Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Damsel and the Dragon

Started by DragonSong, June 13, 2016, 07:03:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Well, it wasn't as though she'd really expected conversation from him. She kept quiet the rest of the walk back, only offering a quiet, "If you wouldn't mind getting a fire started, I'd appreciate it," once they reached the house. "There's flint in one of the cupboards."

Medievarad

Steel nodded softly, walking in behind her with a snort. He walked over to the fireplace and took a deep breath, begore what seemed like spitting at the wood.

Yet it wasnt saliva, but a potent and bright ember that came from his mouth, lighting the fire immediatly.

DragonSong

Lapis jumped and gave a small squeak, startled. Wide eyed, she looked from Steel to the fire, then cleared her throat.

"Well... That will certainly come in handy," she muttered, setting about unpacking the supplies she'd bought.

Medievarad

"You asked to light the fire, so I lit a fire," Steel replied with a soft shrug, before sitting down at the table.

DragonSong

"Yes, I see." Lapis placed a small pot of water over the fire and began cutting pieces of meat to toss into the slowly forming stew, adding some of the more flavorful herbs common to Essyrn.

"Give that about an hour," she murmured, standing and crossing the small room to begin packing her traveling supplies.

Medievarad

Steel nodded, resting back in his chair and closing his eyes briefly.

DragonSong

LApis had done most of her packing by the time the stew was ready and she ladled two portions out into bowls and handed one to him.

Medievarad

Stell nodded in gratitude, holding the bowls in his hands. It had been a long time since he ate anything remotely warm. He put the bowl on the table, unsure how to eat it.

DragonSong

Her head tilted to the side when he didn't begin to eat and she sipped at her own bowl, jerking her he was back with a quiet hiss when the stew proved to be too hot.

Medievarad

So like that, huh? Steel thought to himself as he grabbed the bowl, downing it in one go, chewing the bits, before swallowing it all down.

DragonSong

"Wow." Lapis blinked at him. "You really were hungry, huh."

She glanced to the pot. "Want some more?"

Medievarad

Steel looked at her. "Am I allowed to?"

DragonSong

She stared at him for a moment. "Of course you are, there's plenty left. Here." She ladled out another portion into his bowl.

Medievarad

And the second portion was gone as quickly as the first one.

DragonSong

"Here." Lapis handed him the ladle. "Have as much as you like, I still have some packing to do."

Medievarad

Steel sighed softly. "Let's be real here, both you and I know that kettle will be empty by the time you're done," he answered as he stood up to scoot closer to the fire.

DragonSong

"I know." She smiled at him and gestured to the kettle. "I don't need anymore, help yourself."

Medievarad

"Good," Steel nodded, putting the ladle and bowl down, instead, lifting the kettle without any effort.

DragonSong

Lapis blinked at him for a moment, then shook her head and set about doing the last of her packing.

It didn't take long, but she was doing her best to give Steel some time to himself, to adjust. She had a feeling he didn't get the chance to just be often.

Medievarad

As soon as she returned, the kettle was completely empty, Steel sitting besides it with his hands resting on his stomach, leaning against the side of the fireplace with closed eyes.

He seemed quite content.