Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Will it Never End? (Kirin!)

Started by JackieCat, June 21, 2016, 11:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

OOC: This thread is tagged to @Kirin!

Not a good day.

Not a good day at all.   Not that Akhe ever had a good day, not with the sharp whip cracking over her back, or the cab behind her loaded so full of luggage that the horse could barely pull it through the streets.

Akhe was barely a mare and she had already been working for nearly two and a half years.  She had been started far to early.  She may have become a beautiful horse, she may even be one now, but it would be impossible to tell.  Her silver coat was nearly caked with dirt, her back was scarred from the whip, and her mane and tail were tangled and dirty.

She was nearly broken, her spirit nearly gone.

"Hurry up!" the whip cracked again, and Akhe attempted to pick up her slow, plodding walk as the leather stung across her back.  "Useless bag of horseflesh. . ." she could hear him mumbling under his breath.  Not that he ever did anything to help her.  Didn't he know that if a horse was well cared for and worked properly that, besides not abusing an animal, that it would actually work better?

It was three hours later and Akhe was standing in front of a water trough.  The water was warm, but any break was a blessed one in this heat. 

Her owner had stopped the cab after their last delivery to have a drink in a tavern.  A tavern with shade and cool drinks.  But at least she didn't have to be pulling for at least the next twenty minutes.

She dipped her face towards the water and took a long drink.  If only this hell would end.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Kirin

Kaspar's ears perked as he heard a frustrated man cracking his whip over the back of another horse. His bay head stuck out over the door to his stall as he witnessed a mud encrusted mare plodding over to the trough. The Fae stallion shivered in dismay and sent a sense of horror to his mistress, he still had a little time before she came to see what was the matter. Until then he wrinkled his nose a little before chewing through the rope which held the door shut.

He nudged the door open and flicked his tail before nickering, practically siddling up to the exhausted mare. The flicker of recognition went through him as he sensed she was more like him than any other he had seen yet. He dipped his head and drank a little.

His white patches were striking and his mistress had just groomed him before going inside for a drink. The stallion pulled his head up and gingerly nudged the mare's shoulder, sending as warm and kind a greeting as he could manage without words. His fine looking head turned toward her and offered her a shoulder to lean on.
"You are not lost, my mistress and I have found you." He turned his head to indicate a willowy looking Elf maiden half hidden in the afternoon shade.

However smooth he had tried to be however, he looked down and did a comical little jump when a small lizard scurried underneath him. The tall horse snorted in embarrassment as his mistress coughed, trying to hide her laughter.
"I see why you were distressed my boy. We will rescue her, no worry. However you must bother her owner a little, make sure he gets in trouble so he can do this to no other..." The elf woman sent, smiling cheekily as the bay tobiano nodded his head and practically bounced.
"Do you want to be saved?" He seemed to ask, slightly worried that she wouldn't want to be after all. His ears flicked toward her as those expressive eyes worried for her.

JackieCat

Despite her rather depressed mood, Akhe looked up as she smelled the stallion, and she couldn't help but be impressed by him.  He was quite a beautiful stallion, and she was surprised to see him come over, seemingly independent of a owner or rider.

However, she was surprised when he came up next to her and took a drink, why would a horse as beautiful as him even care to notice her? She didn't say anything at first, but her heart fluttered when he nudged her shoulder and she received the emotions and message that he sent her.

She couldn't help but perk her ears up in laughter, however, when he jumped aside from the lizard, and she lifted her head to look at him as the woman he had said was his mistress spoke.

Rescue her?  They wanted to rescue her?  Everything was happening so fast, Akhe could barely comprehend what was happening.

'Y-yes!' she sent, her emotions all a flutter. 'Of course!'

Was this really happening?  This must be some cruel trick, but it couldn't be. . . could it?
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Kirin

Kaspar noticed her surprise at the situation and arched his neck a little to try and limber up the muscles. If he was going to be a pest to her owner, he wanted to do it well enough that there was no doubt. The young stallion let out a soft, encouraging whinny before prancing around with his tail high, only to catch the look from his mistress and turn all bashful.
"She thinks I'm showing off for you...." He tried to explain, only to hear the eagerness and desperation at the hope of being rescued.

He perked up and took in a mouthful of water, leaning over her back to try and wash some of the dirt away. It would also help cool her down perhaps, even if the water was warm. He let it trickle from his mouth a little at a time, revealing parts of the scars and her beautiful pale gold underneath. The Fae horse simply gave her time to adjust and get used to the idea of a rescue. It might not have a huge part for her, the rescue itself but at least she would be free to come with them.

"Have you ever been ridden before? Hm...perhaps we might want to give your back a rest and have some small saddle packs on you until you regain your strength? My mistress is kind and loving, you'll have nought to fear from us." He tried to elaborate as best he could, trying to send across pictures of him being ridden by the lady elf, him with saddle bags on and then alternatively him pulling a not to heavy cart. Then he was a little embarrassed about the last image he tried to send, but it was one of the three of them by a campfire.

JackieCat

Despite his words and her excitement, Akhe couldn't help but notice how well-built the stallion was, and how his coat gleamed in the hot sun.

She sighed when the water cascaded down her back.  It felt wonderful, and she looked at the stallion as he asked her if she had ever been ridden.

'No,' she sent. 'At least not properly.  My owner had ridden me a few times, but only bareback, and he was not a good rider.'

She sent images, memories, of herself being ridden as only a yearling, her owner being as cruel to her than as he was now.

Despite the message she had just sent, she couldn't help but be pleasantly surprised at the last image she received from the stallion.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Kirin

Kaspar noticed her interest, shaking his two toned mane a little so that it caught the sunlight. When she showed him the memories of her being ridden he shook his head in horror before getting another mouthful of water. He let it trickle onto her back again, his tal swishing as he drove flies away.

"Your owner has no respect for living things, he is a thief of hopes and dreams." He snorted before his ears flicked back towards the rear exit of the tavern. He let the remaining water out onto her back before he turned his head toward the sound of footsteps. The tobiano wrinkled his nose and pranced again as his mistress continued to hide in the shade.
"Is your owner going to come back soon?" He asked worriedly, reaching out with his muzzle to gently brush against her cheek.

JackieCat

Akhe looked away from him, almost embarrassed for looking at him, he was so beautiful.  She sighed when the water again fell over her back, and she closed her eyes for a second when the stallion sent again.

'No respect at all,' she sent back. 'And he'll probably be back in ten minutes or so.'
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Kirin

Kaspar snorted softly as she looked away, the tricolour stallion inwardly grinning as she seemed to think he was very attractive. The splashed horse leaned in and nuzzled her scarred back gently, one ear flicking towards her as she sent a mental message.
"Ten minutes sounds like plenty of time, but be aware that my goal is to get him imprisoned so he can no longer harm you. So when you see my little performance please do not be alarmed." He responded, sounding almost amused at the thought of performing all the dramatics of the situation in front of her.

JackieCat

'I can hardly believe this,' Akhe sent, more than a little flustered, despite the situation. 'What will you do?'

She wondered what sort of 'performance' would take place, and what the stallion could do to save her from her cruel master.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Kirin

"I'll let him attempt to capture me, only to start throwing a temper tantrum when he gets a rope on me. My mistress will come out of hiding, scream that he's a thief and hopefully everyone from the tavern will come to look. If he strikes me, even better....for then we have him damaging my mistress's property." He tried to explain as much as possible, though their plan relied on her master taking the bait it was doubtful that the brute would pass up on such a striking horse.

Kaspar nickered reassuringly mistaking her being flustered, for being nervous. The painted male took one more mouthful of water and trickled it over her back before winking at her.
"Our mistress might then ask that in payment for harming her property, she wants you....so perhaps try and look exhausted and worn down? As for the attempt to steal me, she'll suggest a very long time in jail. They all know I'm her prized horse, even the stableboy wanted to scratch my ears and she if I was real....she must have said amazing things in there." He then looked slightly sheepish.
"It might be too soon to call her our mistress though...I got ahead of myself it seems." He brought his head up a little and swished his tail at an irritating fly, unsure about what to say now as he wasn't entirely sure that their plan would work.

JackieCat

Akhe's eyes widened at his plan, but it sounded like it may work.

As soon as he finished explaining, Akhe saw her master emerging from the tavern, a half-empty bottle in his hand.

'That's him!' Akhe sent hurriedly to the stallion, pointing with her nose to the man.  The cab driver turned to her, and started for the two horses at the watering trough.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Kirin

"Thank you, Akhe." The stallion shifted uneasily as he spotted the half empty bottle in her master's hand. However he snorted and lowered his muzzle to drink from the warm water in the trough. The tri colour horse kept one ear pointed towards the man as he approached, the other on Akhe.

Kaspar pulled his head up and turned to look at the man innocently enough, his tail still chasing the occasional fly. The Fae horse gave the man his full attention, shifting on his forehooves slightly.

JackieCat

Akhe's master, Ferich, immediately saw Kaspar, and he stopped dead in his tracks.  He glanced around, as if looking for Kaspar's own master.  Seeing no one who he thought would own the stallion, he took one last swig from his bottle before dropping it onto the street and lurching forward towards Kaspar, obviously drunk.

He pulled a rope from his belt and approached the stallion, attempting to loop the rope around Kaspar's neck and capture him.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Kirin

The tri coloured stallion danced to the side slowly, artfully leading Akhe's intoxicated master into full view of the establishment's windows. Kaspar let the rope slip around his neck before he decided to make things difficult for the cruel man. He let out a loud scream of rage and reared up into the air, forehooves flailing as he created enough racket to raise a deaf sand shrew from its home.

His owner had by this time, circled around in the shrubs and found her way to just before the steps from the back door. She gave Akhe a subtle little wink before letting out a loud yell.
"Help!!!! Horse thief! He's trying to steal my horse!!! Somebody help!" She then banged a fist against the door as hard as she could, the owner of the tavern looked out the window and that's when things really got started. After all, a lot of the men had noticed both the lady and her stunning mount. It would be very likely that she would reward them monetarily if they caught the horse stealing scoundrel.

JackieCat

OOC: I apologize for the wait! :P

At first, Akhe watched with baited breath as Kaspar lead her master around, but then the stallion's owner rushed up, and Akhe could help but toss her head in the excitement.

This was really happening!  If things went according to plan, she would be free within the hour!
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Kirin

OOC: I could have sworn I wrote up a reply to this, I am so so sorry D:

----

Kaspar tossed his head, prancing and skittering away from Akhe's master. The stallion's mistress hopped down the steps and put herself between her fae horse and the scoundrel. Moments later several men clattered down the steps, watching the spectacle before attempting to grab the drunk Ferich. A few other indoviduals went scurrying off to find the law enforcement officials, raising hue and cry about a horse thief as they went.

The elven woman winced, prepared for the prospect of being hit for creating such an embarrassing ruckus for their deserving victim. Kaspar...being the cheeky boy that he was, simply looked very scared and hid behind the pretty maiden.
"How dare you attempt to steal my stallion!" She spat, fire snapping in her eyes and turning them dark under the hot sun.

JackieCat

OOC: That's okay, I've done that myself a few times!

"Wha-?" Ferich squinted at the woman as he fended away the people trying the restrain him. "That ain't your horse!  It was jus' standin' in the middle of the street!  It's fair game fer anyone!  It's mine now!"

Akhe stomped her foot on the ground, letting out an angry whinny as she shook her head.  She knew that the elven woman would not stand for her master's excuses, but his feeble attempts to steal Kaspar still angered her.

It was refreshing to be able to be angry, to let it out without being reprimanded, to be able to free at least a bit of her pent up energy.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor