Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sleeping Beauty's Rude Awakening

Started by DragonSong, June 16, 2016, 12:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

He turned to her and grit his teeth.
"So what are you getting all upset about?!"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

She stared at him. "Seriously? I'm upset because you are perfectly capable of raping me!" she shouted in exasperation and mild panic. "I'm upset because you don't seem to understand that mating as you put it is not a simple act. I'm upset because I don't know who you are or what happened to my home. I'm upset because I'm tired, and cold, and hurt, and the only person I can turn to seems to only be able to think about his- his many impulses and I just want to go home!"

Ilona backed a few paces away and folded her arms, chin up defiantly. Her voice still shook in a way that made her wince internally, but her eyes were steely.

visualspice

Ehvren grit his teeth. Flustered, he could only stutter the response, "you're not the only one cold! This white ash is So cold it feels like its biting me and makes me itch all over!" which he was easily demonstrating by scratching furiously at his neck then arm.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Then build a damn fire!" Ilona spat back.

Realizing there were no materials available to do that, she huffed out a breath and relented, "Fine, I'll do it. Move back."

She cupped her hands and summoned her magic, calling a small flame into being between her palms. Once she was satisfied, she murmured a barrier spell under her breath and set the fireball down on the stone. The light and heat spread until the flame touched her small, green-glowing barrier, then calmed into a cheery little blaze.

visualspice

And though mesmerized (a little!), Ehvren wasted no time getting as close to the fire as he could, shaking all the while.

DragonSong

Ilona blinked at him as she huddled on the other side of the fire. "You really were cold," she murmured almost absently.

visualspice

"Who wouldn't be?!" He snapped. Teeth chatter, he shook his head as if to shake off the cold. "This place is awful." He wrinkled his nose. It tingled as it began to thaw, when suddenly...
"Ahhh chooooo!!!"  - a mighty sneeze.

DragonSong

The princess jumped slightly, startled by the noise.

"Well- why aren't you wearing warmer clothes?" she asked, head tilted and brow furrowed. "There should be plenty of villages where you could stop and purchase gear for the snow."

visualspice

"What? What are you going on about? I just got here! I wasn't prepared for.. for this!" he snarled between chattering teeth.

DragonSong

She stared at him. "You came here from somewhere didn't you? It's not as though you just fell from the sky."

visualspice

That idea made him mad because he didn't know! He could have fallen from the sky! Growling, he ruffled his hair angrily.

"If I knew that much I'd probably have a better idea what the hell this place even is!" he snapped. "Why would I make up being ignorant?! I'm not some idiot!"

DragonSong

Ilona sighed. She was starting to understand that, at least.

"I never said you were." She settled herself in her damp clothes, tilting her head at him. "Ehvren, what do you remember before the snow? The...white ash?"

visualspice

Ehvren pursed his lips as he thought, but after a moment he shook his head with a growl.
"Not much of anything...A name... a big castle.... a lot of darkness, maybe just a night time sky... maybe I came from a place where it's always night time..."

It bothered him he couldn't remember! How infuriating!

DragonSong

Her eyes widened slightly. A place where it was always night?

Even in her time, there had been stories of such lands, fae kingdoms and the like, but she'd never put much stock in them. Now...

Well.

"Here." She shifted to the side slightly and patted the ground beside her. "Come sit, and tell me what you remember, from the beginning, properly." At least he wasn't shouting at her anymore.

visualspice

He shifted from her and gave her an irritable glare.
"What beginning!? I told you, I don't remember much of anything!"
He continued to shiver.
"If you want to talk.. can't we at least get out of this damn cold place!?"
Surely there had to be a place of warmth and no cold ash around here!

DragonSong

"Ehvren..." She sighed and rubbed at her temples. "It's miles to get to the nearest village." At least she thought it was. "It was already getting dark when we came down here. This is the safest place to spend the night."

Her head tilted. "And I'm not asking you what happened before your memories start- I just want to know what you do remember."

visualspice

He paused a moment to consider that, but the evidence was clear upon his face. And he hated not knowing much of anything.

"I don't know!" he snapped in reply, turning his back to her. "Anything I can think of doesn't make sense and is all jumbled. It makes my head hurt!" Ugh, was he getting a head ache!?

DragonSong

Not knowing what else to do, she reached a hand out to him placatingly. "Then tell me what doesn't make sense," she urged quietly. "Maybe if you talk through it, it'll help."

It was oddly helpful to her to be focusing on someone else's troubles, but she didn't dwell on that.

visualspice

He bristled at her touch, jerking away.
"Everything! Nothing is familiar and I don't like it! I feel blind or as if I'm choking, but clearly I can see and I'm able to talk so..." He gave a frustrated noise and kept his back to her, body shaking as he tried to swallow it all down but it was so much...
There was so much.

"White.. there's too much white here." he cringed, eyes closed. "And white." His hands were in fists at his side.

DragonSong

"Ehvern, please." She continued to hold her hand out to him, her heart aching just a bit. She hated to see someone in pain- even if he had been difficult to deal with at first. She supposed she could understand it, if that was how he felt.

"Come here, please. Just talk to me."