Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sleeping Beauty's Rude Awakening

Started by DragonSong, June 16, 2016, 12:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

He didn't see her hand, but he could hear the way she urged him with her voice. He simply shook his head and grew quiet, just a moment before muttering, "I think... I think I came from some place full of darkness.... no sun, no.... snow."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Ilona stood and took a cautious step toward him. "No sun?" she repeated, brow furrowing slightly. "That's...oh, Ehvren, I'm sorry."

Warily, as though approaching a wild animal, she reached her hand out to touch his shoulder, her nightdress clutched tight to her body with her other hand.

visualspice

Ehvren tensed and jerked away from the touch.
"What? Why are you sorry?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Ilona snatched her hand back, not wanting to anger him. "I just... That sounds terrible. If you can't remember sunlight, I can't even imagine-"

She shook her head, anticipating anger. "I'm not trying to pity you, Ehvren. I just wish I could help."

visualspice

Miffed, he simply replied, "Why would it be terrible!? It's just what I remember! Maybe this white stuff is what is really terrible. And you choose to live in it!" he was growling now, and also teeth chattery cold. UGH, he'd never get used to the arctic.

DragonSong

"Ehvren." She sighed tiredly. "Can you just...stop picking a fight for a few minutes?" she begged.

Without thinking, she moved forward to wrap her arms around from behind, sharing warmth. She was tired, and cold, and it was really starting to set in, just what had happened to her.

Just how lon g had she been asleep?

Spirits, she needed human contact.

visualspice

Ehvren tensed. He had NO idea what was going on. The sensation was strange, and it did things to his body that helped bring out the heat. He didn't mind the heat, but the uncomfortable sensation with it made him growl. But it was a small, petty growl, as he didn't really fight her hug. He bared his teeth.
"I'm not fighting."
He probably sounded like a child. Why was she holding him like that!?
"It's just... cold!"

DragonSong

She couldn't help smiling a bit at that. "I know. That's why I'm hugging you," she chuckled, squeezing him gently for a moment before relaxing her grip again.

With a sigh, she stepped back. "We should get some sleep. Stone isn't exactly comfortable, but if we can wait it out until sunrise, we should be able to get to a town tomorrow."

Hopefully. Who knew how much geography had changed in the time she'd been asleep. Not to mention she was still clad only in a nightgown and a few family heirlooms.

visualspice

Gods' beards he felt awkward. He hated feeling so out of place. It made him feel vulnerable, and no matter how much he tried to shake it, the feeling stuck like shit to your shoe. When she pulled away, he bared his teeth like an animal, and growled at her suggestion.
"Sleep!?" he scoffed. "What kind of animal could even sleep in this!?"

DragonSong

"Us, apparently." Ilona had decided to take the highroad with this man- with any luck, they could make their way to a town and hopefully part ways as unlikely friends.

Or at least not kill each other.

That would be good.

So she tapped into all her etiquette training, determined to be pleasant. "Just come lay down, okay? It's only a few hours until dawn, we can get moving then"

visualspice

"What!?" he looked at her as if she were crazy. Then again, he truly thought she was! "I'm not sleeping in this!" He gave broad gestures. There was snow, snow, EVERYWHERE had snow. "It's cold and unpleasant and..." He shook his head as if to shake off the idea. "NO!" came his growled reply, hands shaking into fists. "I refuse to sleep in such a place!"

DragonSong

[Errr...they're in the hot springs still, right? Did I miss something? 0.0]

Ilona closed her eyes. "Look, I know stone isn't exactly comfortable, but if you get closer to the water it's actually pretty warm."

visualspice

He had almost forgotten he wasn't in the snow, how blind he was in his anger. Pausing, he looked around, angered, but sheepish as well. He gave the water a smack.
"I'm not sleeping in a lake, either!" What if he were to drown!?

DragonSong

"Ehvren, please." She closed her eyes and took a breath. "You don't even have to be near the water. Sleep on the other side of me if you'd prefer." She indicated the open patch of stone on her other side- her body would block the water.

visualspice

He stood up with an angry slap to the water.
"I don't sleep on water! I'm not some crude fish!" And he stormed his way towards the water's edge.

DragonSong

Another sigh, another bitten back retort. "As you like." With a sharp breath, she rolled onto her side, back to him as she let her eyes slide closed.

"Sleep well, Prince Ehvren," she murmured.

visualspice

But he couldn't sleep, let alone well. Water was... it wasn't comfortable. And she'd only be able to hear him splash around irritably before he finally moved towards the bank and pulled himself out, uncaring if he was clothed or not. Water spilled everywhere and he found himself growling as he looked down at his pruney hands. He hated the sensation of it, and also the fact his wet body was getting cold by the air.

"This place is the worst," he grumbled, rubbing his hands up and down his arms and looking around, as if to find some sort of magical towel nearby to dry himself off with.

DragonSong

His splashing and grumbling kept her awake, and Ilona sat up slightly with a sigh, glancing at him before realizing he was still naked and ducking her head quickly.

"Sleep on the other side of me, it's drier," she offered quietly. Her hands itched, magic longing to jump from her fingers, but she curled her hands into fists and resisted the urge. Who knew if her magic would burst into chaos again?

visualspice

"Why do we have to sleep here?" came his complaint again. "Doesn't this place have anywhere that's not wet or freezing?"

DragonSong

"This is the warmest place within a dozen miles," she murmured tiredly. She honestly couldn't understand how he could complain of cold when they had been out in the snow before. And the rock wasn't that damp, not further from the hot springs.

"We can't travel in the dark. We'll get lost, and we'll freeze. Just wait a few more hours."