Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Nevermind the rain~ [Lion] [M]

Started by Medievarad, August 06, 2016, 11:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

Lyra shook her head with a soft snort. "You're bigger than me," she murmured, hugging her knees again. "It'd be impractical.."

Lion

"As impractical as it is to be completely naked in the middle of the Thanati wilderness?" Vance chuckled.  "It's either that or freeze to death.  And frankly, I don't do well with frontal pressure, and we did just meet.  You didn't even buy me a beer or anything.  So I can do little spoon."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Medievarad

"Fair point," Lyra agreed with a soft nod. "Sorry," she murmured, still shivering lightly, moving to hug herself tighter. "Well, find us a spot that isn't too rocky.. Then let's just.. Get this over with."

Lion

Vance scooted over to a patch of ground that was fairly dry but still cupped by the heat from the fire. It wasn't much, but it would keep them warm for the time being.  He cut his eyes back to her and patted the spot beside him.  "I won't bite, I promise."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Medievarad

"Just because you promised," she tried to joke to lift the mood in their grim situation ever so slightly.

She kneeled down behind him and went to lie down, wrapping her arms around his chest and sxooting closer untill her body pressed to his.

Lion

Despite their awkward circumstances, Vance decided it was better to ease into being comfortable than to keep himself resistant to her touch.  So he eased back against her and let out a deep breath, closing his eyes and letting himself fall asleep.

The fire would keep going for at least another hour or so, and in the meantime it spread warmth between himself and his tentative companion.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Medievarad

Lyra seemed to have decided the same, closing her eyes and leaning her head against his back, huffing softly before she also fell asleep.

At the crack of down, when the fire was nothing but a smoking piece of ashes and glowing embers, Lyra opened her eyes, blinking slowly before she sat up, rubbing her eyes.

Lion

Vance had gotten up earlier than her, enough to not disturb her and when he walked away, he was sure to be quiet about it. When he came back, he didn't come back with much more than a handful of berries each, but it was enough to sate a little bit of morning hunger.

"I've got some berries for ya," he said, emerging around the side of the cave and moving to sit beside her.  "You hungry?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Medievarad

She had cracked a yawn when Vance sat next to her, holding up her hand to tell him to wait for a second. As her jaws settled again, she glanced at the handful of berries. "Yeah," she started, "my saviour," she added, without thinking.

Well, not like she could take it back now. It wasn't a sarcastic remark, rather just a witty tease. One that would be comical in any other situatiin.

Lion

"Savior. I'll take it. If only because you  offered it so graciously," Vance said with a chuckle.  He ate slowly, but it didn't matter since the berries stained his hands no matter what.

Once he was finished, he dusted off his hands and watched her a moment.  "So how long you been a bard?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Medievarad

Lyra was less reserved about eating slowly. She was starved, manners be damned.

She sat up hen she was done, not çearly enough to statisfy any adult, but it at least was something.

"Hm. As long as I can remember, I  travelled with a bard as a kid, grew up learning the trade. But being a bard alone these days is too hard, hired muscle aswell as.. ahem paid company," she added with a shrug.

Lion

"So you're more of a Jack of all Trades then?" he murmured.  Maybe she wasn't so bad after all if her skill set stemmed beyond simple barding.  Even that had to get on her nerves once in a while.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Medievarad

She nodded softly. "More or less," she added to the nod, sitting back. "What about you? What do you do to get around when you're not clobbered over the head and dropped on a raft, completely naked?"

Lion

Vance laughed.  "Sister, I can say this is fairly normal for me," he muttered.

"I just regret not being completely drunk while it was happening. I regret not having a drink now.  Nevertheless, in answer to your question, I tend to moonlight between professions. I go wherever I'm needed. Odd jobs, hired to lend a hand when things need getting done."

Because that sounded much better than 'bum'.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Medievarad

She arched an eyebrow, then smirked and leaned back on her elbows. "So, I can rely on you to get an amateur in.. Being naked and dropped on a raft out safe?" She inquired with a soft smirk.

"If we get out of here and with somea money," she snorted softly. "I'll buy you a drink."

Lion

He laughed again, this time more out of disbelief than humor. Now she was peachy and friendly?

"I guess it'd be against our best interests to be at each other's threads. But I'd  advise you against making promises you don't intend to keep," he said with a grin.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Medievarad

He brought her food. What was there not to be friendly about? Even if the amount was sorely lacking toto what was required, he still went out of his way to share.

"Oh. I do intend to.keep it," she answered with a soft grin. "I'd say to swear it on my lute, but," she rolled her eyes with a soft sigh. "That's long gone now."

Lion

"I'll find a way to replace it," he murmured. "I'm not fond of the instrument, but...it wasn't mine to smash. I'm no bard, even if your ways of making money do seem rather easy.  But then again, seeing the inn you were playing in, it couldn't have been very much."  He chuckled and stirred the flames.

"So you in?  Wanna help me find the bastards that took our stuff?  Maybe get your lute back if its in one piece?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Medievarad

She shook her head. "Now that's a promise you can't keep," she snickered softly. "That lute belonged to the man who taught me. May sound stupid, but it's an emotional piece," she answered with a soft sigh, hugging her knees to her chest.

"I'm in," she answered with a bitter chuckle. "Even if it's to beat the shit out of whoever took my lute."

Lion

"Then I guess we better find that lute in one piece. Or I'll fear the fate of whoever has it or its pieces stashed away," Vance murmured.  "So, who's this guy?  That taught you to play."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Tags: