Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Unnatural forces (zenaku) (open by request)

Started by Gawfy, September 19, 2016, 08:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawfy

Gawfy had been walking for a while. He had been hired to scout a dungeon. Well it wasn't always a dungeon, used to be something else. ,but Gawfy did not care about that. He needed the coin, after Getting his armor fixed and blade sharpened he was plum broke. So he found himself wandering around this Dark and dusty place. As he was day dreaming a scream cut through the halls. The owner did say there where dark creatures living down here, Vampires maybe? Gawfy took his sword and came to a corner where he saw a familiar change of light peer around the hall.

Zenaku

Zen was excited to out and help Gaw Scout out this area, anything is better then staying in Thanatos. Zen took up the role as torch bearer for this adventure, seeing as it was dark. the problem was, Zen tried to ignite the torch head with magic and it has yet to combust. Zen was about to audibly ask Gawfy if they were going the right way when the 'call for adventure' came through the halls. Zen tossed the torch behind them, which NOW combusts into flames, and quickly followed behind, fishing out a sling bullet (essentially a ball of metal), seeming ready to throw it, which in the hands of a reality warper, can be dangerous.

Gawfy

Half of a body came around, wrinkled and gray like all life had ran away from it. A ghoul, Vampire's servants. This one looked like a relatively new one. Its service time to its master was however cut short. A hot lead ball had flew through the space between Gawfy's legs. As the ball hit made contact with the leg the creature had fallen to its knees. It opened its mouth to scream, It did not get the chance to as Gawfy swung his blade a vibrant crash was made as the ghouls head and by extension Gawfy's blade hit the old Brink and cement wall. The body fell to the ground with the top half of the Head gone. Looks like we might be dealing with a vampire, its a shame we don't know its rank. Gawfy said as he eyed the body.

Zenaku

Zen chuckled, looking at the now defeated minion, poking it lightly.

"Well that is good to know; Say,  is the sun thing real? like exposed to sunlight they burn? and do we know why? just asking to see if I say, created a mini sun, would you think that would work?"

Zen asked, looking around to make sure this was the only one.

Gawfy

Yeah it works but they never fight out in the open. I find it easier to chop them to bits and take whats ever left out there, But some have a resistance to it. They can stay in sunlight longer Gawfy said as he stepped over the minion.These guys stay dead when you kill them though He said as he Waited for his torch bearer to catch up

Zenaku

"eh, not as Fun. Hopefully the fight will be fun, have a few spells I want to try out."

Zen stated, catching up to Gawfy, patting Gawfy on the back as Zen began to get in front of him,clutching a sling bullet lightly, seeming to be their ready weapon.

"But We are here to clear it out or scout it out? I know some jobs assume Scout means clear out, but if we do need to clear this place out, we may to do some more exploring after the local resident has been dealt with."

Gawfy

Gawfy stopped and pulled the notice written by the town Lord Gawfy began to read it aloud with a pompous accent as to mock the lord. You and your party are to take a look in my family old ritual ground, as i would like to renovate it and move my residence there. Gawfy stopped reading And after that it goes on and on about him and his family, so i guess we might just clear it out, But ill be sure to charge him extra for "hazard Pay" Gawfy said as he started back following zen

Zenaku

"Ah, so this was a ritual ground? let's hope it was nothing too deadly.  Oh, question. how strong is your armor? like how much punishment can it take? cause my plan of attack is throwing this ball and get rid of its loss of velocity. Since a basic law of reality is equal and opposite reactions, this thing will begin doubling its speed every time it hits something."

Zen stated as a warning, showing the sling bullet with a smirk before stopping, realizing they had no idea were to go as they approach a fork in the hall.

Gawfy

Ive had Werewolves claw me, Dragons drop me, and vampires stab me. Gawfy said. If nothing else this armor is resilient Gawfy Then put on his helmet. Ill take the visor down when we start fighting. They had now come to a fork. Gawfy pulled out a map. This doesn't seem right. There should be a audience chamber here. Zen increase the pressure on the floor plates Gawfy asked As Zen did so volleys off arrows shot off the walls into the next and a stone door Slammed shut in front of them. Sooo left is out of the question,I guess we go right. Gawfy said as he started walking

Zenaku

Zen blinked a bit as the chain of traps seemed to be triggered, laughing before seeing Gawfy walk the other way.

"You know, if they put such a 'cunning' trap down the left path, must have something to protect."

with a snap of their fingers, zen cast a spell on the stone door which the effects became obvious as the door began to melt and vaporize, which surprised Zen as they back away quickly,covering their mouth with their cloak. the stone door soon became a mix of a slurry on the ground and what can only be described as stone gas hovering a good few inches from the ground.

"You know, did not think removing the solid state of matter would be so gaseous."

Gawfy

Gawfy covered his face when he saw zen raise his hand. He did not know what he was doing, but he had a feeling it wouldn't end the way zen thought it would. Well that's one way of getting it open
Gawfy said as he stepped over the oozing doorway. and continued thought the left path.

Zenaku

"well the only fun way."

Zen joked and began to follow down the left pass, keeping an eye out for any traps. Zen began to wonder why this path was trapped with two layers of traps, seemed a bit much if this was a dead end. perhaps it was treasure that they could split as a 'bonus' . Or a fair madien or prince awaiting rescue, though that would be too cliche'.

Gawfy

Gawfy started walking with zen. he knelt down and picked up an arrow. Broad tips with many Edges. This wouldn'penetratete armor, Which begs the question, Why even use it in a trap? and there was an odd amount fired from the walls. Everyone knows a well placed shot beats 100 Arrows. There where also Worn claw marks on the walls. Gawfy Stood up and drew his sword and kept walking.

Zenaku

Zen turned to face Gawfy, chuckling as he drew his sword, finding it humorous that he was going on the defensive.

"Afraid we may be getting into some trouble? I guess I should get prepared as well."

With that, Zen pulled their hood lower and pulled up a scarf as well as putting on full on cloth gloves, seeming to cover as much possible flesh for some reason. This was Zen preparing his ultimate defense spell he called Mage's Statue. It was a simple spell that made his clothing not accept or transfer forces, an immovable object. can not cut or pierce something that will not yield.

Gawfy

(ooc) I added a picture if you where wondering what the armor looked like

Gawfy and Zen then came to a Left turn. As they Turned They where met with a Low Rumbling. Gawfy hugged the Wall and sure enough a scaly head poked around to investigate the noise the traps made. Acting instinctively Gawfy rammed the Sword into the Top part of the neck. He must have cut the vocal cords because it wasn't shaking and Gawfy could feel a slight vibration on his sword. He Let go of the sword with His right hand. Zen then noticed the sound His Large gauntlet was making. Gawfy aimed his Arm at the wyvern's Head. He could see it was about to do somthing but he did not want to give it the chance. With a Low Kathunk  the hallway exploded with noise as a Lead ball left Gawfy's Gauntlet.  Hitting the beast in the Head effectively killing it. A Black figure Jumped from behind the wyvern. In the air it was heading towards gawfy. 

Zenaku

Zen followed Gawfy's lead as they took cover from the rumbling, getting awe struck when the beast reared its head, but the moment was interrupted as Gawfy leapt in to attack the beast. before Zen could processes what Gawfy just did or was doing, the echo of the gauntlet contraption rang in Zen's ear. As soon as Zen was able to recover from the chaos that happened, Zen was laughing. this entire scene rang humorous to him, what else to expect from a rumored insane chaosmancer.

"First, I love seeing impromptu fights, always just pure instinct and chaos. Second, I can see you grew up in a rough street, attack before it could even let out a snort. Which leads to point three and the important one, What is that and how do you know it was an enemy? need to know if we need to dispose of the body, if we can. Also this gives me an excuse  to try and break some laws of nature if we need to~."

Gawfy

Gawfy could hear zen laughing in his left ear. He did not look back as one more ghoul jumped out. He reached out with his right hand to grab the Abomination As luck would have it the Thing jumped at just the right angle for Gawfy's right thumb to line up with its eye. as His thumb went into its eye Gawfy clenched down with all of his might slamming It into the ground. Gawfy let go of his sword still lodged into the beast to jump on top of the vile Cur. Gawfy Then got a good look at it. It was a woman, still young still looking human. She was beautiful with flowing white hair. Gawfy was pulled back as she tried to put a claw into his visor. He pulled his head up quickly. The Claw missing his eye but digging into his face. Gawfy brought His left hand over his head and brought it down on her. Grunting heavily each time he did so. After eleven pummels she took her claw out. But Gawfy did not waiver in his assault. After three more blows she ceased to move. Gawfy Sat up. Breathing heavily he moved against the wall to see a very exited Zen. Gawfy had heard wyverns and ghouls have magical properties, alive or dead. Gawfy watched as zen examined the wyvern and the not so dead ghoul.

Zenaku

"seems like you are a one man army. you always this ready to fight?"

Zen chuckled, seeing Gawfy easily take on enemy after enemy. If Zen's theory holds true, though, this proves that they are getting close to something worth guarding. While Gawfy was having his fun, Zen began to harvest what they could from the Slain Beasts, what They plan on using it for is unknown, but they seem to do this to just pass the time.

Gawfy

Gawfy opened the visor covering his mouth and got some water to drink and cool him. Not always,Just when i'm in the armor. Gawfy said as he stood up. Seeing as how this place was listed as uninhabited id made the assumption they where hostile. The ghoul coming after us right after the wyvern confirmed my theory Gawfy said as he pulled the blade from the neck of the beast. A red waterfall gushed out when he did so. He then opened his gauntlet and added more black powder and shoved a lead ball in. You have the go ahead from me if you wanna do somthing chaotic with that wyvern corpse. He said as he looked back at the ghoul still breathing. Leave her alone though. She isn't dead and all of the broken bones on her face will take time to heal. He pitied her. So young just to be turned into a vampire's plaything. That and he felt a little guilty. She wasn't that strong and He did goudge out an eye and pulled her into unconsciousness. I can wait here. Tell me when you wanna move on Gawfy said as he started to get all of the gooey viscera and blood of off his weapon.

Zenaku

"you have a good point, but the risk reward of trying something new is too volatile, so I think just collecting some samples is Good enough."

Zen stated, chuckling lightly. When Zen looked to the ghoul, Zen shuddered at the sight and sighed, seeming to try and figure out how to save them, pondering a solution.

"Ghouls, is there a cure?"