Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

αη∂ мεη ℓσσкε∂ υρ ωιтн ғαcεs ραℓε

Started by Pandasaurus Dragon, August 16, 2016, 01:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pandasaurus Dragon

ωєєѕαияα
ooc; lowercase is used only for style.

she'd set out from the thunderblacks early that morning, when the sun was just beginning to rise and soft, pastel colors were starting to paint their way across the sky. it had been beautiful, the soft sunlight glittering on scales that looked like flames as she soared through the air in search of a familiar clearing within the draconi forest. it was just large enough to house her dragon form, and there were a few bushes of poisonous berries nearby--berries that she needed for one of her antidote potions. A shimmer started up from beneath her scales, illuminating them from the inside out as she began the shift from dragon to valkyrie.

moments later there was a short woman standing in the clearing, thick curves bare to the world except where her long hair covered her. walking over to a tree, she reached inside a hole and pulled out a short dress, slipping it over her head and proceeding to pull her hair free of it. with that done, she headed into a thick section of trees, looking for the berries she needed. they would be used for both a vial of poison and an antidote to go along with it; she had a customer who quite liked her potions and he'd placed a custom order with the valkyrie, mentioning a specific type of berry that grew only in this forest. she wouldn't have bothered with the special assignment if it weren't for the amount of gold he was willing to pay her, but she was a dragon at heart--and she could not turn down the promise of gold.

Medievarad

A loud cry pierced the thunderblack. A cry that was ancient and deep. As powerful as it was timeless. And it belonged to no other than an almost deadly bored Urra'vin. One who was resting on the massive piles of coins and treasure he had gather over the past millenium.

The large dragon sat up and spread his wings, with a loud clattering of various coins and gold items that fell down, the dragon stretched, before heading outside his cave. He took to the skies with a elongated yawn, one that hinted at both exhaustion and desinterest what was going around him.

Though today, he felt something that was a tad different than every other day. A new, powerful presence. Having nothing better to do, the massive dragon banked down, landing right infront of the dragon changed woman, Wellesandra.

"T'is rare to see a dragon about picking herbs in their human form," Urra'vin rumbled as his head snaked forward to inspect Wellesandra more closely.

Pandasaurus Dragon

ωєєѕαияα
ooc;

she'd managed to store an entire bush-full of berries in a satchel she kept in the forest when the dragon landed in front of her. "i suppose it is, although i'm not technically a dragon." setting the satchel down, she bowed with a dramatic flourish of her arm. "the valkyrie wellesandra, at your service." straightening, she picked up her satchel again and headed to the left of the massive he-dragon in front of her, hoping to pick some other useful plants so that she could restock her cache of medicinal and poisonous herbs.

"what brings you out to the forest today, o titanic one?" her voice is vaguely amused, though she doesn't mean any disrespect to him--it wasn't wise to piss off a dragon both older and larger than she was. she smiles, vaguely, in his direction, her mind focused on the task at hand. she crouched down and pushed through the dirt and underbrush for a root she wanted, shoving the debris aside until she came across it. ginger root--perfect! morphing her hand into the paw of a dragon, she sliced through the root with a claw, placing the section she'd cut off into her satchel.

Medievarad

Urra'vin didn't really seem to like it when she walked to his flank. And manouvring in a forest at his size with a relatively small being wasn't too ideal. Before the large dragon answered the question, a.puff off smoke surrounded him, which cleared with a soft hissing as Urra'vin entered his human form.

Despite that, he was still a beast of a man, clad in some kind of armour that had glowing, orange cracks. Enchannted items from his hoard. And ontop of his head was a richly decorated, albeit bent and charred, crown. "Curioudity brought me here," Urra'vin stated qs he followed the Valkyrie in her bussiness. "I am Urra'vin," he started, a soft puff of smoke blown from his nostrils. "I have never met a Valkyrie before. How long have you been around these parts?"

Pandasaurus Dragon

ωєєѕαияα
ooc;

as he entered human form, she fixed him with her glittering eyes, the flame-colored orbs looking him over briefly before turning once more into the forest. "curiosity killed the cat," she hummed softly, wondering if he knew the rest of the phrase. his question enticed a small smile from the female as she sliced up more of the ginger root and placed it into her bag. "I left valhalla last year, the youngest of my sisters to ever leave the safety of our goddess's heavenly home. I cannot say that either of my mothers were thrilled when I left, but I have sworn that I will live well and die a good death that I may return to the sacred halls of valhalla one day."

she stood up and moved on from the root, heading for the nightshade nearby them. "I am not surprised that you've never seen one of my kind. we are few now. it is not often that a maiden calls out to freya for courage as she lay dying anymore; I am the first valkyrie to be born of a mortal union with the goddess in centuries. any that reside in the mortal realm are likely my nieces. I don't suppose any of my elder sisters are still around." she shrugged, collecting every useful part of the plant and storing it in her satchel. "you taste old to me. your energy, I mean." she could taste his power like candy on her tongue, and as she turned to face him she looked him over with a critical gaze. "waaaaay older than me, if I had to guess."

Medievarad

"Yet statisfaction brought him back," Urra'vin said with a deep rumble in his chest. He listened carefully to her ensuing story, folding his arms with a large clunk of the armour as he did so. "Thus, when one calls out to your god in their dying breath, a valkyrie appears?" He frowned. "Why?" He inquired, the elder dragon was curious now. Curious and bitter. It seemed pointless for someone to appear when you were already dying.

But, he snorted softly and ignored the thoughts for now. "I am ancient," Urra'vin replied easily, glancing around to the sky. "As ancient as time itself, one tends to lose count."

Pandasaurus Dragon

ωєєѕαияα
ooc;

she grinned as he completed the old saying, amused that he knew the rest of it. he asked two questions, and she shook her head. "to that first one, no. a maiden must call out to the goddess freya for courage in battle as she is dying. the goddess rescues the maiden to the halls of valhalla and impregnates her with a valkyrie; the mortal basically gives the goddess a single daughter in return for the rescue. we can inherit traits from our mortal parent; i, for example, gained my birth mother's draconic blood and all that comes with it. from the goddess I obtained a great many things, including the ability that all valkyrie share--reproduction with any gender and any species we so desire." she eyed him thoughtfully for a moment, despite the fact that she had no intentions of becoming a brood mare any time soon.

"as to why, well--we are freya' warrior daughters, her pride and joy. she is the only one involved in our creation; we're something her husband does not own, and... well, she loves us even more for it." I am ancient, he said, and she blinked up at him in surprise at the words that followed that. "woah. I'm only twenty--you're probably as old as my oldest sister, although you seem more... stable. mentally speaking." cheerily, the female turned and headed for the clearing she'd landed in earlier. "nïx is affectionately known as the proto-valkyrie; the very first of our kind. she has visions. a soothsayer, if you will, and she's gone a little nuts over the millenia. I guess seeing when, where, and  how every member of your family will die does that to a female." her sister would outlive them all, assuming she didn't take her own life to rid herself of the visions. she'd never left valhalla, and there was a good reason for that--as long as she stayed within the protective cocoon of freya's realm, she'd see only visions about her relatives and major events pertinent to them.

coming to the mortal world would have been the final nail in her coffin, so to speak; she'd have been overwhelmed by the strength of her gifts if she came here. seeing visions about everything and everyone, knowing everything long before it happened--it was nïxie's cross to bear, and though none of her sisters were jealous of the 'gift' she had, they'd have taken the burden from her if they could. stepping into the clearing, wellsie shifted just enough to have massive wings burst from her back, tearing holes in the back of her short dress. she turned to face him and unfurled her wings, offering him a small smile. "if you're horribly interested in knowing more, you can follow me; I've gotta get to work on this batch of poison and antidote for a client. he's offering lots of gold for the job." and they both knew it was impossible to turn it down once the client mentioned gold.

Medievarad

The cold and bored look didn't waver in the slightest from Urra'vin's face, it was more of a quirk, rather than anything else. After all the ancient dragon did listen.to her explanation without even interrupting her. So clearly, he was very curious.

"That name is not familiar with me," he answered when she explained of the first valkyrie, nïx. He shook his ead along with his words and merely watched her go about. "Why did you leave your home?" He rumbled the question, as she spread her wings. Urra'vin only arched an eyebrow and ducked, as she flew upwards, he jumped upwards to hover next to her with two smaller versions of his wings morphed from his back.

Pandasaurus Dragon

ωєєѕαияα
ooc; lowercase is used only for style.

"I don't suppose it would be. she's never left valhalla. if she were to come here, her gift would overwhelm her--right now, she sees only events that have to do with her family. freya keeps her safe from what her visions could be like." giving him plenty of airspace as he leaped upwards to fly beside her, she thought about his question. "aw, hell, I don't know. wanderlust, I suppose. I have my mother's fire; I've never been very good at staying in one place for very long." she headed for the thunderblacks, flying low and fast over the forest in the direction of the mountains--but she wasn't going to go all the way there. at the edge of the forest she dropped down and landed lightly on the grass, shifting her wings back so that she was just a valkyrie once more.

walking towards a massive tree, she reached out with her magic and unwound the primal and elemental safeguards she'd placed upon it, pressing her right palm against she bark and then stepping back as part of the tree swung outwards. looking back at him, she said, "follow me--and be careful, would you? I have to disarm the traps and safeguards as I go." the so don't rush me or touch anything went unspoken, but it was written all over her face. stepping into the tree, she headed down a set of spiraling wooden steps that lead deep into the earth, calling over her shoulder, "it'll seal itself behind you." her mind ran through the safeguards she'd placed on this place, unraveling them as she went, her hands moving in complicated patterns in the air.

Medievarad

"I see," Urra'vin only answered to her explanation, his wings beating occasionally, carrying enough strength to propel him over a good distance. Urra'vin touched down next to her with a loud clunk and thud, wings folding at his back, before disappearing.

The ancient dragon trailed behind her, frowning as she said something about traps. While he severely doubted any kind of magic or safeguards, or physical traps would be able to harm him, he was still an ancient dragon despite being in human form. But he decided to be courteous and let her do such, trailing closely behind her and stopping when she stopped, the entrance indeed sealing behind him.

Pandasaurus Dragon

ωєєѕαияα
ooc; apologies for the wait! life got a little hectic xc

it took about half an hour to reach the door that lead into the underground sanctuary she had here.

it was decorated in tapestries and murals that she'd done herself, and there was an underground hot spring at the far end. a little table with two chairs was nearby, and there were a few other doors; waving a hand, she opened one of them with a thought. "open door is the bathroom if you need it at any point. I don't eat, so it's more of a cosmetic thing for me--but it's fully functioning." walking towards the door closest to them, she opened it up and lifted a hand to keep him back. "lyra, sweetie? ah, there you are. I've brought a guest, and I'd like to ask you not to eat him, okay?" there was an angry clicking noise, and the valkyrie sighed. "hey! you haven't even finished your last victim. why are you getting huffy about not getting to eat this guy?" softer clicking sounds followed, and the petite woman rolled her eyes and laughed affectionately. "yes, I'm sure he would make a good, powerful meal, but it's impolite to eat your guests. besides, he's a dragon--one of my mother's people--and he hasn't done anything to warrant getting eaten yet." more quiet clicking, and wellsie recoiled. "you think I would invite that--that creature into my sanctuary?! no, he's not the warlord that murdered mother--what kind of valkyrie do you think I am, lyra?" after a few moments, she sighed and turned to face urra'vin.

"well, lyra says she won't try to eat you, so you can come in if you'd like. this is where I do my poison and antidote making." walking further into the room, she paused to let her eyes adjust to the relative darkness of the place. it was a massive chamber, covered in enormous spiderwebs--and in the middle of the room stood the arachnid responsible for the webs. she was jet black, with flame-colored eyes, and she was massive. frighteningly so--and her venom was among the most potent on the planet. even wellesandra took care to avoid her razor-sharp pinschers, for fear that her demigod status would not protect her from the spider's venom. luckily, lyra had been good friends with the female's mother--the ancient dragoness had rescued the spider when she was but a hatchling, and the two had been inseparable ever since. she'd been understandably enraged at the death of her best friend, and had nearly killed wellsie the first time she'd come down to this sanctuary. only after she'd said a phrase that was a secret between the spider and her dragoness had the spider stopped her assault--and after looking the female over, she'd decided that wellsie really was her best friend's daughter. the situation had been explained, and the spider had come to terms with the loss she'd suffered--though she'd been horrendously protective of wellesandra ever since.

heading towards the back of the chamber towards her alchemy table, the valkyrie set her satchel in the chair and pulled ingredients out of it, beginning her work on the custom-ordered poison. the hissing clicks of spider-speak rose into the air, and wellsie paused to look thoughtfully over her shoulder at lyra. "well that might...actually yes. I'd very much like to experiment with your venom, though I'd never have asked it of you--a rude question, no doubt--but if you're willing...I'd love to. it would help to have an antidote to you, just in case." she grinned. "I'd hate to bring home a boyfriend or girlfriend and have them die before my eyes while being able to do absolutely nothing about it--and all because you're so protective." she laughed at the clicks and hisses that came next, turning back to her work. "no, auntie lyra--I'm not in bed with the dragon, though I certainly wouldn't protest if the opportunity arose." more hissing and clicking--followed by an indignant harrumph on wellsie's part. "I hardly think I need protection, auntie ly! besides, sleeping with someone doesn't mean you're on their list of protected things and people, or they're on yours." thank freya for that--she'd have gone mad by now if that were the case. "oh! where are my manners. urra'vin, this is lyra. auntie ly, this is urra'vin. lyra was my mother's best friend, and now she's...well I guess you could say she's mine. if you don't know spider-speak, I can translate for you."

Medievarad

As Urra'vin entered the Valkyrie's sanctuary, his curiosity was doubled, if not tripled. He looked around at the tapestries and murals, examining the hall they had just entered. He frowned however as she pointed at her bathroom, it was quite random of the Valkyrie to show the bathroom of all doors she could've opened. And fully functioning? Urra'vin was an ancient and prideful dragon, he rarely had to and even if he did eat anything he didn't fully digest, he found a nice spot between the trees and left it at that.

But he made no motion of informing her of that, the dragon followed Wellesandra through her sanctuary, before she made a gesture for him to stop. He frowned as he heard the Valkyrie communicating with this 'Lyra'. It was quite the insult to him as a dragon, assuming he could be eaten just like that. He nodded, before snorting.

"Even if she tried, I'd be very surprised if she managed," Urra'vin answered. You weren't an ancient dragon without being a little tough. And judging from the size of the room, the spider was easily crushed if Urra'vin entered his draconic form. And even then, she had to get through his scales to even harm him.

He left it at that and entered the room, glancing around, his eyes befalling the large spider, before moving on, examining the rest of the room and listening in to the rest of the conversation, once more frowning. "I wouldn't- you're like an infant to me," Urra'vin retorted as he glanced at Wellesandra again, it wasn't meant to offend her, it was just a plain statement of facts. He glanced up at the spider as Wellesandra introduced him and nodded. "Greetings. I do not know spiderspeak."