Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lost Little Lamb (Closed / Finished)

Started by CyclicalCycal, October 01, 2016, 04:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CyclicalCycal

Cara blinked, blearily staring up at Rin. "I-I dunno...aren't you dead...?" She asked, going to rub her eyes. The look on her face shifts, blinking and going to one of utter shock and surprise.

Medievarad

"I'm not," she answered with a soft smile. "Why would I be?"

CyclicalCycal

"I-uh...I don't...I don't know." Cara mumbled, before blinking. "Wait...h-have you been...standing there...this whole time?"

Medievarad

Still kneeling down, resting next to Cara, she nodded. "I've been here the entire time," she answered.

CyclicalCycal

"I-I..." Cara appears rather conflicted about this. She pauses, before asking. "...why?"

Medievarad

Rin shook her head softly, chuckling ever so gently. "Because I promised, child. I intend to keep those."

CyclicalCycal

Cara nodded, pausing. She then mulled over something, for a rather short while before asking one simple question. "Why are you helping me?"

Medievarad

"Because you're a small child," she answered. "Lost and without guardian," she added, chuckling softly. "It's my duty to."

CyclicalCycal

"Your...duty?" Cara asks, as she slowly rises to her feet. "...why's it your duty?" She seems honestly confused, tilting her head.

Medievarad

Rin nodded slowly. "Because I was trained for it to be," she answered, before shrugging. "And even if it weren't, I wouldn't leave a child all alone without their parents."

CyclicalCycal

"Oh...I...okay, then." Cara mumbled, nodding. She stretched, for a moment, rubbing at her eye and blinking as she glanced about. She seemed to be rather lost, now, as if deciding what to do. It seemed, however, she had no clue what to begin with.

Medievarad

Rin only smiled, pushing herself to her feet and adjusting one of the massive lamellar shoulder plates, glancing around the same way Cara did. "You have no idea where your parents are?"

CyclicalCycal

"I-uh-I...no. I can't...I mean...I..." It seems Cara does not have a proper answer.

Medievarad

Rin frowned softly, resting her hands on a piece of armour on her waist, waiting for Cara to formulate a proper answer.

CyclicalCycal

"I-I don't...I don't...why do you care? 'sfine." Cara mumbles, rubbing at her good eye and going dead silent.

Medievarad

"As I told, you're a lost child," she answered with a soft shake of her head. "I'll keep you safe until we find your parents."

CyclicalCycal

"I-uh..." Cara pauses, frowning. "...okay." She replied, wearily. She seemed at a loss of what to do, once more, not truly expecting this. Cara rather swiftly went silent.

Medievarad

Rin nodded once, before turning to inspect the horizon. "Where are you from?"

CyclicalCycal

"The forest!" Cara replied, rather happily. "It's big and green. There's lots of plants and animals there. I like it there."

Medievarad

Rin nodded slowly. There were a lot of forests on the continent. "And.. Are your parents in that forest?" She inquired with a soft smile.

Tags: