Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Damsel and the Dragon

Started by DragonSong, June 13, 2016, 07:03:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

"Relax." Lapis glared at him. "We're trying to solve this peacefully, alright?"

Medievarad

Steel, liking the alternative of only one arrow in his chest, rather than three, growled and jerked into motion. "You're far too trusting," he hissed to her, before glancing at the hunters, raising his hands with a soft sigh. Blood trickled down from the broken arrow shaft, but it looked like the half dragon wasn't even aware of it.

The hunters led them to the small, tribal village, women and children started to surround them with curious looks, reaching out to grab at Lapis' hair, which was an oddity, or to touch the piercings and accessories that decorated Steel's face. They were led to the biggest hut of them all. They would attempt to push both inside, hard enough to make them stumble to the ground. But Steel didn't budge. He just walked in as his assailant pushed himself back. And if Lapis would lose balance, he'd reach out for her arm to keep her up straight.

DragonSong

Lapis had to grab for Steel's arm as she stumbled into the hut, muttering about poor hospitality under her breath.

Medievarad

When she grabbed his arm, the half dragon made anher effort to pull her against his protectively, without saying a word. He only looked up at what could be the native's chief, defiant as ever.

The chieftan was a large man. A physique between muscled and fat, which in itself, made for an intimidating pose. He leaned forward from the throne that seemed to be made from the ribcage and skull of a -massive- animal, looking down at the two. One of the hunters drew up next to him and started whispering in his ear. Before the man thundered out a laugh.

"Strangers think it is wise to trespass at our Krem's temple? Be ashamed and bow for the god of war!" He barked loudly, his voice heavy, commanding and overbearing. Yet, ofcourse, Steel didn't understand it.

DragonSong

Still slightly off balance, Lapis held her hands out before her, fingers spread, in a common gesture of peace and supplication.

"We meant no harm," she said slowly, heavily accented. "We though the ruins were abandoned- we did not know they still held importance to your people."

Medievarad

"Bow!" The chieftan commanded as he stood up straight from his throne.when he got up straight, the intimidating physique was even more obvious.

Steel glanced at Lapis, before at the man. "What's this idiot yelling about?"

DragonSong

Lapis lowered her head and hissed, "Shh. Bow your head and shoulders."

Medievarad

Steel frowned, glancing at her. "Why?" He questioned, still keeping his eyes on the chieftan. Defiant as ever.

And said chieftan seemed only more and more displeased at this. "If you cannot pay respect to our gods, my warriors will make you respect them."

DragonSong

"Because if you don't they'll kill us. Well, you. I might be sold off as a bride to some warrior or another as a sort of souvenir," she muttered.

Medievarad

"Kill me?" He snorted softly. "I'd love to see them try," he answered. "Tell him I want to challenge him, or his champion, whatever, to a fight. The winner gets what they want."

The chieftan leaned over, surprised by how much Steel now spoke, in stark contrast to his defiant silence earlier. "What is he saying?!" He called out angrily.

DragonSong

"I'm not telling him that! You're insane!" Lapis glared. "Just play nice, please."

Medievarad

"Play nice how?!" He turned to Lapis again. "They shot me. Shot me!" He called out, wildly gesturing to thethe broken shaft that was still lodged inside. The warchief stood up. "This man is a-" Steel glanced at him. "Oh you shut the fuck up!" He roared loudly. Seemingly loud enough for the chieftan tot be intimidated enough to sit back down again, in silence. He looked back to Lapis.

"It was a stupid idea to follow these guys in the first place! I could've knocked them out!"

DragonSong

Lapis slapped him. It was really to get his attention, not enough to actually hurt.

Every inch of her tiny self practically vibrated with tension as she scowled at him. "Shut up and control yourself, or you're going to get us killed," she hissed.

Medievarad

Steel's eye seemed to twitch. That massive anger slowly surfacing again. He turned to the chieftan as a long, soft breath made his nostriks flare.

And like that, he dropped to one knee, slamming his fist in the dirt. "You owe me," he growled under his breath.

"Punish him," the chieftan ordered. Though he seemed a tad more pleased now. A sort of wooden construction was shoved underneath Steel's armpits. And one of the warriors moved up to him with a long and thin stick, beset wit stone knobs. The warrior pulled up Steel's robes to reveal his back. "How much, chief?" He asked. "Until the stick breaks," he stated, now glancing at Lapis again. The loud and rythmic thwacking starting in the background. But not as much as a grunt coming from the half dragon as his back was whipped open.

"Now that your servant here is put in place. Tell me again. Why were you trespassing?" His voice was cold. And now borderline merciless.

DragonSong

"What- stop!" Lapis lurched forward, but a hand clamped on her shoulder.

She twisted to glare at the chief. "You have no right," she hissed. Forcing herself to take a breath and think, she added, "He is my property. You have no right to mistreat him."

She felt sick saying it, but it was the only thing she could think of.

Medievarad

"Your property?" The chieftan inquired, raising his hand. The warrior that had grabbed Lapis released her. And the man beating Steel also stopped, looking at his chieftan.

A soft grin passed over his face. "Then you teach him respect," he gestured at the man with the stick, who nodded, approaching Lapis and holding out the hilt to her, gripping the bloodsoaked stone knobs without as much as flinching.

DragonSong

Lapis was frozen a moment.

Then, slowly, she took the stick, though she didn't move to use it. She looked back to the chief. If she played this right, hopefully they wouldn't question her.

"I use...other methods of punishment," she said in his language, slowly. The words she used implied and intimate relationship, and one that wasn't gentle.

It wasn't uncommon among the indentured servants of the jungle tribes to receive punishment privately rather than publicly.

Medievarad

"Then I am sure you'll make an exception for us," he snarled softly, glancing down at her.

Steel glanced sidewards at her, blood trickling down his back, giving her a vile look, before shaking his head. He didn't need to know the language to understand. "Just get it over with," he grunted.

DragonSong

"No."

She stared the older man down, not even looking at Steel. "You break too many bonds of hospitality with this. The gods would not be pleased, according to your own laws."

Medievarad

"Hospitality?!" The man rose to his feet with a loud cackle, descending his throne. Now it was visible just how marge he was. "You're nothing but heathen criminals! You have no rights here. Our gods do not favour you." His voice changed. From the strong authority, it turned to a booming and insulted one. "Laws are for those who not break them first." He gestured at Steel. "You will be forgiven if you see fit to punishing him. Then we can properly speak of your crimes and your reasoning."