Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Into the Hallow

Started by Magyar, July 06, 2016, 04:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fukurou

"Such a kind-hearted creature, riddled with the pain of your past," they purred as they eyed Sheshia. "Oh, I'm sure the mage will be fine. He's a resilient one."

Sheshia

Sheshia was taken a back by how the prince knew of her past, she wasn't pleased by it as she glared at the prince, "Then do you know what my parents died from?" She was courious about how the mage got possessed and weather he fought it or not. Though she felt extremely small arouns the strong demons she wasn't willing to let it show at all. Keeping an eye on them would be a bit of a problem since there was two of them. The truth was her parents died from pneumonia and the cold of the.mountains in the dead of winter.

Fukurou

"They died from an illness and the cold, did they not? If you are curious about the mage, why don't you ask him yourself? Again, I can take you two to the other side if you so wish."

Sheshia

Sheshia thought for a secobd, "Fine but we all jave to be in agreement." She wanted everyone to go on their own free will since things might be easier doing it that way. That and she wanted them to agreed on a few more terms if it comes down to it but she wanted to see how the other two reacted first before offering anything else.

Magyar

"It's not like I've anywhere else to be. Let's get a move on." Aohdei sprung up, dusting himself off, "I need to move south, and quickly. Are you both in for the journey?"

Fukurou

"I am afraid that I will not be in for the journey. Well, not in this form anyway. However, perhaps our dear friend might be interested. That is, if he can still muster the strength." The abomination chuckled and rolled their shoulders, sending the sound of popping bones ringing through the hallow. "Hmm.. but without further ado..." In one fell swoop, the abomination scooped up the pair and glided easily across the water. They placed them tenderly on the rocky shore and gave a short bow.

"It seems my time has come to an end." They said with a smile. "It has been a pleasure, Sheshia, Aohdeiisideus. Perhaps we will meet again." With the abomination's final words, the draconic half of the beast crumbled away, its scales disappearing as they floated daintily in the wind. What remained of the creature stood Rylzyr, haggard and bloody, his face pale and his eyes void of any signs of consciousness. The mage teetered a bit before his eyes rolled back in his head and he fell face-first into the ground in front of him.

Magyar

"Well shit." Aohdei cursed, as he reached for Rylzyr's arm. Propping him up and slinging his lifeless right arm across his own shoulders, Aohdei lifted the towering Mage, but barely. Calling out to Sheshia, ha asked, "Hey could you help out here?"

Hefting Rylzyr more over him than beside him, Aohdei shuffled in the direction of the nearest settlement. Only twenty or so kilometres to go...

Sheshia

Sheshia grabs Rylzyrs other arm. "I might be able to help him a bit with my magic but it won't be enough to keep him out of the woods." Being the shortest one of the three sucked for her since she probably wouldn't be able to carry him for long as Aohdei, she wasn't meant for strength but rather speed and agility. "But it's your call since I have no idea what possession would do to him or what it causes mental wise."

(Ooc): So sorry I was gone for all last week I was on vacation in South Carolina with family and I had no reception lol)

Fukurou

Nestled within the bushes by the water, the young Wood Elf witnessed it all: a terrifying abomination flying through the air with what appeared to be a werecat and a human in each arm, landing tenderly by the lake. She watched as the monstrous creature spoke to them briefly, then, like flakes of ash caught in the wind, the monster crumbled away leaving behind the mage. She let out a small gasp as she saw her mentor bloodied and broken, pass out on the ground and being being dragged away by the two figures. She watched for several long seconds, her body shaking eyes wide, unsure of what to do and the intent of the others. Just as they were nearly out of sight, she panicked and sent an arrow streaming through the air, missing the humanoid by barely an inch.

"No!" Bryn screeched as she ran after the pair with dagger in hand and tears streaming down her face. "Please! Don't hurt him!"

Sheshia

Sheshia hears the arrow fly past them and hears Bryn shouting. Looking back she sees the wood elf running at them with a dagger in hand. She smiles and lets go of Rylzrs arm and intercepts the elf grabbing her wrist and neck as gently as she could to stop her, "We are not going to hurt him. We are taking him to help." She was furious that the elf didn't have self control and stayed calm and watched until she found out what they were going to do with him. She was tempted to break her arm but didn't want to waste the energy on it.

Magyar

Aohdei staggered under the sudden weight of his companion, now unsupported by Sheshia. Gingerly setting down the Mage, he pulled Sheshia away from the little elf. Before either could protest, he put a hand over her mouth, and injected heavy smoke into her nose and mouth.

Gripping the back of her neck, he waited silently as the fey girl struggled against him for oxygen. He only released her when her eyes rolled back into her head, and she lost consciousness.

"I'm not dealing with this right now," he said grimly, his voice low. "Cir tells me there's a cottage two miles south of here. You take the girl," he ungracefully dumped her into the werecat' arms, "And I'll take Rylzyr. We must make haste."

Magyar

Looking back as he began to lift Rylzyr again, Aohdei elaborated, "We need to kill the cottage inhabitants, or somehow dispose of them. They cannot know about us being here." His eyes met with Sheshia's, "Cir, my...pet...has recently returned to me from the service of a friend. He was last in Reajh, and that blasted Mordecai is following us. We can't go to the settlement anymore. We have to hide."

Sheshia

Thinking for a few seconds, "How about caves, or something dark? It'll help us hide and mask our scent. That and they will probably need a torch to see in the dark which will give time to run or hide." Sheshia definitely wasn't about to hide near a water source nore was she willing to risk being found in the woods. She shifted the weight of the elf in her arms.

Magyar

Night lifted into the golden rays of dawn, casting bright lights and long shadows across Matron's Hallow. The lights however did not reach Aohdei and Sheshia, deep in a cavern just south of the lake. They had found it quickly enough, and set up camp.

Rylzyr was resting, and the girl, laying unconscious next to a fire provided by Aohdei, was bound to wake up any second. Wake up to two faces watching her intently, and rather creepily that is.

"Who do you think she is?" Aohdei asked, never taking his eyes off of the elf girl. He continued, "Why does she know him?" He meant Rylzyr of course, who was in sleep deeper than a bear in hibernation. As of now, the group was simply waiting for him to wake. This elf girl might however pose a problem, a wrench in their machine so to speak.

Aohdei leaned back and laid down himself, but still watched the girl intently. He had a strange feeling about her...

Sheshia

"No idea, but she did attack and sounded like she cared about him a bit. Probably someone who knows him. All I know is if she is a problem she'll be my dinner." Sheshia was joking a bit but was kind of serious at the same time. She knew she would have to eat a lot to make up for the energy she lost during the day due to her high metabolism. Yawning she stretches and adds a bit more wood to the fire.

Fukurou

Bryn laid on the cold hard ground, drifting in and out of consciousness. She felt the warmth of the fire at her side and heard the soft muttering of two voices, but she was unable to make out what the two were saying, save for something about "problem," and "dinner." Were they going to eat her, she wondered. What were they doing with Rylzyr? Who were these people?

She groggily opened her eyes, blinking as her blurred vision cleared up and revealed the two figures by the fire. "W-what..." she slurred as she lifted her heavy head from the ground and propped herself up on her forearms. "Are you going to kill us?"

Sheshia

"If we were we would have done so by now." Sheshia says with a bit of a hiss to her voice. "And didn't you think twice about attacking like that? Don't go by what you think girl. Since it is often clouded by thoughts which are dark and not good for you. Nor anyone else around you. You should wait patiently and seen what happens to.. Rylzyr was it?" She wanted to teach the girl a lesson but no one would have been happy with that.

Magyar

"Calm down Sheshia." Aohdei piped in. Refocusing on the elfling, he asked, "Who are you?"

Fukurou

"B-Bryn..." she said. Her eyes swept over the camp,stopping on the mage laying limp by the fire. "Rylzyr!" Bryn sat up straight, here eyes wide with distress. "What happened? Is he okay? Will he be okay?"

Sheshia

Sheshia didn't know what to say about that and looked away. Usually for her if someone doesn't wake up for a week they were doomed from the start. "We don't know if he is going to be okay. Depends on many things." Sheshia knew if she told Bryn she'd probably freak out even more. "We're gonna take him to get help. But I'm gonna have to use magic to keep him out of the grave. Which will help a bit but not enough." She left it to Aohdei to tell the truth since she had no idea what demon hierarchy was like.

Tags: