Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Damsel and the Dragon

Started by DragonSong, June 13, 2016, 07:03:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Though she didn't rise with the sun, Lapis tended to get up early. Maybe a little less than an hour later she rolled onto her back and stretched with a yawn, then sat up and rubbed at her eyes.

"Oh." She blinked when she saw Steel, having forgotten about him for a moment. "Um, morning. Sleep well?"

Medievarad

"More or less," he replied, standing up again.

DragonSong

"Well. Ah, good." She yawned again, brushing her fingers through her frizzy hair.

Clambering out of bed, she moved toward the door and said sleepily, "I'm afraid I really only have fruit and bread lying around, but I'll get something more to your taste today. For now we'll just have to make do."

Medievarad

"That's fine," Steel replied, following her, either forgetting or not bothering to get dressed.

DragonSong

Still rather half asleep, Lapis didn't seem to notice his lack of clothing and bumbled about the main room, placing a few slices of fruit and half a loaf of bread on each plate before handing one to Steel.

Which was when she finally noticed that he wasn't really wearing anything. And, for that matter, she was still in a flimsy nightdress. "Oh, uh...here. I- I'll go get dressed, you can use the room to change when I'm done."

She thrust the plate into his hands and attempted to scurry back into her bedroom.

Medievarad

Steel put the plate down on the table and glanced at her as she scurried off to the bedroom. "Or you can just throw me my clothes and I dress here," he suggested.

DragonSong

"Oh. Yes that would make more sense, huh?" She laughed, sort of nervous, and gathered up his clothes to pass them through the door before closing it and setting about getting herself dressed.

"Just lemme know when I can come back out."

Medievarad

Steel took his clothes. "I don't really care," he admitted, sitting down at the chair and starting to dress properly.

DragonSong

"Oh. Well then." Lapis peered around the door, then crept into the room, dressed in a simply wrapped sarong that covered anything important but was still comfortable in the Essyrni heat.

"You should eat," she said briskly, grabbing her own plate and tucking in. "Once you have, I need to go out and buy a few supplies. Would you like to come with me, or do you prefer to stay here?"

Medievarad

He pulled his glove on as Lapis walked in, glancing up at her, once again, finishing his portion in less than ten seconds. "I come with. Essryn is dangerous."

DragonSong

Well, she couldn't exactly say he was wrong. "So you'll act as my bodyguard then?" Her lips twitched up on one side. "Thank you."

Medievarad

Steel snorted. "I imagine that's why you bought me, so yes."

DragonSong

Well, it had been more of an impulse than a thought-out decision, but... "Yes, I suppose so," she murmured.

Finished with her breakfast, she put the plate away and dusted off the front of her clothes. "Alright. If you're ready, we can go."

Medievarad

Steel stood behind her, nodding slowly.

DragonSong

"Right then." Lapis gathered her purse, quickly checked her coins, then slipped easily out the door.

She led them through a few winding back streets to the markets that she preferred, stopping to chat and smile with a few of the vendors that recognized her. Most cast curious glances at Steel- probably both surprised by him and the fact that she had a slave with her at all- but no one said anything.

"Alright, what do you like?" Lapis asked as they came to a butcher shop and she pushed the door open.

Medievarad

"Just buy the cheapest thing," Steel answered. "As I said, it can't be worse than human." He glanced up at the butcher, who seemed to pale slightly at his notion.

DragonSong

Lapis winced and gave the butcher a quick smile at that. "Some antelope, then," she murmured, passing a few coins over. The animals were plentiful in the oasis outside of Essyrn, but she'd never really had a taste for the meat herself.

The man at the counter nodded and set about wrapping up her order, then passed it over.

"Come on." She turned back to the door. "I need to get this cold quick so it doesn't go bad."

Medievarad

Steel nodded and followed her out again, stepping outside first, looking around, before glancing at Lapis.

DragonSong

She tilted her head at him as she started back toward her home. "You're taking this bodyguard thing very seriously," she murmured with a tiny smile.

Medievarad

Steel glanced down at her, shrugging softly, he saw it as once again, another stupid comment of hers.