Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sleeping Beauty's Rude Awakening

Started by DragonSong, June 16, 2016, 12:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Ehvren groaned and rubbed at his head and pushed himself up.
"Does it look like I'm alright? Your thick head bashed off of mine!" he growled, not realizing he was kinda pinned over her like a dog.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"And that's my fault? You jumped on top of me!" Ilona glowered at him and wriggled again, but she realized he had her rather effectively pinned without even seeming to notice. "My head hurts too, you know," she added in a rather petulant mumbled.

visualspice

"Yeah but.. You.. you told me too!"
Why would she say to do that and then intentionally keep herself in the way?!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"I thought you'd just slide gently down- would you please get off of me?" she finally exclaimed in exasperation, giving up her efforts to free herself and pouting up at him unconsciously.

visualspice

He scowled and moved to get off of her.
"You didn't say to be gentle!" he growled. "Getting down here seemed urgent." He continued to scowl, rubbing at his head as he looked around. The place felt... strangely hot and his skin was growing sweaty and clammy, quick.
"What is this place... why is it so different than the cold ash.. er I mean snow up there?"

DragonSong

"It's a hot spring." Ilona shuffled back from him, then twisted to sink her feet back into the warm water with a happy sigh. "A spring that is produced by the emergence of geothermally heated groundwater that rises from the crust- er, the deeper earth."

She was essentially quoting her classes- she'd asked her tutor once how the water here was warm and that was the answer she'd been given. "Some of them can be too hot- dangerously hot- but this one is a good temperature for bathing."

visualspice

Ehvren made a face.
"What... what do you mean? Geo-therma... what?"

DragonSong

"Er...the..." She frowned, trying to think of how best to explain it. "Well, the further underground you go, the hotter it gets. Water underground gets heated, and then travels back up to the surface quickly enough that it...stays warm. Ah, I'm pretty sure that's how it works anyway."

She gave him a rather sheepish smile and slipped a little further into the water, hiking the skirt of her nightgown up around her thighs. "Now, if you'd be so kind, could you turn away for a bit, Prince Ehvren? I don't think I've had a proper bath in- I don't know how long."

visualspice

He was still making a face, lower lip jutting out.
"What? Why?" Did she think she could just boss him around. She said it herself, he was a prince! He folded his arms over his chest. "I'm fine right where I am."

DragonSong

Ilona's cheeks went pink and she frowned at him. "While I appreciate all your help, I'm not so appreciative that I'd offer you a...peep show, or whatever."

It felt weird even just saying that.

Unorthodox as the situation may have been- and despite the fact that her kingdom appeared to have dissolved into snow- she was still a princess, and held the moral values of one.

But she also really wanted that bath. She glanced around, searching for an outcropping of rock that may hide her from view.

visualspice

"Peep show?" Ehvren's face was one of true confusion and disgust. "What are you going on about? Just talk normal!" He was growing impatient and gave a stomp of his foot.

DragonSong

Oh fine! If he wanted to take things so literally, she'd be literal.

"I'm not stripping in front of you!" Ilona exclaimed, exasperated. "I need to take my nightgown off to bathe, and I don't want you to see me naked!" Her face was positively scarlet now.

visualspice

Her face was scarlet...
and now, so was his.

"What!?" he barked, eyes going wide. "Why would you- Why would I-"
ARGH! He turned around abruptly.

"Just hurry up and get naked then!"

DragonSong

"Thank you," she snapped, still blushing. She waited until his back was turned before she quickly pulled her nightdress over her head and tossed it onto the dryer rocks, followed by the clinks and chiming of her jewelry, then slipped into the water and hurried behind a small outcropping.

It wasn't a perfect cover, she could still see Ehvren and he could probably see her, at least from the shoulders up, but it was better than nothing.

"Alright, you can look now," she mumbled.

visualspice

"What?" he was going to look, but didn't. "What do you mean? Did you get undressed, bathed and dressed again already?" He made a face. "What kinda magic do you have anyway?"

DragonSong

She rolled her eyes heavenward and muttered, "Gods give me strength." Louder, she said, "It will take me a while to bathe, I can't expect you to keep standing there the whole time. I'm...mostly hidden, just don't- don't stare at me or anything and we'll be fine."

visualspice

"What?" his face went scarlet. "If you're not done.. why should I turn around? I mean if I turn around, I'm going to end up looking at you." He felt so hot. Why was it so damn hot in here. he shifted where he stood. "I'd rather be up in the cold," he muttered. He felt like even if he were to shed his clothing, he'd still be too hot in a place like this.

DragonSong

"Suit yourself." She shrugged and ducked her head to scrub at her hair, then surfaced with a sharp breath and added, "But things will go faster if you get your bath now too. At least then you'll be focused on getting clean, not me."

visualspice

"Bath?" his face skewed again as he was taken back. "What do you mean... you expect me... Are you expecting me to bath in that.. that... water... with ... you?"

DragonSong

Aaaaaaand her blush was back. "Not with me! There's plenty of space in here, find your own outcropping to hide behind and...wash up."