Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Damsel and the Dragon

Started by DragonSong, June 13, 2016, 07:03:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Her interest was piqued, but she didn't want to be rude. Pushing out the other chair with her foot, she waved to it in invitation.

"Could you show me what you mean?" She pushed a spare bit of parchment and a quill to his end of the desk. "Could you write something for me?"

Medievarad

Steel frowned. "Scribing tools," he pulled off his gauntlet and put the paper aside, pressing the claw that substituted an index finger in the desk, carving several odd signs. "Bureel," he said, looking at Lapis. "Desk."

DragonSong

"I see." She leaned over to examine his work, eyes wide behind her spectacles. "Fascinating. It's actually quite similar to some ancient elven scripts, though the vocalized sounds and meaning are quite different. I wonder..."

Her voice trailed off into a mumbled and she twisted to grab a notebook and a small stick of charcoal, scribbling down the symbols to the best of her ability and then writing furiously beneath them.

After a few moments, she glanced up at Steel while she worked. "If you wouldn't mind... I'd be happy to teach you human script in exchange for more of this." She gestured to the marks carved into the desk.

Medievarad

"I don't care to be able to read human, but if you want to learn this," he tapped the symbol on her desk, "I can teach."

DragonSong

"I see. Well, thank you then." She offered a small smile, then gestured to the other chair again. "Please, take a seat. I know this can't be terribly interesting for you, but I really do have to get a few more notes written down before tomorrow."

Medievarad

Steel nodded and sat down on the indicated chair, waiting in silence.

DragonSong

Lapis cast him a few glances, but decided not to attempt more conversation just then. He didn't exactly seem receptive to it.

And she really did need to get this work done. She only stopped when the sun had sunk low enough that she lost the light. With a sigh, she stood and stretched.

"I'm going to turn in," she told Steel. "There's a...bed of sorts made up for you in my room, when you get tired."

Medievarad

Steel stood up aswell, without a word, following her to the room, glancing around. "Judging from your earlier reaction," he started, glancing at Lapis. "Am I allowed to undress?"

DragonSong

Her cheeks heated and she cleared her throat awkwardly, not looking at him. "If- if you'd like," she managed to squeak out. Taking me a breath, she added a bit more calmly, "I'll give you some privacy, of course. And I'd appreciate it if you returned the favor."

Medievarad

Steel glanced at her, before turning around, putting his back to her. He pulled his top off, followed by the loose trousers, only his undergarment remaining. Two large, symmetrical scars were on each of his shoulderblades.

He lied down on the cot, back still facing Lapis. "I won't look. And if it helps, I am not in the least bit interested in intercourse.

DragonSong

Well. That was something, at least.

Lapis glanced over her shoulder just to make sure he wasn't looking, then quickly changed into a thin nightdress. "I know it's terribly personal," she said as she set about climbing into bed, "so don't feel like you have to answer- but is that directed at me, or about intercourse in general?"

It was sort of easier to talk about it if she got clinical.

Then her eyes lit on the scars on his back and her breath hitched. She'd seen marks like that before, on Yoreiqi slaves whose masters didn't want them flying away and thought clipping was too much of a hassle. Gods...

Medievarad

"General," Steel replied dryly, still blankly staring at the wall opposed to Lapis.

These scars were worse, claw or teeth mark were littered across them, indicating a far more brutal happening than she might think.

DragonSong

That led to all sorts of questions about a half-dragon's ability to breed, but she didn't want to be rude so she kept her mouth shut.

"Well. I suppose I don't have to worry about you running off to chase pretty tail then," Lapis muttered, trying to joke. She curled up on her side and closed her eyes. "Good night, Steel. Sleep well."

Medievarad

The half dragon only replied with a soft snarl.

DragonSong

Another sigh and Lapis turned into her other side, putting her back to him. It was rather difficult for her to sleep with a stranger in the room, but eventually she managed to drift off.

Medievarad

Steel woke as the sun rose, silently.

He sat up from his sleeping place and rubbed the back of his head.

DragonSong

Lapis was still asleep, having tossed and turned quite a bit in the night so she was almost horizontal on the bed, hair a frizzy mess around her head and one arm tossed over the side of the bed, snoring gently.

Medievarad

Steel stood up and sighed. "You're going to fall like that," he stated, walking over to Lapis. He softly gripped her arm znd ever so gently put her back straight in bed.

DragonSong

"Mmrrph." Lapis batted at him, still half asleep. "C'mon, master, five more minutes," she grumbled, burying her face in her pillow.

Medievarad

As soon as she wasn't in danger of falling anymore, Steel sat back down on his own cot, waiting in silence. Not really caring for her earlier reaction.