. Find Miana. Good day, I must tell the others." She gave him a big smile and reached for his hand to pull him along.

Draconian

Cadreinth gave her a hesitant smile, but let her drag him along.

Both curious and suspicious.

Just what was going on here?

"You guys aren't going to eat me, are you?"

DragonSong

Her wings flared out in surprise and she looked at him with wide eyes. "I- what?" She blinked and shook her head rapidly back and forth. "No no no no no! Do people eat people on mainland?"

Draconian

Cadreinth lifted his eyebrows and watched her.

Well, that looked like a no but he smiled all the same and tilted his head curiously, "No, they don't. Well, lead me to this leader person so that they can explain to you I'm not important to you and I can go back to my ship and you can go back to your..." he wrinkled his nose before looking around, "Life."

DragonSong

"Yes. Yes, okay."

She smiled again and continued leading him along, ducking in and out of the trees ever so often to take shortcuts until the small cluster of houses thy made up her village was visible.

Draconian

Cadreinth was polite while she lead him around and he kept his expression neutral. Mostly he wanted to rip his hand away and just go back to the ship. Whose great idea was this? Right. right. His. Taking a deep breath he nodded a few times and waited to be led along. He needed this explained to him.

Because he had no idea what was going on.

"So... Don't speak a lot of common, do you?" He finally winced out, curious.

DragonSong

"Common? Oh, Trade-speak?" She tilted her head at him with a small smile. "Little bit. Not much," she shrugged. "More than most in home. My home. At home?"

A few people must have heard their approach, because heads were poking out of doorways and a steady murmur of curious Yoreiqi started to float through the air as Nani pulled him along into the small village.

Draconian

Cadreinth tried to smile. It looked more like a grimace though.

"Right, well, My Dear, how about we get to this leader of yours so they can explain to me why you're so excited, hmm?" He nodded at her and made a walking motion with his fingers, to mime 'go faster'. "I got stuff to do." Like crawl back onto the ship and hide.

DragonSong

Nani didn't seem to quite understand all of what he said, but she smiled anyway and pulled him into the center of the village, where such things should happen.

A small crowd was gathering around them, curious looks abounding while a few children gradually grew brave enough to come out from behind their parents' legs and shuffle closer, then became suddenly shy again.

"Nani." A woman who could have been an older version of Nani herself, with scarlet streaks through her dark hair and vibrant red and gold wings, came forward and murmured in Yoreiqi, "Who is this? A new trader?"

Nani beamed, shaking her head. "Where is Miana? I need to talk to her, she needs to meet him."

At the mention of the shaman's name, the crowd shifted and looked to each other, the soft murmurs growing in volume.

Draconian

Huh.

Cadreinth felt like he was walking around without pants on.

A brief glance down.

Yup. Pants confirmed. He looked at everyone, catching eyes and frowning when they didn't look away. A purse of his lips and he watched the girl, Nani, being talked to.  A confused look to the girl and he frowned deeply. "Just what the hell is going on?" Was he going to be the main meal? What in the gods was happening?!

DragonSong

"Ama, come meet him," Nani said eagerly, shooting Cadreinth a smile. "This is my mother," she said in her accented Common, gesturing to the scarlet winged woman. Again in Yoreiqi, she said quickly, "Can you talk to him? I need to find Miana, I'll be right back."

Another smile and she hurried away, leaving the older woman to look the stranger up and down curiously. "Hello," she said slowly, her accent even thicker than her daughter's.

Draconian

What.

Cadreinth chewed on the inside of his cheek, frowning deeply. What was going on. Why was this happening to him.

"Hello. Look, lady, I appreciate that your daughter finds me attractive but I'm not going to marry her. You don't know who I am, but I am a very important person in Serendipity." He started, flashing a strained smile before he put his hands on his waist and waited. He was impatient, but not impolite and just walking away wouldn't sate his curiosity.

Tags: